There are 162 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Right side vs. Left side

Seems like the right side of our OL has improved so much that they're now better than the left side. I know Staley & Iupati are the ones that get most of the attention, but what I've been reading says Boone & A. Davis are grading higher than the other two.
Our offensive line as a collective unit dominated from the first snap of the game. That was one of the best performances I've ever seen, from the pass protection to the run blocking.
helluva performance by the o-line they dominated and demonstrated
This is blossoming into the best O-line in the league. They've been kicking ass in the run game for while. If they can pass protect like they did today, we might be unstoppable offensively. Just look at what Alex was able to do today with a consistently clean pocket.
o line plays like they did today week in and week out and we are going to be a very tough team to beat.
it's the Bills defense......
There was a HUGE pocket several times today. Also loved seeing Boone sprinting down the field to wipe out a safety... too bad he missed lol
Originally posted by defenderDX:

Sure but they have Mario Williams the 100 million dollar man, Marcel Dareus #3? overall pick, Stephon Gilmore #10 overall pick, Kyle Williams at NT who has a good rep, Marc Anderson who they paid big bucks for from NE... Aaron Williams 2nd rounder, Jarius Byrd and George Wilson who a lot of people considered top 10ish at their position a few years back. There LBs aren't good but it's not like they have a bunch of nobodies back there.

And to answer the OP's question yes the right side has surpassed the left side. And I would agree this might be the OL's best game in a decade, maybe even decades for this team. Although the penalties hurt at times. 0 sacks, 310 yards passing, 311 rushing.... that's dominating
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 7, 2012 at 7:29 PM ]
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Our offensive line as a collective unit dominated from the first snap of the game. That was one of the best performances I've ever seen, from the pass protection to the run blocking.

Agree. Was great to watch.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by defenderDX:

Sure but they have Mario Williams the 100 million dollar man, Marcel Dareus #3? overall pick, Stephon Gilmore #10 overall pick, Kyle Williams at NT who has a good rep, Marc Anderson who they paid big bucks for from NE... Aaron Williams 2nd rounder, Jarius Byrd and George Wilson who a lot of people considered top 10ish at their position a few years back. There LBs aren't good but it's not like they have a bunch of nobodies back there.

And to answer the OP's question yes the right side has surpassed the left side. And I would agree this might be the OL's best game in a decade, maybe even decades for this team. Although the penalties hurt at times. 0 sacks, 310 yards passing, 311 rushing.... that's dominating

Bunch of rookies and Mario who has yet to make an impact. You could blame scheme.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
This is blossoming into the best O-line in the league. They've been kicking ass in the run game for while. If they can pass protect like they did today, we might be unstoppable offensively. Just look at what Alex was able to do today with a consistently clean pocket.

I said from the beginning, the O-line will be our second best unit on the team this year. They are making a strong case for best unit on the team.
Boone has been an absolute animal.
Left side, right side, outside, inside. As long as it gets us on the winning side. We're dominating people.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Spartans! What is your profession? O line was awesome today
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
The run blocking was incredible. However, I've been dreaming of our line giving our QBs that kind of time. It was awesome for plays to develop down the field and Alex able to stay in the pocket and comfortably make a throw. It seems like his life as a Niners QB has been a non-stop pressure fest compared to today's blocking. If we can sustain that level of play up front, we're going all the way.

Also, that holding on Staley was a great pancake block.