There are 157 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Florio on PFT (Moss)...

he's fine.
If anything he's tired of the media fire starters.

Did they want him to be all smiles and laughing after that loss?
damned if he does damned if he doesnt.
[ Edited by 99problems on Sep 24, 2012 at 12:17 PM ]
Originally posted by cwilson830:
So basically, you're saying the news article doesn't contain any news.

Pretty much! Much like this thread.
Wow... I like Florio's site but he is reaching. Just trying to make up that story to get hits. Moss' situation is different now. He has no leverage. What is he going to do? Leave the team and the money on the table? He isn't a "game changing play maker" anymore. WTF does he expect? He still gets open but he won't be making spectaculor grabs and going deep getting jump balls anymore.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Moss can't seperate anymore. He slow out of breaks and goes down on his own when he goes across the middle. I'd rather have Jenkins get his touches and just use Moss as a 4th reciever. He is not starting material anymore, no matter what the reports were coming out of training camp.

Going down on your own is not bad, why risk an injury or turnover when the play is basically over? As for him getting separation, how can you say that? There has been no attempt to go deep and he has been open on most, if not all, of his targets.
This place is unreal...
stop whining
I think this is a bit overblown, we didn't have many drives in the second half, we were mostly on defense, being overpowered and outmatched.
hes a rotation wr on this team and florio is acting like its 2007 or something, hes just digging for a story
If there isn't a controversy they make one up or try to start one.
umm...when did our offense revolve around Randy Moss? This Florio douche seems to think Randy Moss will make or break our season. Even if he is unhappy, so what. I want to see Manningham start anyways. Randy Moss is a decoy and im sure harbaugh explained to him how he would be used. And im sure if Randy pulled any of his previous BS, he would be out. We are deep at WR and would rather see our young guys compete then an old WR who is a crybaby, which i doubt Randy Moss is being.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
x1,000,000
  • Chief
  • Veteran
If you hate it don't add the LINK!

Seriously, erase the link, you are only doing him favors by gaining him more hits.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

While there is no controversy right now, Moss has a pretty high profile history of not being the greatest teammate and giving up on teams, so its not out of bounds for the media to speculate when the blowup will happen when he is at his lowest production in his career.
Randy Moss
‏@RandyMoss Children's hospital in Youngstown was the bomb!!our owner luvs helping others especially the kids boom!!!!glad to be a part of it

Randy Moss
‏@RandyMoss The York family is the bomb an will have a special place in my heart.now tht family inspires me to wanna do more then I already do!!#respect

Yup. Sounds like a guy who is about to check out.

SMH
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Sep 24, 2012 at 3:17 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erLegacy:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Moss can't seperate anymore. He slow out of breaks and goes down on his own when he goes across the middle. I'd rather have Jenkins get his touches and just use Moss as a 4th reciever. He is not starting material anymore, no matter what the reports were coming out of training camp.

Going down on your own is not bad, why risk an injury or turnover when the play is basically over? As for him getting separation, how can you say that? There has been no attempt to go deep and he has been open on most, if not all, of his targets.

I think the reality is somewhere in between. I think Moss was way oversold by all the camp reports. He's clearly not the player he once was, not that we should have expected that. As for going down untouched, he does that and it begs the question why would you want a receiver clearly past his prime and possibly of less value (other than as a decoy?) than younger guys willing to lay out for passes and fight for extra yards? In additon to the dives, he's short-armed or dropped a number of catchable balls as well. So far, I've seen none of what all the camp raves were about, including the speed he supposedly still possesses. In defense of him however, he has gotten open a number of times and Alex has either missed it or made bad passes. If Harbaugh didn't make it clear to him, from the getgo, that he would be used sparingly, I'm afraid the old Randy may soon rear his ugly head.