There are 67 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Week 4: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Originally posted by DirtyP:
Originally posted by jreff22:
if it hits your hands you catch it

Uh actually players in the NFL drop passes that they can get they're outstretched hands on all the time.
and....?

They are paid to catch balls. Ham got held on his deep chance but should've dove for the ball.
Originally posted by cciowa:
wow, when i saw crabs drop three in the chest vs the saints last year I should have known it was the fault of alex and "ball placement'. how come you were not around here after the first two games of the year talking about the horrid ball placement of alex? if it is the scurge of the niner team like you say it is, I would think the media or JH would address this. I guess they are just not dialed in like you are

Lol you are ridiculous. You decide to pull a particular play where ball placement was good and suggest that that is one of the plays I am talking about?
and....?

They are paid to catch balls. Ham got held on his deep chance but should've dove for the ball.

And the QB is paid to hit the receivers in the numbers every time. Thats a philosophy from a guy named Bill Walsh who knew a little bit about the passing game
and....?

And the QB is paid to hit the receivers in the numbers every time. Thats a philosophy from a guy named Bill Walsh who knew a little bit about the passing game

Ham isn't held once the ball is out, it would've been perfect. But Ham got slowed down and didn't put forth the extra effort.
Aldon Smith played a good game. He's getting better at the position and still getting to the qb. Good with running plays. He's got the perfect coach in Fangio to get him up to speed.
if it hits your hands you catch it

Uh actually players in the NFL drop passes that they can get they're outstretched hands on all the time.

NFL WRs are professional BALL CATCHERS! They are paid millions to catch balls. They don't have to worry about a pass rush, wind conditions, or make multiple reads like a QB. Their athletic ability is supposed to provide a QB with some margin for error.

A QBs job is to place the ball where only the receiver can catch it. Alex Smith is VERY good at this. If they want more catch-able balls then they need to get more separation.

I'm not saying Smith's performance was perfect. In fact he could have been much better this week. But c'mon.... drops are solely the fault of the receiver.
Ham isn't held once the ball is out, it would've been perfect. But Ham got slowed down and didn't put forth the extra effort.

I'm not debating one pass with you. I'm debating Alex Smith's consistent ball placement on intermediate and long throws. Its not where it needs to be.
Originally posted by blm7754:
NFL WRs are professional BALL CATCHERS! They are paid millions to catch balls. They don't have to worry about a pass rush, wind conditions, or make multiple reads like a QB. Their athletic ability is supposed to provide a QB with some margin for error.

A QBs job is to place the ball where only the receiver can catch it. Alex Smith is VERY good at this. If they want more catch-able balls then they need to get more separation.

I'm not saying Smith's performance was perfect. In fact he could have been much better this week. But c'mon.... drops are solely the fault of the receiver.

So what is the QB paid many more millions of dollars to do? Just toss the ball where the defender can't reach it? Are you kidding me? Thats like saying a starting pitcher is paid to throw strikes and not walk anyone and let everyone else win the game for you

Ever heard of a guy named Bill Walsh? He would chew out his QB coach if Montana or Young weren't hitting receivers 6 inches above the numbers IN PRACTICE

The QBs job is to get the receiver the ball so he doesn't have to slow down, contort his body or stop in order to catch it
[ Edited by DirtyP on Oct 1, 2012 at 11:33 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Merrill Hodge on SC said the Niners are the best team in the NFL. Jaws said his best team are the Texans.
hey local niner fans i'm from jersey been a niner fan my whole life!!! ( faithful) we represented hardcore for our boys yesterday, No lie I never been to a niner home game but it was sick seeing all the ( east coast niner fans taking to the Jets in their our house) we took those seat once they left then it was a more even sea of red fog!!! Now it's you guys turn this week against the Buffalo Bills hold your east coast brothers down. Five rings and counting the Months till the next one !!!!!
[ Edited by meelville49 on Oct 1, 2012 at 11:39 AM ]

So what is the QB paid many more millions of dollars to do? Just toss the ball where the defender can't reach it? Are you kidding me? Thats like saying a starting pitcher is paid to throw strikes and not walk anyone and let everyone else win the game for you

Ever heard of a guy named Bill Walsh? He would chew out his QB coach if Montana or Young weren't hitting receivers 6 inches above the numbers IN PRACTICE

The QBs job is to get the receiver the ball so he doesn't have to slow down, contort his body or stop in order to catch it

Yes I've heard of Bill Walsh, and you're not him.... we are talking about DROPS not QB practice, dumb ass. What did Bill Walsh say about drops?
Dirty...every Qb in the league throws to a shoulder, up near the helmet, down in the bread basket. Its pretty much accepted that if the reciever can get both hands on it, it should be caught at the NFL level. If they only get one hand on it and its behind...then you have a case, if they get one on it and its infront, its even debatable because a good reciever should at least attempt to lay out for it as long as the are not on a crossing route where it could get them hammered. I dont think Alex has been playing all that well the last two games, but your standard of accuracy is rediculous..its simply not possible for anyone in a game situation to hit every throw right between the numbers, and many of them really shouldnt be because of coverage by the corner.

Long story short if it hits you in the damn face mask....it is not the QB's fault.
Yes I've heard of Bill Walsh, and you're not him.... we are talking about DROPS not QB practice, dumb ass. What did Bill Walsh say about drops?

Respond to the fact that Bill Walsh DEMANDED that QBs put the ball 6 inches above the numbers please

Respond to the fact that Bill Walsh DEMANDED that QBs put the ball 6 inches above the numbers please

BIGGEST 6 INCHES EVER

BIGGEST 6 INCHES EVER

You are right. Alex Smith is as good as Montana, he's as good as Young, Aikman and any other QB to win a Super Bowl.