There are 185 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Week 4: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

One of Aldon's sack was actually because Brooks knocked Sanchez off balance just missing the sack himself. Brooks had a very solid game.
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Originally posted by jreff22:




BIGGEST 6 INCHES EVER

You are right. Alex Smith is as good as Montana, he's as good as Young, Aikman and any other QB to win a Super Bowl.

Ahh the strawman...last resort of a guy who cant defend his arguement.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Originally posted by blm7754:
Yes I've heard of Bill Walsh, and you're not him.... we are talking about DROPS not QB practice, dumb ass. What did Bill Walsh say about drops?

Respond to the fact that Bill Walsh DEMANDED that QBs put the ball 6 inches above the numbers please




BIGGEST 6 INCHES EVER

Thank you.

Also, why wouldn't you demand more from your QB in practice? Walsh obviously knew how to set high standards to get the most out of his players. In practice, if a QB can always throw to within 6 inches of the numbers and a WR can catch anything within 3 feet, then come game time you can complete the pass no matter what the conditions. That is the goal, not the reality. Obviously you practice to achieve the goal, so that in reality... you win.

You should stop hating DirtyP. You've been on the Zone since March of this year. Already have 55% warning. Obviously a bandwagon fan. And you obviously know very little about the game.
My thoughts on your thoughts:


1) I love how these wins devolve into Alex Smith "debates" (not talking about the OP).

2) Manningham is getting better/more comfortable and it shows. I think he'll be big down the stretch and into the playoffs.

3) Goldson has been playing well the last two seasons. I say pay the man!

4) According to reports, Vernon has a bad back... that's probably why he's looked a bit off lately.

5) Kaep will be the starter within the next two years.

6) Aldon is the third best starting linebacker on the team... amazing.

7) O-line can downright dominate in the run game. Pass protection is another story.

8) & 9) I'd say Roman would be a head coach before Fangio. To me, Fangio will be a career D-coordinator. Hopefully, he'll spend the rest of his career with the niners!

10) Barring any major injuries, the 49ers may just be on their way to a 12-4 season. One of the best and most complete teams in the league.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,500
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Originally posted by blm7754:
Yes I've heard of Bill Walsh, and you're not him.... we are talking about DROPS not QB practice, dumb ass. What did Bill Walsh say about drops?

Respond to the fact that Bill Walsh DEMANDED that QBs put the ball 6 inches above the numbers please




BIGGEST 6 INCHES EVER

It's ironic actually. Of "The Catch," "The Catch 2" and "The Catch 3," Alex's pass was the most accurate.
Thanks Marvin.

As usual the Alex hater clones try to hijack the thread. Now back to the game and you analysis. I agree pretty much.

I think VD was "questionable" for the game. I also hope he isn't hurt. He's our best receiving threat - fast, strong and very good hands.

I'd like to add that Hunter is playing very well - he was an excellent pick in the draft. He seems so much stronger than last year.

It was more than encouraging to see Delanie finally get into the mix. His blocking is very good, he still needs to work on catching the ball.

Brooks has been playing better in each game.

Is Justin getting triple teamed?

Boone/Davis are also making a statement - those guys are tough.

Good hits by Whitner.

Aldon seems like he's starting to break out to a new level.

The creativity of the coaches stood out to me. Game planning for us is going to get tougher and tougher.

Keep up the great work Marvin.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Marvin,
Don't forget Goldson laying the wood once again to force a fumble. Dude is good.

This this this. All the guy does is make BIG time plays each and every game.

last year, he did the same but his weakness was the missed tackles. Have not seen him miss one tackle this year.

Dude is very good.
Originally posted by blm7754:
Thank you.

Also, why wouldn't you demand more from your QB in practice? Walsh obviously knew how to set high standards to get the most out of his players. In practice, if a QB can always throw to within 6 inches of the numbers and a WR can catch anything within 3 feet, then come game time you can complete the pass no matter what the conditions. That is the goal, not the reality. Obviously you practice to achieve the goal, so that in reality... you win.

You should stop hating DirtyP. You've been on the Zone since March of this year. Already have 55% warning. Obviously a bandwagon fan. And you obviously know very little about the game.

Why even respond to these guys? Some of you just played right into DirtyP and sus's personal agenda. Don't let them hijack a great thread and dumb it down!

Now, back to Marvin...great thoughts/posts!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by blm7754:
Thank you.

Also, why wouldn't you demand more from your QB in practice? Walsh obviously knew how to set high standards to get the most out of his players. In practice, if a QB can always throw to within 6 inches of the numbers and a WR can catch anything within 3 feet, then come game time you can complete the pass no matter what the conditions. That is the goal, not the reality. Obviously you practice to achieve the goal, so that in reality... you win.

You should stop hating DirtyP. You've been on the Zone since March of this year. Already have 55% warning. Obviously a bandwagon fan. And you obviously know very little about the game.

Why even respond to these guys? Some of you just played right into DirtyP and sus's personal agenda. Don't let them hijack a great thread and dumb it down!

