LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 188 users in the forums

After the first 4 games...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by sachie23:
Alex looked great in the first 2 games but did not play very well in the last 2. I think the D will be fine and we'll run the hell out of the ball but the pass offense needs to gel if this team really wants to win the Superbowl. Having said that, If you told me in August 3-1 with 3 out of 4 on the road (2 east coast games and a trip to Lambeau) I'd sign up for it every time.

Yes, and the loss not being against the Pack is another bonus. If we get another shot at the Vikings (in the playoffs) I think we will take them to pieces.
agree. I just hope we take care of what we need to do so we would not have to go to that disgracefull dome. Now maybe if they do, the coach should bring them to iowa and work out at wells fargo arena in des moines to get them used to midwest time
Originally posted by blm7754:
As long as we are able to run the ball effectively, you won't see big passing yards. If you can do it, running is a much safer way to move the ball (lower chance of turnover, higher chance of gaining positive yards, better clock management, etc).

We are committed to the run because we do it better than pretty much anybody in the league. IF we happen to face a team that is able to shut down our running game, then you will see a pass emphasis in the game plan.

100%. From what Roman said about the Jets, they couldn't stop us running so we changed the game plan and just ran all game. This is what you SHOULD do! I give him props for that. We have dominated every DL we have faced (or didn't challenge them - Vikings) so why should we stop? Balance is key but not just because. Its important to be balanced and multi-faceted only when a team proves to stop you in an area and right now, I don't know what DL can stop our running game...and as long as it jives with HaRoman's offensive philosophy, I wouldn't expect many more deep packages than we've already seen. Maybe a few more...maybe more will be installed later in the year as the WR's continue to learn the play book and game plans. Then again, this is HaRoman...we could devote an entire game to throwing deep balls just to eff with the NFL!
Originally posted by cciowa:
Alex looked great in the first 2 games but did not play very well in the last 2. I think the D will be fine and we'll run the hell out of the ball but the pass offense needs to gel if this team really wants to win the Superbowl. Having said that, If you told me in August 3-1 with 3 out of 4 on the road (2 east coast games and a trip to Lambeau) I'd sign up for it every time.

Yes, and the loss not being against the Pack is another bonus. If we get another shot at the Vikings (in the playoffs) I think we will take them to pieces.
agree. I just hope we take care of what we need to do so we would not have to go to that disgracefull dome. Now maybe if they do, the coach should bring them to iowa and work out at wells fargo arena in des moines to get them used to midwest time

Last thing I want is a playoff game in that god forsaken dome.
Originally posted by BayArea:
Originally posted by cciowa:

Last thing I want is a playoff game in that god forsaken dome.

No, in the Stick!
Clean up the penalties. We're in the top 10 in penalties.

We're a bit better on third down (33.3%), but I'd like to see that number at 40% or so.

MOAR RAC.

More passes to Manningham. He's the only WR who seems to do anything with the ball in his hands.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I really would like to see some quick score capability, which means deep balls. At some point we'll need it.

ditto
catch the effin ball, thats all i ask
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Also, what nonexistent pass rush? Aldon has 4 1/2 through 4 games. I think people mistakenly thought his sack numbers would double or triple with more time out there lol.

He had .5 sack this time last year

Unfortunately, he seems to be the only guy getting pressure this year. J.Smith seems to be playing like it's 2010 (which is very good, but not like last year) and Brooks doesn't seem to be getting much pressure either.

My feeling is we've focused so much on the pass (dropping guys into coverage) we are putting too much pressure on our front 3 or 4 to create pressure. They constantly have to play against double teams. I'd imagine it really starts to wear on them physically. We need more rotation or I feel like we are burning our guys out.

The thing about JS is now teams truely see him as a threat and have been throwing more at him trying to keep him at bay... cause lets face it just like in the playoffs against the aints last year JS has proven he will just push one guy around and still get a sack lol
Explosive play and down field passing!
Share 49ersWebzone