LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 240 users in the forums

Carlos Rogers: NY Jets defense quit

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Our players don't need to keep saying this stuff. Move on gracefully to the next game.

This

Move on with humble hearts.
He can say whatever he wants, they're not in the division.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Their fans quit as well! You could hear a pin drop in the 4th quarter

You could hear "Lets go Niners!... Lets go Niners!...Lets go Niners!" Loved it
Jets will beat the Texans on Monday night because of Rogers statement.

Watch.
Those words can come back to haunt us.

Let our playing smash-mouth do our talking.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Those words can come back to haunt us.

Let our playing smash-mouth do our talking.

If it takes bulletin board material to fire up your team, your team is in trouble. I wouldn't worry about it.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
If it takes bulletin board material to fire up your team, your team is in trouble. I wouldn't worry about it.

Seriously...Players can say whatever they want if they can back it up on the field which the 49ers have proven they can do week in and week out
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:

Watch.

That would be pathetic for them to need Carlos Rogers to fire them up that badly
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:

Watch.

Exactly. This will fire the Jets up. Look what getting beat on the road against the Vikings did for the 49ers. You don't think getting destroyed at home and then having players say they quit will not get them fired up. They'll put on a show. I don't think they have what it takes to beat the Texans on any day but they'll look better than they did against the 49ers. Keep talking Rogers! You earned it and it did look like the Jets quit! GO NINERS!
I think what carlos said has partially been taken out of contextt. Everyone knows the kind of reaction you get out of rex ryan when you talk s**t about his team. It was quite like staleys comments about the lions d where he was actually talking down about them. It seemed rodgers was more shocked to see them throw up the white flag in the fashion they did. Rex ryan seemed to understand what carlos meant and instead of going full retard in a press conference like he normally would, he put in his input from the opposite sidelines. Writers are always tying to make a story out of nothing.

Rex asked for the niners a year or two back. Well he got em this year. Be careful what you wish for.
I don't think they "gave up" so to speak, to me it looks like they just wore down over the course of the game, just like Rex said. It is what we do as an offense, we pound the other team into submission.
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Originally posted by Whomeam:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Our players don't need to keep saying this stuff. Move on gracefully to the next game.

Yup. Absolutely no reason to say this kinda stuff and it only makes them look bad.

Gore said the same thing about the Eagles last year , I bet they will bring that up the next time we face them

And Vernon said it about the Bucs last year. Seems to be a theme for us when we beat a team badly.

Wish they'd cut it out though. No reason for it.
  • rserda
  • Veteran
Rogers needs to shut his mouth and start playing defense. He's been horrible in coverage this year.
These types of comments are not needed. They got beat bad --- it was embarrassing. Let it be. And this coming from a guy that got torched by C ruz last year in the playoffs --- not exactly such a thing as Rogers island, ya know.
Share 49ersWebzone