Now, back to Marvin...great thoughts/posts!

for the record I have no "personal agenda". I just respond to what is being written.
Just doing my running sack given up total...
Week 1: Joe Staley 2.5, A. Davis .5, Miller 1 = 4
Week 2: L. Davis 1, Iupati 1, V. Davis 1 = 3
Week 3: Alex Smith 1, Joe Staley 1, Nobody's Fault 1 = 3
Week 4: Joe Staley 1, Multiple 1 = 2

Total on Season: Staley 4.5, VD 1, LD 1, Iupati 1, Miller 1, A.Smith 1, A.Davis .5, Nobody 1, Multiple 1, Goodwin 0, Boone 0 = 12

The 1st one Staley's guy Thomas beats him and gets to Alex. Alex pumped faked and wanted to go to Crabtree who kind of stumbled across the middle. I guess he gave him 3 seconds. I'm not sure if it's half on Alex to throw it away but Staley didn't exactly lock his guy down. 2nd one I don't know. Pocket collapsed because Staley's guy got by him. Alex got jumpy feet but he didnt have much time to throw the ball. As far as I could see nobody was open but the WR in the middle of the field was out of frame. Staley's guy didn't get the sack as Alex scambled. Boone's guy did but Boone did block him and then he released and then Pace kind of went along the line and got Smith for a loss as he scrambled. I'd say Staley because his guy kind of disrupted the pocket but again his guy didn't finish off alex. Not sure if Alex could have thrown it out of bounds... he tried scrambling instead. Would love to hear who you guys would put the sacks on for anyone who re-watches the game.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 1, 2012 at 12:13 PM ]
Happy to see the team bounce back and get a victory. Let's not kid ourselves tho the Jets are an inferior team about on the verge of tanking the season already ...Good points Marvin....i still feel the offense will ultimately make or break us this year .. when the run game isn't working or we get down early how will we respond ....can we score in bunches if needed similar to what New England did against Buffalo down 21-7 to come back and thoroughly run up the score ...I love our team but gotta admire teams that can score in bunches......are Brian Hartline and Ryan Tannehill better than our QB and receivers? Parts of me wanna say no way then I realize I may never see Crabtree go over 200 yards in a game ...for whatever reason he is the one player i wanna see shine every week. I always wonder why passing generally comes so damn hard for this team and i'm still wondering .. its very rare a team can truly ride a defense to a super bowl championship so I feel this offense has to make some strides to give us a true chance at ring #6 ...at least we attempted some deeper throws this game was happy to see that ..
Originally posted by Ether:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Originally posted by blm7754:
Yes I've heard of Bill Walsh, and you're not him.... we are talking about DROPS not QB practice, dumb ass. What did Bill Walsh say about drops?

Respond to the fact that Bill Walsh DEMANDED that QBs put the ball 6 inches above the numbers please




BIGGEST 6 INCHES EVER

It's ironic actually. Of "The Catch," "The Catch 2" and "The Catch 3," Alex's pass was the most accurate.

We need to bring Jerry in...

Originally posted by Gore_21:
Just doing my running sack given up total...
Week 1: Joe Staley 2.5, A. Davis .5, Miller 1 = 4
Week 2: L. Davis 1, Iupati 1, V. Davis 1 = 3
Week 3: Alex Smith 1, Joe Staley 1, Nobody's Fault 1 = 3
Week 4: Joe Staley 1, Multiple 1 = 2

Total on Season: Staley 4.5, VD 1, LD 1, Iupati 1, Miller 1, A.Smith 1, A.Davis .5, Nobody 1, Multiple 1, Goodwin 0, Boone 0 = 12

The 1st one Staley's guy Thomas beats him and gets to Alex. Alex pumped faked and wanted to go to Crabtree who kind of stumbled across the middle. I guess he gave him 3 seconds. I'm not sure if it's half on Alex to throw it away but Staley didn't exactly lock his guy down. 2nd one I don't know. Pocket collapsed because Staley's guy got by him. Alex got jumpy feet but he didnt have much time to throw the ball. As far as I could see nobody was open but the WR in the middle of the field was out of frame. Staley's guy didn't get the sack as Alex scambled. Boone's guy did but Boone did block him and then he released and then Pace kind of went along the line and got Smith for a loss as he scrambled. I'd say Staley because his guy kind of disrupted the pocket but again his guy didn't finish off alex. Not sure if Alex could have thrown it out of bounds... he tried scrambling instead. Would love to hear who you guys would put the sacks on for anyone who re-watches the game.

That seems about right.

One stat that is never noted is the sacks Alex avoided or the coverage sacks. I bet its pretty close to for whatever sack that happened, another was avoided (or pretty close). This should dispel and negate some coverage sacks and help the argument that the QB can also help the OL at times as well. And we also have to factor in the fact that we run a < 3 second offense and are STILL giving up these sacks (that's REALLY bad).

Edit: Also I'm surprised Gore isn't on this list...I've seen several guys blow right by him. I guess Alex got rid of it?
[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 1, 2012 at 12:40 PM ]
Great job as usual, Marvin. You have a nice way of maintaining perspective.

I thought that Alex got much better pass protection than usual, and was disappointed that he didn't hit at least one of those long throws. He played better in the first 2 games than in the last 2, but a turnover-free game was all that was required yesterday.

Yes, Aldon done good. The one exception was the stupid penalty that he took on third down, extending a Jets drive. Didn't make a difference though.

After watching Minnesota handle Detroit and GB almost lose at home to the winless Saints, it seems worthwhile to look back and recalibrate our opposition. Obviously, GB and Detroit were not as good as we thought at the time, and the Vikings were and are way better.
Originally posted by NCommand:
That seems about right.

One stat that is never noted is the sacks Alex avoided or the coverage sacks. I bet its pretty close to for whatever sack that happened, another was avoided (or pretty close). This should dispel and negate some coverage sacks and help the argument that the QB can also help the OL at times as well. And we also have to factor in the fact that we run a < 3 second offense and are STILL giving up these sacks (that's REALLY bad).

Edit: Also I'm surprised Gore isn't on this list...I've seen several guys blow right by him. I guess Alex got rid of it?

Yeah, Gore blew some last year and probably has this year but I would think I would have given Gore a half/a sack if I seen. My guess is Alex scrambled or got rid of it. There definitely have been coverage sacks... Alex has avoided a handful as well. I didn't get into it. It can get really in detail... that's why sites charge for info like pressures, hurries, knock downs, sacks given up, etc.