There are 195 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 6)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Seattle defense should work on the trap plays for the next game. Unless they go retard like the Lions against our wham. Comes down to keeping the balance between aggressiveness and discipline as a unit. Our defensive front has it when I see them play. Seattle just needs to learn to play like that.
Originally posted by NavyHawk:
Originally posted by NinerG94:
I know Seattle missed some opportunities in last nights game but you have to tip your hat to them. They are impressive. I think their defensive backs get away with a bit too much contact down the field but overall very impressive and just wanted to say I hope we show up as well in Seattle. I know we'll need to be better than they were here for us to even be in that game. Playing in Seattle is beyond tough and while the Hawks lost last night they put up a great fight. Hoping we do the same up there.

Nice post, and thanks. I didn't expect a win, but it was there for the taking and we didn't get it done, which stings. The bright side from a Seahawks fan's perspective is that we're so young and only getting better. I'm optimistic that our offense will hit it's stride this season and we'll get hot towards the end of the year to catch a wildcard. The season is almost at the halfway point and fortunately the toughest stretch is over for us and we still have the bye to look forward to. The game on December 23rd will be good, I intend to go, my first time seeing the Hawks play the 49ers.
As far as our DB's playing physical, here's my take. If the ref's aren't calling it and the league isn't addressing it the week after the game, there is no foul. Does that mean our DB's aren't toeing the line on what the rules state? Maybe. But for every instance Browner or Sherman get criticized for how they play I can point out countless instances of holding at the line of scrimmage by offensive lineman on every team in the NFL every Sunday. Not to mention how physical San Francisco plays. You won't hear me complain about how hard your D hits because I understand that's part of the game. It isn't necessary to LEVEL someone everytime you make a tackle, but when you do, you send a message. I get it. I love it. I played the game. It makes games like ours that much more exciting to watch than when Cleveland plays Cincinnati for f**ks sake. Again, just my take.

Good game guys, I'm looking forward to our match in December in our house. Wouldn't it be great if the division title were on the line for it? See you then.

I'd rather we had it won by then! It's likely to be a tough game. Cheers.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by NavyHawk:
Originally posted by NinerG94:
I know Seattle missed some opportunities in last nights game but you have to tip your hat to them. They are impressive. I think their defensive backs get away with a bit too much contact down the field but overall very impressive and just wanted to say I hope we show up as well in Seattle. I know we'll need to be better than they were here for us to even be in that game. Playing in Seattle is beyond tough and while the Hawks lost last night they put up a great fight. Hoping we do the same up there.

Nice post, and thanks. I didn't expect a win, but it was there for the taking and we didn't get it done, which stings. The bright side from a Seahawks fan's perspective is that we're so young and only getting better. I'm optimistic that our offense will hit it's stride this season and we'll get hot towards the end of the year to catch a wildcard. The season is almost at the halfway point and fortunately the toughest stretch is over for us and we still have the bye to look forward to. The game on December 23rd will be good, I intend to go, my first time seeing the Hawks play the 49ers.
As far as our DB's playing physical, here's my take. If the ref's aren't calling it and the league isn't addressing it the week after the game, there is no foul. Does that mean our DB's aren't toeing the line on what the rules state? Maybe. But for every instance Browner or Sherman get criticized for how they play I can point out countless instances of holding at the line of scrimmage by offensive lineman on every team in the NFL every Sunday. Not to mention how physical San Francisco plays. You won't hear me complain about how hard your D hits because I understand that's part of the game. It isn't necessary to LEVEL someone everytime you make a tackle, but when you do, you send a message. I get it. I love it. I played the game. It makes games like ours that much more exciting to watch than when Cleveland plays Cincinnati for f**ks sake. Again, just my take.

Good game guys, I'm looking forward to our match in December in our house. Wouldn't it be great if the division title were on the line for it? See you then.

I'd rather we had it won by then! It's likely to be a tough game. Cheers.

Ya, we may (hopefully) be playing our JV squad for that one, and even then we'd still have a very good shot at winning
Share 49ersWebzone