There are 157 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jacobs unhappy

• cciowa
  • Veteran
I just am looking at JH through this thing. As long as he talks about jacobs he will not be cut. once the coach stops talking about a player, you know they will soon be gone
Can't blame him for his disappointment. Would you rather a guy who was fine with NOT playing? However, he was an unnecessary signing in the first place, and, at the time had not been running like the 265 lb'er that he is for at least 2 years. Plus, IMHO, having your top 2 picks inactive is not so much a testament to depth as it is to questionable draft decisions, especially in the case of a first rounder. If he's not starting, shouldn't he at least be available to contribute on game day if needed? Just asking.
I hope Jacobs is activated and gets some nice runs against his former team.
Originally posted by cciowa:
I just am looking at JH through this thing. As long as he talks about jacobs he will not be cut. once the coach stops talking about a player, you know they will soon be gone

Harbaugh not showing his hand, would have been very easy to get BJ in the last game..but then there would be film
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Can't blame him for his disappointment. Would you rather a guy who was fine with NOT playing? However, he was an unnecessary signing in the first place, and, at the time had not been running like the 265 lb'er that he is for at least 2 years. Plus, IMHO, having your top 2 picks inactive is not so much a testament to depth as it is to questionable draft decisions, especially in the case of a first rounder. If he's not starting, shouldn't he at least be available to contribute on game day if needed? Just asking.
I hope Jacobs is activated and gets some nice runs against his former team.

i think Jacobs needs to keep his damn mouth shut. his entire career hes opened his mouth and said stupid s**t. the team is winning, they dont need any of his distractions. if he keeps it up the same things gonna happen to him that happened to braylon edwards last year. as far as jenkins i totally agree, he showed a knack for getting open in preseason but harbaugh knows more than us so ill let him be the judge. james didnt look too impressive when we saw him in preseason but jenkins did. crabs and mario are starters, williams is good as the 3 and moss is valuable as a decoy. i dont see who they can deactivate in favor of jenkins.
LMJ TIME!

Forget about him!
I think they should play him. He looked good from what he showed in pre-season and I think he'd be an upgrade over Dixon. It's crowded back there, but Jabobs could contribute. They are probably concerned about his knowledge of the offense and blitz pickup. Sometimes talented backs sit for that reason.
LMFAO i cant believe you guys are taking a new york giants beat writer and Grant Cohn so damn seriously. Of course hes not happy hes a pro football player and wants to play and harbaugh decided to let him heal one more week. Its a competitive nature. Now does that mean hes unhappy with the 49ers? f**k no it doesnt it just means he wants to play. When you a pro athlete, hell when your a human being you always think your healed faster then you are and a dr or coach or parent thinks you need more time to heal to 100% you get a little upset cuz you cant do what you want to do. Why the hell would he be pissed at the niners and say somehing against them when he signed on knowing he was a limited down player why did he even sign then? Once again hes upset he hasnt been playing but whos to say hes upset wih he niners? Stop letting the media drag your minds through the mud about our teams players.
tell him he can play on special teams
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
BJ needs to just stay ready. His time will come.
LOL some of you guys are trippin... Niner Talk at its best!
What I don't get is if he's healthy, why has he been inactive? Seems like they just brought him in because they felt Dixon wasn't going to step up (which Dixon surprisingly did) and now they've come to a point where they don't need Jacobs.
Ahh, another victim of the overload/overdraft. I like being right in these situations. Im all for being loaded, but "bloated" is something else. We have too many RB's and WR's, thanks to overkill in draft/FA. We can only dress a certain amount, and good guys like Jacobs, Jenkins, James, etc. are gonna be left on the sideline come game day.
He just became cleared to practice last week. I do think it was under good safe precaution to keep him out and let Rathman show him what he should be prepared for going this week against NY. There is nothing wrong with what Jacobs said IMO. I know he has done and said some retarded things in the past but how he played during preseason showed a lot of promise. I would be upset to if I was in his shoes. The only deal is if you deactivate Dixon what do you do on Special Teams on who to bring in?
Wah, wah...if Harbaugh doesn't suit him up this Sunday, there must be a good reason for it. It's not like we really need him at this point...our running game has been explosive. I wouldn't mind seeing him against his old team, but if Coach doesn't think he's ready, so be it.