LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

PAY THE MAN!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
You should agree, Isaac career sack total is 6.5, haha CAREER!!! He even started at De most of it. What's the difference between letting Franklin walk and Isaac walk. Isaac did take a discount he told his agent last time to only deal with the niners just get him a fair offer. He ripped us off at that, 5 million 2 years in a row for a guy who just sits in the same spot, and doesn't get sacks.

You dont pay a 3-4 NT based on his sack numbers.

Lol this
He started at De his sack numbers should have been higher! Will do it this way, Player rating from cbs sport, Justin Smith 10.69, Ray Mac7.00, Isaac 4.44 he's consdered the 113th player on dline, that's not worth 5 million he's the weak link on dline! Ray mac is 59th player, and justin is the 17th. Ricky as a backup is 2.31 he's rated the 189th. I think ricky as full time will produce better numbers than Isaac and for half the price.
Tuf is rated 217th with a rating of 1.38!

Those numbers mean nothing. Even for a 3-4 DE sack numbers arent one of the top stats to look at, pass rushing isnt their primary job. Anything more than 3 or 4 is a bonus. Even tackles arent 3-4 NT's primary job.
Saying hes the weak link on the DL is like saying Ahmad Brooks is the weak link of our LB's.
People are really excited to proclaim that guys are being overpaid around here. Does anyone know what the average starting 34 NT makes in the NFL?
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:
said the same thing about Aubrayo............we all know how that turned out. Same build, less strength more stamina not much upside. Ian Williams on the other hand.

I don't know who you are talking about but both Sopoaga and Ricky Jean are much stronger than Aubrayo Franklin
I always loved RJF and his peanut butter jelly dance Lets try to resign him but dont overpay him
He started at De his sack numbers should have been higher! Will do it this way, Player rating from cbs sport, Justin Smith 10.69, Ray Mac7.00, Isaac 4.44 he's consdered the 113th player on dline, that's not worth 5 million he's the weak link on dline! Ray mac is 59th player, and justin is the 17th. Ricky as a backup is 2.31 he's rated the 189th. I think ricky as full time will produce better numbers than Isaac and for half the price.
Tuf is rated 217th with a rating of 1.38!

I don' think anyone cares how CBS sport rates a player and LOL at you thinking we can lock up a starting NT for half the price of 5 mil a year.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DirtyP:
I don't know who you are talking about but both Sopoaga and Ricky Jean are much stronger than Aubrayo Franklin

Idk what ur talking about but I was talking bout RJF and we pretty much know Soap is stronger than both. RJF has good finesse maneuvers but I doubt hes sronger than Aubrayo. Aubrayo just ran out of gas quickly doesnt mean hes weaker.
  • gage
  • Veteran
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Thought this was going to be a Goldson thread...

This lol

me, too
PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!

Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Thought this was going to be a Goldson thread...

Same here. I think Goldson needs to be paid to. He made me a believer today.......

Pay them all. ice..freaky..and the hawk.
Pay the man.... Could be anyone of several guys.

Can't pay them all.

Tough decisions ahead.

[ Edited by DaveWilcox on Sep 30, 2012 at 7:07 PM ]
I'd rather see mgmt take care of Goldson. He controls the secondary and hits harder than most LBs.
I've loved gold son go years. He plays the fs position how it is supposed to be played. Whitner is getting cut though. He is way overpaid. The only way ice stays is if he takes 2.5 per.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bigwads:
I've loved gold son go years. He plays the fs position how it is supposed to be played. Whitner is getting cut though. He is way overpaid. The only way ice stays is if he takes 2.5 per.

lol Whitners getting paid like 3 mill a year
Share 49ersWebzone