There are 197 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Does Brandon Jacobs play this sunday vs. The Giants?

Does Brandon Jacobs play this sunday vs. The Giants?

He will play and have some big gains, maybe even a TD or two.
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
i hope he does. he's been out for a while now.

i think he would be a nice addition close to the goal line and maybe spell gore a bit. i am not afraid to play him for fear of him fumbling. anyone can do that at any time.

Yeah, just ask Roger Craig

Funny how one play can demonize an other wise awesome career.
Don't look like it.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Jacobs seems to me to be in JH's doghouse, guys have retuned from surgery faster then Jacobs has from his strain. Maybe I'm wrong and JH can't wait to play Jacobs, this sunday would seem like the time to let him lose.

If Jacobs plays, who would you sit? I think it has to be Celeck, Dixon is too big a part of our Special Teams unit, and lets face it, ST has not been so good thus far, do we weaken the unit further just for Jacobs?

So in a nut shell, a two parter, does he play, and who sits?

No, he stays inactive. Can't take the carries away from Gore and Hunter. I don't see much point in activating him for just a few plays.
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
Don't look like it.

Per schlefter?
I really want him to, and not just because he's on my fantasy football team

He looked awesome in preseason before he got injured. Almost all of his runs (or was it all of them? cant remember) went for first downs. He was hitting holes hard, wasnt afraid to hit anyone and just looked awesome. I think he can tremendously help this team if he looks even 50% as good now as he did then.
Yes and he scores
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
i hope he does. he's been out for a while now.

i think he would be a nice addition close to the goal line and maybe spell gore a bit. i am not afraid to play him for fear of him fumbling. anyone can do that at any time.

Yeah, just ask Roger Craig

Funny how one play can demonize an other wise awesome career.
only to a few people. i forgave him a loong time ago
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
No, he stays inactive. Can't take the carries away from Gore and Hunter. I don't see much point in activating him for just a few plays.

If those plays are 3rd and short, then I think you do in a game of this magnitude.

Can't wait till later in the season seeing Dixon/Jacobs late in games!
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

If those plays are 3rd and short, then I think you do in a game of this magnitude.

Can't wait till later in the season seeing Dixon/Jacobs late in games!

then why sign him in the first place...and keep him after the pre season???
I think harbaugh is treating Jacobs like he's a "marine"
here me out before you rip me as i have several relatives who are marines and im a military vet myself.

I think he's treating him like crap getting him mad, making him feel he isnt appreciated.
so that when his time comes he's ready to KILL.
much like the US gov treats its Marines.

treats them like crap.(lower grade everything) so that when it comes down to wartime they are pissed off already.

does this make sense? or do i sound like a idiot?
Too much depth at RB. I can see us using him at the goal line at most, or maybe a short 3rd and 1. But why risk using him when we have guys that can get large chunks of yards instead ? He's gonna start pouting when we dont use him on first or second downs...its not going to end well for him in SF.
no. Harbaugh already checked his ass.
Revised answer is if harbaugh says so.

Big azz bold punctuation too.