There are 219 users in the forums

Who was your favorite RB out of these former 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who was your favorite RB out of these former 49ers

Woody
The results are going to be biased based on the time period you grew up watching the Niners.

Craig was a better all around back --- and extra receiver which played into the Bill Walsh WCO --- but he could bruise you with the run as well.

Hearst was a great "between the numbers" runner --- he was major relief to our passing game in the 90s, and added an extra dimension to Steve Young's offense.

I'll go with Hearst bc Craig was on teams that were loaded with talent. I dont think our results would have been any different (except a 3 peat) had we plugged in someone else --- thats how good the Niners were in the 80s.

Hearst, on the other hand, took over a major chunk of offense while the rest of our guys were aging. He helped carry the team to several victories, and if not for some bad injuries, we couldve gotten further and had another ring or two (broken collarbone in 97 / ankle in playoffs in 98).
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
William Floyd.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Roger Craig, no contest.
Roger easy!

Originally posted by niners_guy:
I was a huge Roger Craig fan, but I give to nod to Garrison Hearst for the determination to overcome his nasty injury and earn his second comeback POY.

Green Bay reporter to William Floyd before his comeback game at Lambeau: "Can your knee take a hit?"

Floyd: "I don't know, but I can still knock fools out."
Maurice Hicks
Bill Walsh and I preferred Roger Craig.

Originally posted by CityKing415:
Maurice Hicks

damn beat me to it
Originally posted by mella8:
The results are going to be biased based on the time period you grew up watching the Niners.

Craig was a better all around back --- and extra receiver which played into the Bill Walsh WCO --- but he could bruise you with the run as well.

Hearst was a great "between the numbers" runner --- he was major relief to our passing game in the 90s, and added an extra dimension to Steve Young's offense.

I'll go with Hearst bc Craig was on teams that were loaded with talent. I dont think our results would have been any different (except a 3 peat) had we plugged in someone else --- thats how good the Niners were in the 80s.

Hearst, on the other hand, took over a major chunk of offense while the rest of our guys were aging. He helped carry the team to several victories, and if not for some bad injuries, we couldve gotten further and had another ring or two (broken collarbone in 97 / ankle in playoffs in 98).

Between what numbers, exactly? Did you mean "between the tackles?"
[ Edited by 21SandersMoss84 on Oct 3, 2012 at 10:11 PM ]
I'd have to go with Hearst and Barlow since I'm a younger fan and didn't get to see all the other greats
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

this
Originally posted by calinig4life:
Originally posted by niners_guy:
I was a huge Roger Craig fan, but I give to nod to Garrison Hearst for the determination to overcome his nasty injury and earn his second comeback POY.

Agree completely. 49ers arent known for their RB's, but theyve had a good bunch over their history. I guess because theyre dual threats instead of the classic between the tackles type the NFL history books are known for.

1a- Hearst
1b- Craig
3- Watters
Share 49ersWebzone