LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 248 users in the forums

Is Randy Moss a late season secret weapon ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mayo49:
It's time to sit Randy and activate Jenkins. We need a deep threat and Randy just can't run anymore.

Yea, because he sure did look awful on that 55 yard catch.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
IDK about moss, but I do think that's the case with LMJ.

LMJ probably only sees the field as a return man, barring an injury to the O skill players.

Nice pick Smith (Minn DB). Take care of those Cards.
Moss would be a weapon if smith actually knew where he was out there. he's over looked moss on a few sure TDs this season but none as glaring as that one last week, gore had time to point him out to smitha nd he still didnt see him
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Moss would be a weapon if smith actually knew where he was out there. he's over looked moss on a few sure TDs this season but none as glaring as that one last week, gore had time to point him out to smitha nd he still didnt see him

No wonder WRs hate playing with him.
im usually defending smith but hes blind out there sometimes when it comes to the receivers, especially moss.
Only in my dreams.....
The Catch IV
Originally posted by mkmasn:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
I hope so............having a QB like Smith doesnt help his cause one bit...............We can only hope he isnt getting frustrated by this plain jane offense & knows that come January they might look his way more often

Having a QB like Smith, who is more accurate than any of the "Elite" QBs at deep throwing... Heck, there are only 3 QBs in the top 20 in total yards more accurate than Smith in the deep ball: Carson Palmer, Cam Newton and Kevin Kolb. And even then, they are 1-2 throws above 50%. Smith sits at 50%. You want one of those guys? I didn't think so.

It's easy to be more accurate when the only deep balls you are throwing are at least a yard open. This doesn't take into account those other QB's throwing more deep balls to "covered" receivers.
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by mayo49:
It's time to sit Randy and activate Jenkins. We need a deep threat and Randy just can't run anymore.

Yea, because he sure did look awful on that 55 yard catch.

Moss should have 4-5 TD's right now

1 vs GB
2 vs Minnesota - Had a for sure score on a post route to the end zone
3 vs NYG - He burned Prince Amukamara on a streak, Smith looked for Manningham
4 vs NYG - Burned Prince again on a double move, Smith checked down to Gore
5 vs Seattle - All alone in the end zone before the pick Smith threw

So why sit him if he's doing his job but Smith just uses him as a decoy for Mario, Crabs and Vernon? He is not distracting the team at all, He really wants to help out alot much like Jacobs, I'd give it till after our bye week to HOPEFULLY see some Moss exposure for td's.
Originally posted by UKNiners:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
IDK about moss, but I do think that's the case with LMJ.

LMJ probably only sees the field as a return man, barring an injury to the O skill players.

Nice pick Smith (Minn DB). Take care of those Cards.
LMJ sucked at returns in the preseason.

Ginn
Williams
Cox
Cully
LMJ

Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
Originally posted by cNiner:
f**k No , Alex can't throw 65 yards ! get over it !

He can't even throw 40 yards.

hmm..that 55 yard pass against the giants didn't happen?
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:

He can't even throw 40 yards.

hmm..that 55 yard pass against the giants didn't happen?
it happened but moss had to sit and wait for it

That is correct but doesn't take into any other factors durning the play.

Who was the 1st, 2nd and 3rd reads? If Moss was anything other than the 1st read, its a moot point that he was open. Alex only had time for his #1 read then had to scramble and once your qb scrambles all bets are off.

I would love it for our OC to dial up better pass plays with a 2 deep jet or the like. Or how about using Crabtree to rub off a db and let Moss come clean? I see other teams using this tactic all the time to great effect but not us?
  • THEB
  • Veteran

Yes he can. Get over it.
Originally posted by rk1642:

That is correct but doesn't take into any other factors durning the play.

Who was the 1st, 2nd and 3rd reads? If Moss was anything other than the 1st read, its a moot point that he was open. Alex only had time for his #1 read then had to scramble and once your qb scrambles all bets are off.

I would love it for our OC to dial up better pass plays with a 2 deep jet or the like. Or how about using Crabtree to rub off a db and let Moss come clean? I see other teams using this tactic all the time to great effect but not us?

So, you are telling that if the coverage is man, and Moss isn't Alex's original 1st read, it is the OC's fault that Alex doesn't care if it is man coverage and takes a shot at Moss?

Are we forgetting that the QB is the one with the most power once that radio is turned off?

And please tell me Roman or JH will be super pissed if Alex makes the decision to throw to Moss when he reads man coverage. I'm sure that won't be the case.
[ Edited by Joecool on Oct 22, 2012 at 12:21 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone