There are 117 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Has Tukuafu been an effective blocker?

He will improve as a blocking FB as the weeks go by ...I like the Jumbo formations , but I dont like it when we get to the goal line and keep running it , and then have to kick a FG , I wouldnt mind seeing a naked bootleg or a quick strike to one of the TE's out of the jumbo formation
Dude keeps jumping offsides and it keeps not getting called
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:

if u mean false start, then yep..
Originally posted by oldman9er:

if u mean false start, then yep..

lol yeah my bad, I meant false start. He is always leaning and taking off before the ball is even snapped
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
He will improve as a blocking FB as the weeks go by ...I like the Jumbo formations , but I dont like it when we get to the goal line and keep running it , and then have to kick a FG , I wouldnt mind seeing a naked bootleg or a quick strike to one of the TE's out of the jumbo formation

They tried something similar with Tukuafu against the Jets. If I remember right it resulted in a hold on Tukuafu but he still almost caught the ball. Could have been a TD for him and Smith. They went with a running play instead after that.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Oct 3, 2012 at 7:52 AM ]
i saw him knock the SNOT out of a few people so i say yes.
Every play he wont blow someone up and make a spectacular play. but is he efficient.
YES
I think we'll probably have to see more of it to get factual data to judge him and the Fat Boy packages.

At this time it's another thing the opposition needs to plan for although how much planning wouldn't add up to much.

JH/Coaches are always planning something. I hope they keep on trying new things to reduce predictability.

We all remember "Predictability", when Sing/Rae ran gore up the middle for the first 3 plays and then a punt.
I agree, we shud just use him in spots/doses. miller was apro bowl alternate last yr. so we shud jus use him more.
He blocks well, but too many false starts (jumps too early)
lol yeah my bad, I meant false start. He is always leaning and taking off before the ball is even snapped

If its not getting called then its not a false start
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
I agree, we shud just use him in spots/doses. miller was apro bowl alternate last yr. so we shud jus use him more.

Shud?

Sir, you can't be serious.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
It's been real hit or miss with Tuku. Sometimes he pops someone yet doesn't destroy him like you'd expect such a large beast to do. Sometimes he blocks the wrong target. Sometimes he just clogs a rush lane a la Norris. Sometimes he gets a good one in.

So.. real hit or miss. I'd say he was better in the NYJ game than any other. Still needs some work.

Totally agree. Not sure he's an upgrade over Miller, but maybe with time and experience. Seems agile for a big man though.
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
He blocks well, but too many false starts (jumps too early)

Rathman should be able to clean that up ....#44 has done a great Job with Bruce Miller and Kendall Hunter too, it's obvious tom rathman has what it takes to develop solid RB's
He's definitely improved these last two games. I was glad to see him playing in garbage time against the Bills... getting him those extra reps will be of benefit in the future.
People keep hating on the Jumbo package in the gameday threads. Those people only notice and recall when it fails as they claim it never works, not when it succeeds the majority of the time.