There are 56 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

defense has regressed

This year opposing teams are 5-5 in the red zone. Last year the 5th red zone td against us came in work 6. Regressed. (Per mike Sando).

And yet people would still like to talk about Alex smith.
[ Edited by Method on Sep 28, 2012 at 7:19 AM ]
And yet the team is 2-1 with wins against GB in GB and against the Lions.
Originally posted by kingairta:
And yet the team is 2-1 with wins against GB in GB and against the Lions.
Ok. It's not an issue. Brush it off. Our defense is sooooo good in the redzone, this stat is lying to us
[ Edited by Method on Sep 28, 2012 at 7:26 AM ]
I'm not so sure, we held the Packers offense to 15 point at home in their opener (they dropped 40 against the Saints the year before), and put a total beatdown on Stafford and the Lions. This last week I believe was a fluke loss and by no means indicative of how good this defense is, and the Vikings just played their best game possible and had everything seemingly go their way. Last year we gave up huge yardage early in the season to the Cowboys and the Eagles, neither of whom made the playoffs, Vick actually threw for his career best in that game, and the defense tightened up after that. If anything the defense regressed in last week's loss.

As for the red zone thing, the Packers had a very questionable PI call which put them at the 1, and Stafford's TD had another bad call that kept the drive alive. If the defense continues to give up red zone TDs then I'll be worried, until then it's only 3 games. I think it's pretty damn good teams have only been in the red zone 5 times in 3 games against us.
[ Edited by KowboyKiller on Sep 28, 2012 at 7:29 AM ]
Originally posted by Method:
Ok. It's not an issue. Brush it off. Our defense is sooooo good in the redzone, this stat is lying to us

pretty much.. its way too early to say our defense is regressing when its only been 3 games.
I just wish we actually HAD some rotation in our Outside linebacking core
Originally posted by denali22:

pretty much.. its way too early to say our defense is regressing when its only been 3 games.
I think redzone d was the BIggest reason our defense was so great last year. If you guys seriously think it's not a big issue, then that's fine... I disagree.
[ Edited by Method on Sep 28, 2012 at 7:31 AM ]
I noticed that so far. Last year teams can move the ball on us between the 20's but when they get inside the redzone, the defense clamped down most of the time. But it's pretty early for this year. With 2 of the best offenses in the NFL playing against the D, I think they did pretty good. They didn't do as good against the Vikings, but not a concern at this point.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 28, 2012 at 7:32 AM ]
It's too early man. It's 3 games. Ponder was making miracle throws. That won't happen every game. Statistics will mean something after 6 - 8 games. 3 games in tells you nothing. It's too small of a sample size.
Originally posted by denali22:

I think redzone d was the BIggest reason our defense was so great last year. If you guys seriously think it's not a big issue, then that's fine... I disagree.

like i said, its only been 3 games. wait for our opponents offenses to balance out then look it over.. so far we played GB, DET and an under rated vikings offense. When we start playing SEA, AZ and STL we can start looking back.
I agree with y'all that it's only game 3. Just keep this in mind for the jets game
  • fryet
  • Veteran
I think our red zone d was looking better until the Vikings game.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
I just wish we actually HAD some rotation in our Outside linebacking core

Agreed. This is the biggest problem with our defense. The P. Haralson injury could prove to be one of the biggest losses of the season. You could tell that the Vikings were going after Aldon. Without Haralson rotating in, Aldon Smith is just an average every down player.... not the dominant pass rushing force that he was last year.
[ Edited by blm7754 on Sep 28, 2012 at 7:54 AM ]
It's only been 3 games. Calm down.
This year opposing teams are 5-5 in the red zone. Last year the 5th red zone td against us came in work 6. Regressed. (Per mike Sando).

And yet people would still like to talk about Alex smith.

Yes because asking a QB to carry a team ludicrous.