There are 180 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Week 4: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Originally posted by Joecool:
Marvin,
Don't forget Goldson laying the wood once again to force a fumble. Dude is good.

Ya.

As I said, I've been critical of him in the past but he is playing very well right now.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
#2 don't think we need to extend Manningham...pretty sure he signed a 3 year deal.

Thats perfect bc i thought it was only a two year
Originally posted by Joecool:
Marvin,
Don't forget Goldson laying the wood once again to force a fumble. Dude is good.

I've always thought he was a good safety but never an elite one...his weakness being coverage. He keeps playing like this and I may have to reassess my opinion. He's been looking really good.
Originally posted by 49erloyalist:
#2 don't think we need to extend Manningham...pretty sure he signed a 3 year deal.

Thats perfect bc i thought it was only a two year

Actually, you're correct. It was a 2 year. Still, it is a multi year deal..which was my point.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by Marvin49:

3) Goldson: I've said many times that I'm not his biggest fan, but I have to give it up to him. He's playing very well this year. That pass breakup on the deep pass was one of the best plays in coverage I've ever seen him make.

They need to pay this man. The guy is the complete package, and IMO the best safety in the NFL (I don't care what anyone says about them dudes in Seattle), and you can bet that he's one of those rare players that WR's fear when they watch him on film. He fits the mold of good ol' #42

I've come around to your way of thinking. He was slow to adjust to last year's changes regarding how you can hit a guy, but now that he has that firmly under control, and he's playing smarter football overall, I think you're right about him being the best safety in football. The manner in which he's improved his game is very impressive and speaks to the kind of professionalism that this team values.
  • sfout
  • Veteran

2 year deal. We should extend him. lower his cap # from 3.2M in 2013.

from rotoworld

Mario ManninghamWide Receiver3/17/2012: Signed a two-year, $7.375 million contract. The deal contains $3.2 million guaranteed -- a $2 million signing bonus and all of Manningham's 2012 base salary. He is eligible for annual $100,000 workout bonuses in both seasons. Another $2.5 million is available through incentives based on catches, yards, touchdowns, and Pro Bowl berths. 2012: $1.2 million (+ $250,000 in per-game roster bonuses), 2013: $3.6 million (+ $250,000 roster bonus), 2014: Free Agent
[ Edited by sfout on Oct 1, 2012 at 10:24 AM ]
Originally posted by sfout:

from rotoworld

Mario ManninghamWide Receiver3/17/2012: Signed a two-year, $7.375 million contract. The deal contains $3.2 million guaranteed -- a $2 million signing bonus and all of Manningham's 2012 base salary. He is eligible for annual $100,000 workout bonuses in both seasons. Another $2.5 million is available through incentives based on catches, yards, touchdowns, and Pro Bowl berths. 2012: $1.2 million (+ $250,000 in per-game roster bonuses), 2013: $3.6 million (+ $250,000 roster bonus), 2014: Free Agent

Can't do that. A player can only sign one contract per year.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by oldman9er:

from rotoworld

Can't do that. A player can only sign one contract per year.

I know that, not during the season but next March when the league year restarts.
1) Alex Smith: No TDs or Picks, so won't update the Tally this week. Not a BAD game, but not one of his best. 0-5 on third down, but three of them were dropped. Had 3 or 4 big chances at big plays down the sideline to Manningham and Crabtree and missed them. Even his supporters would admit that pass isn't his strong suit. Manningham had a shot at one of them tho and may have actually been held on the other. The Crabtree pass tho was clearly overthrown.

come on man really

Dude has stunk it up the last two weeks big time. Missing wide open player constantly and taking unnecessary sacks but I guess its not BAD by his standard. lol

from rotoworld

You're about 5 minutes late
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
walker caught some balls and dixon ran well,, my head is spinning
Originally posted by cciowa:

Don't get excited, Walker dropped more than he caught.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
You're about 5 minutes late

yep lol not quite that late but I was.
My thought is it is great to be up by more than three TD's. The DL gets to pin their ears back and rush the passer on every down. RJF was in on only 29 of the defensive snaps, because the niners hd their rush package in with no NT.

Being ahead the OL does not have have opposing defenses pinning their ears back rushing, they have to respect the run. An OL dream is to run 5 yards on every down. Much easier to run block than to pass block. You know where you are running to.

On a very positive note, I Alex boone has solidified the OL play. With a solid RG, the center and RT play so much better. And no penalties for false starts, whoo ho.
Originally posted by cciowa:

Don't get excited, Walker dropped more than he caught.

In my notes from the game I wrote, "Two nice catches by Walker (one out of bounds). Albatross off his back?" We'll soon find out, but I'd like to hope that those two nice grabs in the second half have got the monkey off his back and broken him out of his funk. We'll see.