There are 79 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How Did the DLine Do Today?

It looked like Aldon Smith was all over the QB. J. Smith looked like he got some push and got his hands into the passing lane at least once. How did the rest of the Dline do? How was RJF? How many pressures and hits did they get on Sanchez?
Somebody threw the decaf out
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
It looked like Aldon Smith was all over the QB. J. Smith looked like he got some push and got his hands into the passing lane at least once. How did the rest of the Dline do? How was RJF? How many pressures and hits did they get on Sanchez?

Really hard to find pressures and hits stats unless you pay for it. I know McDonald and Aldon had a sack taken away do to 5 yard illegal contact penalties. Would have made 3 sacks, 1 ff and a tackle for loss (on tebow) for Aldon. Would have been 1 sack for Ray. Brooks had 1. (3 sacks total, would have been 5) RJF did well holding his own...45 rushing yards on 17 attempts. Not sure about the pass...

edit: as for justin and the guys... really hard to get pressure when it's 5 vs 3. best thing they can do is get their hand up if they can't get to the ball. They did a good job of it and dl in general are becoming better and better at that. As for justin the guy just turned 33... he goes hard but he could be saving it for when it matters most. like in the playoffs he was unstoppable. he would probably wear down if he did that all season long

edit: not sure if I mentioned Justin and Ray both batted down passes and Ray's led to an INT
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 1, 2012 at 12:51 PM ]
How about Justin Smith, did he get any hits on the QBs? Seems like he is consistently double teamed? Was Brooks focused and productive?
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
How about Justin Smith, did he get any hits on the QBs? Seems like he is consistently double teamed? Was Brooks focused and productive?

edited my post and added more... brooks has been maybe our most consistent pass rusher this year.
One of the worst games played , jets should of had negative points
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
How about Justin Smith, did he get any hits on the QBs? Seems like he is consistently double teamed? Was Brooks focused and productive?

I saw him get pass 3 people to pressure Sanchez..

it looked funny cause I was telling my brother that it looked like a green wall was being pushed back into Sanchez, and then you just see Justin pop out of it.
I am impressed with RJF, I was worried at first about losing Soap, but I seems like at least one of our backups in every position on this team would be fit to be starters on other teams.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
I saw him get pass 3 people to pressure Sanchez..

it looked funny cause I was telling my brother that it looked like a green wall was being pushed back into Sanchez, and then you just see Justin pop out of it.

lol, that's our birthday boy. rofl

and ninefan, I posted a long response to your question about the ol in the alex boone thread
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 30, 2012 at 10:27 PM ]
Originally posted by jreff22:
Somebody threw the decaf out

^^^ X1000
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
I am impressed with RJF, I was worried at first about losing Soap, but I seems like at least one of our backups in every position on this team would be fit to be starters on other teams.

Yeah, at 1st we got Tukuafu in at fb and no doubt he is a better blocker. He is quicker, more athletic (even though sopoaga is athletic as heck), gets lower to the ground, makes better contact blocking. He almost had an amazing catch today... we will get these lineman some catches before the season is over.

Then at NT I am wondering if we will be ready for life without Sopoaga. Don't get be wrong we want him back but with his last contract at 5 years 20 mil and him being a much better player will he take a friendly deal at say 2-3 years at 4 million? Plus he likes playing here and being closer to home. We can't pay him 5 years 25 million or more with all the guys we want to re-sign. I'd like to have him and RJF back but RJF will be cheaper and is much younger. We'll see but don't be surprised if we are forced to let him go to put the money towards maybe other younger players. Ian would probably be backup. RJF is like our 4th dl starter but it is nice that he gets some time to prove himself at nt. Might be a blessing in disguise.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
How about Justin Smith, did he get any hits on the QBs? Seems like he is consistently double teamed? Was Brooks focused and productive?

I saw him get pass 3 people to pressure Sanchez..

it looked funny cause I was telling my brother that it looked like a green wall was being pushed back into Sanchez, and then you just see Justin pop out of it.


he had 1 bull rush where he pushed his blocker back into the qb, reminiscent of the saints game
Originally posted by Gore_21:
lol, that's our birthday boy. rofl

and ninefan, I posted a long response to your question about the ol in the alex boone thread

Thank you I appreciate it.
they did ite.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
I am impressed with RJF, I was worried at first about losing Soap, but I seems like at least one of our backups in every position on this team would be fit to be starters on other teams.

I think RJF is a future starter if I'm not mistaken, Soap is a FA after the year and letting him walk might be smart business with Goldson and Bowman to pay