Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

defense has regressed

regressed all the way to #2
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Two games 3 points. Which is exactly what this D is suppose to do against 2 bottom dwellers.

Are you serious? The Bills were one of the better offensive teams in the league, Fitzpatrick was leading the league in TD passes and their running game was top 3....until they showed up in Candlestick yesterday.

Yup. They were averaging 28 ppg, which was best in the league

Their offense put up big numbers but we knew or shoulda known they weren't going to be able to run the ball. Being able to take advantage of a 1 dimensional passing team is right in the niners wheel house.

How can suggest that the bills D isnt bottom dwelling at this point?

Nobody is suggesting their defense is anything but historically awful. But as you know, our D doesn't play their D, so that's not an issue. You said, "that's what our D is supposed to do against 2 bottom dwellers." I pointed out that offensively, they were anything but bottom dwellers until they played us. This whole thread is about OUR apparent regression on defense....this isn't about other team's defense, and clearly, that wasn't my point to begin with.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Two games 3 points. Which is exactly what this D is suppose to do against 2 bottom dwellers.

Are you serious? The Bills were one of the better offensive teams in the league, Fitzpatrick was leading the league in TD passes and their running game was top 3....until they showed up in Candlestick yesterday.

Yup. They were averaging 28 ppg, which was best in the league

Their offense put up big numbers but we knew or shoulda known they weren't going to be able to run the ball. Being able to take advantage of a 1 dimensional passing team is right in the niners wheel house.

How can suggest that the bills D isnt bottom dwelling at this point?

Nobody is suggesting their defense is anything but historically awful. But as you know, our D doesn't play their D, so that's not an issue. You said, "that's what our D is supposed to do against 2 bottom dwellers." I pointed out that offensively, they were anything but bottom dwellers until they played us. This whole thread is about OUR apparent regression on defense....this isn't about other team's defense, and clearly, that wasn't my point to begin with.

I guess i should have been more clear/specific when applying the term bottom dwellers as i meant it towards the overall success, structure and future outlook of the previous 2 opponents.

Jets=bottom dwellers
Bills=1 legged man in a footrace (at least against us)
I guess i should have been more clear/specific when applying the term bottom dwellers as i meant it towards the overall success, structure and future outlook of the previous 2 opponents.

Jets=bottom dwellers

The Jets were 2-1 when they face the 49ers. They were nowhere near the top 10 ranking, but they weren't in the bottom 10. The Jets have a lot of problems, but the bottom dweller perception has been generated largely by the manner that the 49ers demolished them.
Originally posted by fastforward:

Jets=bottom dwellers

The Jets were 2-1 when they face the 49ers. They were nowhere near the top 10 ranking, but they weren't in the bottom 10. The Jets have a lot of problems, but the bottom dweller perception has been generated largely by the manner that the 49ers demolished them.

Yeah, remember the Jets put up a 40 something burger week 1.
Defense has dominated past 2 weeks. I dont care if there were injuries, everyone has them, no excuse, we dominated both teams. And both teams have play makers, but they couldn't do s**t against us. Defense hasn't regressed, we are more complete after 2011. Secondary has improved. I have no more feelings of illness in my stomach when I see Cully, Rogers and Brown on a deep pass,all have made plenty of plays, and big ones this season. Our front 7 is still dominate, not getting a ton of sacks, but still pressuring the QB, and dominating Offensive lines.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by fastforward:

Jets=bottom dwellers

Yeah, remember the Jets put up a 40 something burger week 1.

40 burger against the bills. The jets are pretty much smoke n mirrors at this point.
Even before the holmes inj, he and sanchez were inconsistent at best and that combo was pretty much the highlight of their O.

Was there any real expectation of a successful running game from any corner of the football world in regards to the jets running game against this D?

Edit....i think the jets got defensive and ST scores so the the O probably only got a 99 cent special or something
[ Edited by Allx9er on Oct 8, 2012 at 3:00 PM ]
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

And we haven't even played the NFC West yet. Which is known for defense far more than offense.
13.6 pts/game Best in the NFL

Houston 14
Seattle 14
Bears 14.2
Arizona 15.6

There are some good defenses this year.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
13.6 pts/game Best in the NFL

Houston 14
Seattle 14
Bears 14.2
Arizona 15.6

There are some good defenses this year.

We need to get the Rams up in there to complete the NFC West sweep.
Originally posted by NCommand:
We need to get the Rams up in there to complete the NFC West sweep.

Welcome to the NFC West. Where we beat you up for 60 minutes straight.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Method:
This year opposing teams are 5-5 in the red zone. Last year the 5th red zone td against us came in work 6. Regressed. (Per mike Sando).

And yet people would still like to talk about Alex smith.

the vikings game really f**ked us on those numbers.

They scored in every redzone appearance, 3 trips - 3 TDs
Lol
I hope we keep regressing
Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:
Lol

This thread was ridiculous from the start. A knee jerk reaction after the Minnesota loss which was our D's only off game.
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:
Lol

This thread was ridiculous from the start. A knee jerk reaction after the Minnesota loss which was our D's only off game.

'i would say this thread has some merit.