There are 400 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Official Greg "the mad scientist" Roman Express

Yippee, get out of here Roman! I can't wait for a new offensive coordinator with more knowledge and creativity in the passing game. I want to see the football flying over the field like Kaepernick can. His play calling has really been suspect this year and along with the special teams have been a real let down for this team.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
He's hot & cold.

One game excellent and the other weak as it gets.

In our losses he seems unable to make adjustments to counter what's happening.

If he goes - IMO, no big deal.

He excels at creating plays and that shouldn't be overlooked, but he is 60/40 in his game plans and sometimes he contradicts himself by mixing in risky plays in an ultra conservative game plan. (anyone else notice that all the high risk plays seem to come at the end of a game?) He tends to contradict himself allot... coming off strong rushing performances to start out the next game by throwing the ball and then never giving the running game a chance to get established. I can apreciate the philosophy behind it, and maybe they were trying to put more on the QBs shoulders, but the vast majority of the losses over the past two years, especially this year seem to come from horribly inflexible gameplans... since he's the OC he is held accountable for that.

Obviously he is still a good coordinator and has proven he can outscheme the pattycakes of the NFL, but his track record of making adjustments when good teams shut down plan A is concerning.

AGREED!
please hire him
His gimmick plays are better suited for college. I hate seeing that stupid motion WR, fake end around, draw play to Gore or Hunter!
Captain Obvious (Greg Roman quote on play to Ted Ginn):

"One thing is, when plays work, you generally say that was a good decision," Roman said. "When they're not executed, or they don't work, for whatever reason, 'Hey, maybe we should have done something else.' In that case, there's too many moving parts for that situation. Certainly when it was called, the result was not what we expected. It's just something you measure and you try to learn from and you move on if it doesn't work."

Gregg Rosenthal ranks offensive coordinators.

Guess who is at the top of the list.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000106844/article/atls-offensive-coordinator-power-rankings
http://www.ninersnation.com/2012/12/6/3737016/greg-roman-tennessee-head-coach-rumors-49ers

norv turner for SF oc?
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
norv turner for SF oc?

I already said I'd give my left nut for that to happen in SF. If Harbaugh and Turner could co-exist, that would be pretty ridiculous as Turner could be a long-term solution as offensive coordinator. He's still one of the sharpest offensive minds in football and has pretty much seen it all.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
norv turner for SF oc?

I already said I'd give my left nut for that to happen in SF. If Harbaugh and Turner could co-exist, that would be pretty ridiculous as Turner could be a long-term solution as offensive coordinator. He's still one of the sharpest offensive minds in football and has pretty much seen it all.
he did made alex smith look like a pro when he was around.
Originally posted by mug0mug:
Gregg Rosenthal ranks offensive coordinators.

Guess who is at the top of the list.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000106844/article/atls-offensive-coordinator-power-rankings

"The 49ers' running game is very tough to prepare for. Someone should give Roman a shot as a head coach. "

Please tell me this is a joke. You can tell this guy doesn't actually watch the games, either that or he missed both Rams games, the Seahawks game, the Giants game and the Vikings game.

Add this guy, bring back Phil Jennings and 49ers have a dynasty on their hands.

I understand that Norv Turner is a good OC, but he doesn't run the WCO! Plus, I highly doubt he and Jim Harbaugh would work well together. NO THANK YOU!
he did made alex smith look like a pro when he was around.

Not to mention Gore ran for like forever and a day, his best season was with Norv as the coordinator.