LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 292 users in the forums

The completeness of our team

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by fryet:
We are not the best passing team in the NFL except in not making mistakes. I do think we are the best rushing team. Defensively, you could argue that we are the best in both pass defense and rush defense, although strong cases could also be made for other teams in one of those areas like Seattle and Dallas. For special teams, we probably have the best combo kicker/punter, but our coverage teams have played rather poorly this year, so I definitely wouldn't consider us the best there (although I admit I don't know if other teams collectively do better in the areas of kick/punt/coverage than we do). We are really good, but I just don't want to be a homer and say that we are #1 in all areas yet.

Yea, the coverage units have not been elite (though the officiating f**kup on the Cobb TD unfairly skews that), but everything else has been the best. Don't kid yourself about our passing game though, we have been great at for more than merely not making mistakes. We have the highest passer rating in the NFL. Alex Smith has as many TD passes as Tom Brady and Matt Schaub and he's 6th in the NFL in yards per attempt.
[ Edited by lordfangio on Oct 14, 2012 at 11:48 AM ]
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lordfangio:
Yea, the coverage units have not been elite (though the officiating f**kup on the Cobb TD unfairly skews that), but everything else has been the best. Don't kid yourself about our passing game though, we have been great at for more than merely not making mistakes. We have the highest passer rating in the NFL. Alex Smith has as many TD passes as Tom Brady and Matt Schaub and he's 6th in the NFL in yards per attempt.

We are definitely not the most complete team.
There goes that theory
Share 49ersWebzone