There are 72 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

PASS RUSH!!! Where is it?!?!

Sorry to bring this up again, but watching todays game against the Giants, one thing that I felt was missing was the Pass Rush. Last year we made Eli very uncomfortable and sacked him numerous times. Not just Eli but other games as well. We just don't have that this year. Against a team like the Giants if we don't get to the QB, they will pick the D apart. We got Brees and Brady on the schedule and we play in their house.
  • Apone
  • Veteran
Good question.

Now, where is our 1st and Second round pick?
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
We don't blitz.

Our DLine got handled.

Eli got the ball out quick, thats what good QBs do.
Originally posted by Garcia:
We don't blitz.

Our DLine got handled.

Eli got the ball out quick, thats what good QBs do.

Last year the DLine had intensity and fire, lacking this year I think. The DLine getting to the QB often helped the secondary hold their coverages.

I think Aldon coming in fresh on passing plays was a key last year. This year he's a full-time player and just not as effective. He gets in the back field at times but not as much as last year.
Hard to rush when your defense is on the field all game, because your offense got cute all game and taking sacks, false starts, 3rd and longs going for it on 4th down with a flood play... I don't blame the defense i blame Roman for calling a bad game and not feeding gore, and taking alex out of the game as well all to play with kaep!
We have no OLB depth, those guys have to play every snap. Most teams will rotate in pass rushers to keep them fresh.
Originally posted by dhp318:
We have no OLB depth, those guys have to play every snap. Most teams will rotate in pass rushers to keep them fresh.

This falls directly on coaching staff.... Need depth for rotation
Despite all the complaining about depth, that arguement tends to not really hold water here, when you consider that at the start of the game when our guys were fresh there was still very little pressure. Eli simply was getting the ball out on his first hitch and outplaying our DC. Eli and his wr's timing routes were impeccable and damn near impossible to defend when you are dealing with that type of accuracy and timing. We blitzed early and got burned. Went to a standard 5 man rush, got burned on timings. All around Eli played great today and just showed what an amazing qb can do.
Forget depth these guys just needed to play better. At some point guys have to beat the guys in front of them. Today they couldn't beat the Giants o line
1 QB hit, 0 sacks today. That is pathetic. This team doesn't seem to be able to get it done consistently, Eli had forever and a day at times to throw the ball downfield, it was an awful performance. With no pass rush and turnovers on offense, this can easily become an 8-8 team like we are familiar with.
Put me down for 4-3 and Aldon passrushing every play. Otherwise, against good teams, NO passrush. Fangio, what, you think it is a good idea to let Eli have 11 seconds to throw the ball. With that kind of time, even I might have completed something. Nice F grade on D game plan Fangio. You still think you would be good HC material? I don't.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
1 QB hit, 0 sacks today. That is pathetic. This team doesn't seem to be able to get it done consistently, Eli had forever and a day at times to throw the ball downfield, it was an awful performance. With no pass rush and turnovers on offense, this can easily become an 8-8 team like we are familiar with.

When you are blitzing and getting burned on hot routes, then rushing 5 and getting burned on timing routes, what do you suggest? Do you really even have any idea scheme wise how badly we were beaten? On top of that Eli played lights out, double teaming aldon consistently, takes out our number one pass rush and with no push up the middle Eli had a pocket. At the end of the day, it has nothing to do with depth and everything to do with Eli playing/adjusting great and us being outschemed, being forced to account for the run and the pass
Not going to put this loss on the defense. Offense couldn't do anything like a scoring drive. And made the Giants defense look like the best in the NFL, which they are far from that with injuries.

The defense did OK. Rough in the beginning but they did tighten up. First scoring drive in the second half by the Giants was disappointment in defense.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Oct 14, 2012 at 4:53 PM ]
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Not going to put this loss on the defense. Offense couldn't do anything like a scoring drive. And made the Giants defense look like the best in the NFL, which they are far from that with injuries.

The defense did OK. Rough in the beginning but they did tighten up. First scoring drive in the second half by the Giants was disappointment in defense.

I agree. The pass rush was pretty non existent but they got no run support from the O. If the game had been close, I think the pass rush would have been better.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Absolutely, didn't mean this thread to blame the D. The offense had their fair share of the blame. Lets face it, last year our D carried this team. We couldn't expect that this season which is why the offense was beefed up. But we have yet to see that offense to help the D out. We needed that offense today.