There are 180 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Name your Favorite 49ers WR .. besides Jerry , T.O and J.T

Originally posted by YungAce:
This thread is actually kind of sad..

We can't come up with any better receiver than Crabtree or Bruce?? Holy s**t. Some are saying Clark but he's not a WR. And if we were also going by TEs, where's Vernon's name?

Sheesh

Brandon Lloyd cracks the top 5 too lol

I hear you.

It's late on a Friday night, actually Saturday, I've had a few pops, so I'm not wading into this.

I will say this, however, I think it's incumbent upon us old farts to inculcate the new guys into the franchise's history, rather than smack them on the nose with a newspaper. I think we should be teaching them about the past, the better to protect the Dynasty..
[ Edited by BubbaParisMVP on Oct 6, 2012 at 4:47 AM ]
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

We can't come up with any better receiver than Crabtree or Bruce?? Holy s**t. Some are saying Clark but he's not a WR. And if we were also going by TEs, where's Vernon's name?

Sheesh

Dwight Clark was a WR.

He was probably thinking about Greg Clark
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

Good man.
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:

Good man.

Yes, but in a storied franchise such as the 49ers, if someone said Clark, that's who I'm thinking about.... Greg... Greg Clark
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Sheesh

Dwight Clark was a WR.

LOL...or perhaps Monte?
Gene Washington!
Or Freddie Solomon...but probably Gene...
Freddie Solomon... probably the most underrated WR in 49er history; he caught all the tough vertical balls most WRs at that time (when the WCO was still being innovated within the 49ers) probably couldn't across the NFL. When all the lights shined n Dwight Clark, nobody was covering Solomon, the guy was just automatic. -Since the day I've heard of his passing, I've been in deep mourning.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I always loved Eric Wright. He was always money.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Or Freddie Solomon...but probably Gene...

Gene Solomon? Don't recall.
Eric Johnson was solid as a TE, when he left he fell off the map though. But he went to Yale and is getting it in with Jessica Simpson...can't hate
Bryant Young
as a youg'n i think it has to be lloyd for me. I remember joining the zone and seeing hate for Lloyd, and i was shocked. He was my favorite player during the s**tty Tim Rattay era
Gene Washington, Freddie Solomon, Dwight Clark