There are 121 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 6)

Originally posted by YungAce:
Quote:
But with three extra days before their next game, guess where Lynch was heading to hang out after the 49ers' 13-6 victory on Thursday?

Yep, to Goldson's house. He expected Lynch, who grew up in Oakland, to spend the night. They're old friends from their Pac-10 days — Goldson played at Washington, Lynch at Cal — and remain close.


http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20121018/sports/121019513

Lol after they almost went at it.
Originally posted by YungAce:
But with three extra days before their next game, guess where Lynch was heading to hang out after the 49ers' 13-6 victory on Thursday?

Yep, to Goldson's house. He expected Lynch, who grew up in Oakland, to spend the night. They're old friends from their Pac-10 days — Goldson played at Washington, Lynch at Cal — and remain close.


http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20121018/sports/121019513

the way they were jawing that's surprising. Would love to be a fly on the wall of that mansion. Kind of weird to go to someone's house after just getting beat by them.

found this quote:
"He's the toughest dude I've tackled all year," defensive lineman Justin Smith said.
that's one good thing about the niners, they show a lot of respect to their opponents
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
that's one good thing about the niners, they show a lot of respect to their opponents

they do... they usually aren't a bunch to jaw either... usually things get heated it's because the other team is talking smack which I think seattle did tonight. Anthony gets personal fouls on occasion but usually it's because the other team did something. Lynch started it off I believe after the Goldson tackle by getting in his face.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 19, 2012 at 12:01 AM ]
  • THEB
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,765
Originally posted by Gore_21:
the way they were jawing that's surprising. Would love to be a fly on the wall of that mansion. Kind of weird to go to someone's house after just getting beat by them.

found this quote:
"He's the toughest dude I've tackled all year," defensive lineman Justin Smith said.

the thing is that you dont know what they were actually saying. It was most likely all just friendly trash talk. things like "Come on boy you gotta hit me harder than that or you wont be getting a pillow tonight!!" in stead of "You f**king suck and dont deserve the cleats on your feet"
Thanks.
Alot of times what we see we think is trash talk but alot of these guys are good friends outside of football. I'm sure not all what we see are explicits and bashing. Sometimes during time outs you can see guys talking and smiling with each other.
Lynch is no joke. dude is a handful to bring down. Excluding DL, only guy on our D that could probably go head to head with him and win, would be Willis. But you better drop that pad level cuz it won't be pretty.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
the way they were jawing that's surprising. Would love to be a fly on the wall of that mansion. Kind of weird to go to someone's house after just getting beat by them.

found this quote:
"He's the toughest dude I've tackled all year," defensive lineman Justin Smith said.

Doesn't surprise me. Marshawn Lynch runs like Earl Campbell, its scary.
I know Seattle missed some opportunities in last nights game but you have to tip your hat to them. They are impressive. I think their defensive backs get away with a bit too much contact down the field but overall very impressive and just wanted to say I hope we show up as well in Seattle. I know we'll need to be better than they were here for us to even be in that game. Playing in Seattle is beyond tough and while the Hawks lost last night they put up a great fight. Hoping we do the same up there.
Anyone else laugh/notice when Aldon and Justin Smith didn't want those crappy gifts from Mooch and Irvin?
Something that I'm still pissed about, why did NFL Network not show the replay of the HUGE penalty on Dobbs? The one where he allegedly "lined up illegally?" That could have easily changed the game. After a big third down stop, the Chickens got the ball back. Harbs was PISSED. Considering how s*itty the refs were, I wanted to see that call. I've never seen that called on the receiving team.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Something that I'm still pissed about, why did NFL Network not show the replay of the HUGE penalty on Dobbs? The one where he allegedly "lined up illegally?" That could have easily changed the game. After a big third down stop, the Chickens got the ball back. Harbs was PISSED. Considering how s*itty the refs were, I wanted to see that call. I've never seen that called on the receiving team.

someone with the all-22 nfl rewind can probably post a gif
Originally posted by dhp318:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Something that I'm still pissed about, why did NFL Network not show the replay of the HUGE penalty on Dobbs? The one where he allegedly "lined up illegally?" That could have easily changed the game. After a big third down stop, the Chickens got the ball back. Harbs was PISSED. Considering how s*itty the refs were, I wanted to see that call. I've never seen that called on the receiving team.

someone with the all-22 nfl rewind can probably post a gif

That would be dope. Inexcusable for the Network to not show that replay one time.