LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 218 users in the forums

Penalties

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Anybody know where we rank in the league? Week after week we get some stupid calls and some obviously warranted. But I dont remember this being a problem last year? Still not a complete game until we get this crap under control!!
Those have to stop!
Not a problem IMO. There were a few more today than usual. We use so much motion and different personnel packages that we are prone to procedural penalties from time to time.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Anybody know where we rank in the league? Week after week we get some stupid calls and some obviously warranted. But I dont remember this being a problem last year? Still not a complete game until we get this crap under control!!

You'll never be satisfied will you? If our game today was not a complete game than there has never been a complete game in the history of organized sports. What's wrong with you man, why can't you just sit back and enjoy an obliteration? So annoying how unless we win infiniti to negative infiniti, you'll be here b***hing
Originally posted by lordfangio:

You'll never be satisfied will you? If our game today was not a complete game than there has never been a complete game in the history of organized sports. What's wrong with you man, why can't you just sit back and enjoy an obliteration? So annoying how unless we win infiniti to negative infiniti, you'll be here b***hing

Stop trying to incite arguments...Jreff is good dude

its a problem that needs correcting. And I've been happy all day....when you come in here 5 hours late and skim few comments you miss a lot of s**t. Don't come at me like you know me. Go nitpick the people b***hing about Alex not throwing for 200 last week.
[ Edited by jreff22 on Oct 7, 2012 at 9:55 PM ]
We won.. enough with this arguing
its a problem that needs correcting. And I've been happy all day....when you come in here 5 hours late and skim few comments you miss a lot of s**t. Don't come at me like you know me. Go nitpick the people b***hing about Alex not throwing for 200 last week.

Sorry I live 5 mins away from Pat Willis and he told me to say that

Duuuuude, our defense allowed 3 points, our offense became the first team ever to throw and rush for 300 yards and 3 TD's in each....I don't care if we had 500 penalties, you won't ever ever EVER find a more complete game.

Duuuuude, our defense allowed 3 points, our offense became the first team ever to throw and rush for 300 yards and 3 TD's in each....I don't care if we had 500 penalties, you won't ever ever EVER find a more complete game.

we lost around 60+ yards at least on called back plays....we cannot do that against top talent and win

Originally posted by AmpLee:
Welcome to NinerTalk.

oh I know how it is.. just saying though..
we lost around 60+ yards at least on called back plays....we cannot do that against top talent and win

Are you serious? I don't care if we had 600+ yards called back because of penalties we had over 300 passing yards not called back because of penalties, we had over 300 rushing yards not called back because of penalties. And you're disappointed that it wasn't 400/400. Our defense allowed 3 points. Find me a more complete game. Go. Seriously. Go do it.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Bring back the replacement refs.

Are you serious? I don't care if we had 600+ yards called back because of penalties we had over 300 passing yards not called back because of penalties, we had over 300 rushing yards not called back because of penalties. And you're disappointed that it wasn't 400/400. Our defense allowed 3 points. Find me a more complete game. Go. Seriously. Go do it.

If you dont get the point I'm not going to explain it to you. Penalties kill drives and cost points. When this stuff happens against great teams like Baltimore last year it can cost you big.

I don't think we have been doing that bad in penalties. Today more than usual. I don't get why people get mad about you bringing it up. I think Staley brought it up in a post game interview. If the players and coaches can talk about what they can fix in a 45-3 win so can we. It's not complaining. You're right... if Willis doesn't get that strip it could have been a different ball game and those penalties killed us early on. There is always room for improvement... one of the 1st things whitner said in his interview was there were some coverages we have to fix. That's their mindset, the coaches mindset and the GMs mindset. Always room for improvement.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 7, 2012 at 10:12 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone