There are 106 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Name your Favorite 49ers WR .. besides Jerry , T.O and J.T

Isaac Bruce. One of the greatest most underrated wide outs ever !
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Freddie Solomon... probably the most underrated WR in 49er history; he caught all the tough vertical balls most WRs at that time (when the WCO was still being innovated within the 49ers) probably couldn't across the NFL. When all the lights shined n Dwight Clark, nobody was covering Solomon, the guy was just automatic. -Since the day I've heard of his passing, I've been in deep mourning.

Yeah man, that man could glide like no one else playing the position then. Really a perfect contrast to Dwight Clark.
tai streets
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,072
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:
Isaac Bruce. One of the greatest most underrated wide outs ever !

he was a very nice player for us for one year. second year not so much but was glad to have him for that first year
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,072
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Freddie Solomon... probably the most underrated WR in 49er history; he caught all the tough vertical balls most WRs at that time (when the WCO was still being innovated within the 49ers) probably couldn't across the NFL. When all the lights shined n Dwight Clark, nobody was covering Solomon, the guy was just automatic. -Since the day I've heard of his passing, I've been in deep mourning.

Yeah man, that man could glide like no one else playing the position then. Really a perfect contrast to Dwight Clark.
delvin williams was one of my favorite niners and i was very mad when walsh traded him to miani for freddie but i quickly got over it and next to rice and gene washington he is my third fav all time wide out.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Or Freddie Solomon...but probably Gene...

Gene Solomon? Don't recall.

Gene Washington
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,072
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Or Freddie Solomon...but probably Gene...

Gene Solomon? Don't recall.

Gene Washington
smooth as silk, big old poofy afro stickiing out of the back of his helmet.I hope his girlfriend condi rice will be commisioner of the nfl someday so he will have lots of pull. he and vic washington were my favs
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Or Freddie Solomon...but probably Gene...

Gene Solomon? Don't recall.

Gene Washington

JK Was one of my favorites at Stanford and with the 9ers.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Oct 7, 2012 at 9:08 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,072
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Or Freddie Solomon...but probably Gene...

Gene Solomon? Don't recall.

Gene Washington

JK Was one of my favorites at Stanford and with the 9ers.
his jersey was actually the first to ever be marketed on tv. back in the early 70's as part of the nbc mystery theatre tv shows on sunday night. rock hudson played san fran police commisionder mac mcmillon. his wife was sally but i do not remember the name of the actress who played her. anyway the show was called mcmillon and wife and she always wore a gene washington jersey with his name on it to bed every night! i wonder if the nfl or gene saw money from that. the kids do not remember but maybe a few old school guys do.
Originally posted by cciowa:
his jersey was actually the first to ever be marketed on tv. back in the early 70's as part of the nbc mystery theatre tv shows on sunday night. rock hudson played san fran police commisionder mac mcmillon. his wife was sally but i do not remember the name of the actress who played her. anyway the show was called mcmillon and wife and she always wore a gene washington jersey with his name on it to bed every night! i wonder if the nfl or gene saw money from that. the kids do not remember but maybe a few old school guys do.

Susan Saint James...had such a crush on her!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Oct 7, 2012 at 9:28 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,072
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by cciowa:
his jersey was actually the first to ever be marketed on tv. back in the early 70's as part of the nbc mystery theatre tv shows on sunday night. rock hudson played san fran police commisionder mac mcmillon. his wife was sally but i do not remember the name of the actress who played her. anyway the show was called mcmillon and wife and she always wore a gene washington jersey with his name on it to bed every night! i wonder if the nfl or gene saw money from that. the kids do not remember but maybe a few old school guys do.

Susan Saint James...had such a crush on her!
thank you. good job.. she did look hot in that gene washington jersey to a 15 year old!! other than monday night football it was one of the few times we ever got national exposure even though we had good teams back then!

she was a host on SNL in the early '80s too (lol someone saw this when we were in the peyton hunt and took it as "a sign" lmfao)
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

she was a host on SNL in the early '80s too (lol someone saw this when we were in the peyton hunt and took it as "a sign" lmfao)

LOL...Color must be off, should be orange. She was great looking and had/has a great sense of humor...very funny.
No one has said Joshua Morgan?
Dwight Clark and Freddie Solomon