There are 52 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jacobs unhappy

Originally posted by mustangmele:
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
Originally posted by mustangmele:
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
Cut him. Coach just said that Jacobs didn't play because he wasn't 100%, then Jacobs jumps in front of a reporter and starts whining about not getting any reps and that his knee has been fantastic the past couple weeks? He's probably telling the truth but you don't go behind Coach's back and start spewing to reporters, you wait your turn or talk behind closed doors...definitely not to the media. Don't need his emotional baggage when the "Team" is looking at the prize.

You don't cut him until he takes it a step further. Right now -- what he said doesn't merit enough to be cut.

I disagree. The Coach and the rest of the team preaches "Team". When a player, especially a player who hasn't played a snap, starts talking to the media about our coaching decisions then they need to go. I know he didn't say anything "too" extreme but it wan't necessary, he's just whining. Obviously my opinion but I don't see him as that much of an asset to detract from the "Team" trying to win games and get in a position to get another Ring.

I understand what you're saying. If Jacobs says a few more things, perhaps what you suggest should be carried out. But no doubt Jacobs has friends in that locker room. If you cut a guy too early, that very act in itself can cause a division between Coaches and Players. Also, it will cause a lack of trust and loyalty for Harbaugh. You don't want your players walking on eggshells.I remember Mike Nolan was cutting guys prematurely and players had issues with him for that. Not comparing the two coaches. Although, just proves what can happen when things are done too soon.

Valid points
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Good, release his ass and let someone else take his roster spot. We dont have time for these divas, we are trying win championships. You are either with us or against us


a guy working hard to make a team and being dissapointed not getting playing time is not being a diva. nice try
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
Originally posted by mustangmele:
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
Originally posted by mustangmele:
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
Cut him. Coach just said that Jacobs didn't play because he wasn't 100%, then Jacobs jumps in front of a reporter and starts whining about not getting any reps and that his knee has been fantastic the past couple weeks? He's probably telling the truth but you don't go behind Coach's back and start spewing to reporters, you wait your turn or talk behind closed doors...definitely not to the media. Don't need his emotional baggage when the "Team" is looking at the prize.

You don't cut him until he takes it a step further. Right now -- what he said doesn't merit enough to be cut.

I disagree. The Coach and the rest of the team preaches "Team". When a player, especially a player who hasn't played a snap, starts talking to the media about our coaching decisions then they need to go. I know he didn't say anything "too" extreme but it wan't necessary, he's just whining. Obviously my opinion but I don't see him as that much of an asset to detract from the "Team" trying to win games and get in a position to get another Ring.

I understand what you're saying. If Jacobs says a few more things, perhaps what you suggest should be carried out. But no doubt Jacobs has friends in that locker room. If you cut a guy too early, that very act in itself can cause a division between Coaches and Players. Also, it will cause a lack of trust and loyalty for Harbaugh. You don't want your players walking on eggshells.I remember Mike Nolan was cutting guys prematurely and players had issues with him for that. Not comparing the two coaches. Although, just proves what can happen when things are done too soon.

Valid points

Now if only we could get Stephen A. Smith, Skip Bayless and Jamie Dukes to be as reasonable as you.
Seriously. He has felt like he's healthy enough to play and really wants to go do it, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. This is just him answering a question truthfully and the media making it out to be something more.
Originally posted by Whomeam:
Seriously. He has felt like he's healthy enough to play and really wants to go do it, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. This is just him answering a question truthfully and the media making it out to be something more.

The media did not start this. Jacobs ran his mouth and now it's a story.
welcome to the world of the new york media

you all just fell for it lol
Originally posted by pebble143:
Originally posted by Whomeam:
Seriously. He has felt like he's healthy enough to play and really wants to go do it, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. This is just him answering a question truthfully and the media making it out to be something more.

The media did not start this. Jacobs ran his mouth and now it's a story.

The media asked him a question and he answered it honestly. Now they're making his words out to be worse than what they are.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
welcome to the world of the new york media

you all just fell for it lol

Actually, it's started with the USA Today. Is that what you mean by "new york media?"
Originally posted by pebble143:
Originally posted by Chief:
Dude wants to play football and you guys want to cut him?

Lol, that's like erasing a bootycall number you have on the back burner because she wants to f**k.

Chill guys, its a good thing he is upset. He loves to play and wants to, that is NOT a bad thing.

Maybe, but how does his b***hing help the 49ers win? It's a distraction for a head coach who seems to loathe them.

When did he b***h? I think you misunderstand Harbaugh, coach knows this is media BS. Jacobs said what any player would say when asked about playing time. Coach gives no s**ts about this.
f**k him.
Originally posted by pebble143:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
welcome to the world of the new york media

you all just fell for it lol

Actually, it's started with the USA Today. Is that what you mean by "new york media?"

he was asked by a new york reporter
Jacobs whole career he has cried about playing time. Diva
Hope to hell he doesn't turn into the 'Braylon Edwards' signing of the year.
Maybe JH didn't want NYG to get film on the guy?
Stay healthy and he'll get his shot. Harbaugh loves his skill set.