LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

Week 3: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
After rewatching the game we need pass rush real bad most defenses send in fresh pass rushers almost every down giants texans seahawks either we need to trust our back-ups or draft or sign someone we can come in to play other that justin aldon rmac n brooks
Originally posted by 49ers4life242:
After rewatching the game we need pass rush real bad most defenses send in fresh pass rushers almost every down giants texans seahawks either we need to trust our back-ups or draft or sign someone we can come in to play other that justin aldon rmac n brooks

no team rotates a fresh pass rusher in every down unless they have to
Originally posted by 49ers4life242:

+1. Those guys are asked to do everything the entire game. They need some help.
[ Edited by SFrush on Sep 24, 2012 at 10:20 PM ]
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
I saw one very distinct similarity between two 49er players on Sunday. Both seemed sluggish and unmotivated on quite a few plays. In coach-speak, they were "halfa$$ing it" way to much. Those players? Randy Moss and Aldon Smith. Moss is well, Moss. Used to it when he isn't getting touches. Aldon? Well, maybe he should skip the up-all-night partying this coming off season and be in a little better shape for next. Of you want to be a starter Aldon, you need to pay the price. Maybe then you will be able to run down that slow quarterback who is rolling out away from you and you won't let up like you did Sunday.

It really seemed that the offensive imagination was gone for this game and the game plan was way oversimplified to the point where it was easy for Minnesota to defend. Defensively they seem overaggressive half the time and sluggish the other half.

My lone describer for the Vikes game if I had to pick one was FLAT. Hopefully this needless loss makes them a little angry.

Ponder is pretty quick. He ran through our whole defense for a touchdown on one play. Ran away from our free safety to throw a touchdown on another play.
My thoughts after not rewatching the game -- but watching last night's Monday Night Fiesta -- has me firmly convinced that the replacement refs jobbed us out of a win in Minnesota.

They are responsible for Alex Smith's interception AND fumble and the general overall poor play of our defense.

Yep, I'm convinced.
This 4th quarter is brutal to watch...

back to back Iupati suckage...
Goodwin and Staley suckage on a middle screen to RB
8 in the box and we RUN the ball
missed 2nd level blocks
communication fail between Alex and Rio
the Dome is loud and crazed as the Vikes strut around like this is the SB

just not our f**king day........
All in all, the whole team just sucked in Sunday's game. They just didn't get up for this game. Sleep walking, no sense of urgency, no offense and defense adjustments all game, plus taking the Vikings too lightly.

Just like Oldman9er said, Just not our M*thaF*cking Day!
[ Edited by Bleed49ers4Life on Sep 25, 2012 at 8:05 AM ]
As I've said in other threads I think we have a real issue on offense that the league is aware of. We can't stretch the field which allows defenses to compress into 20yds from the LOS. We don't call deep passes often which is a coaching issue. But I think there is a reason why they don't. We can't consistently pass protect long enough for anyone to get open deep. Alex is risk averse and will check down unless the receiver is wide open(see all one on one's with Randy Moss in first two games). Also Alex isn't consistantly accurate on deep ball. We also don't have proven deep threats except Vernon. Moss is potentially one and so is Manningham but we don't use them that way. Unless we can provide a real deep threat defenses have to respond to our offense is going to struggle all year.
Originally posted by barrymartin:
As I've said in other threads I think we have a real issue on offense that the league is aware of. We can't stretch the field which allows defenses to compress into 20yds from the LOS. We don't call deep passes often which is a coaching issue. But I think there is a reason why they don't. We can't consistently pass protect long enough for anyone to get open deep. Alex is risk averse and will check down unless the receiver is wide open(see all one on one's with Randy Moss in first two games). Also Alex isn't consistantly accurate on deep ball. We also don't have proven deep threats except Vernon. Moss is potentially one and so is Manningham but we don't use them that way. Unless we can provide a real deep threat defenses have to respond to our offense is going to struggle all year.

I do agree with a lot of what you are saying. I am also hoping we get some deep passes out. PFF has the NYJ as one of the weaker pass rush ratings ( right above US at 27th ), but those NYJ are one of the better teams in run stuff*ge (7th best)... so maybe we can trust our OL to give Alex some time, and he can finally get some of those deep throws out w/ a quick play-action threat..
Originally posted by oldman9er:
I do agree with a lot of what you are saying. I am also hoping we get some deep passes out. PFF has the NYJ as one of the weaker pass rush ratings ( right above US at 27th ), but those NYJ are one of the better teams in run stuff*ge (7th best)... so maybe we can trust our OL to give Alex some time, and he can finally get some of those deep throws out w/ a quick play-action threat..

That's surprising so far...they were always good at manufacturing a pass rush from multiple sets, looks, etc.

Alex doesnt trust him self let alone trust his recivers to go deep , have you notice he only throws deep to VD only never seen him throw deep to any of our WR , even Moss we should take advantage when he is one on one , i scream @ the TV throw it to him not first down Craptree . Try more than 12 yards please !
Originally posted by barrymartin:

Good points. The Packers and Lions gave our passing game some respect but Vickings called our bluff and we didn't make them pay. I expect teams to stack the box and blitz more until we can prove we can pass for more than 10 yds.
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for NinerG94.
Originally posted by Loco49er:
Good points. The Packers and Lions gave our passing game some respect but Vickings called our bluff and we didn't make them pay. I expect teams to stack the box and blitz more until we can prove we can pass for more than 10 yds.

Yeah the Vikings stacked the box and blitzed because they had the crowd and momentum behind them. They were in the confines of their home dome field advantage the whole game and they knew it. Another pretender team outside of the dome. I'd give anything to see a rematch of that game outside at the stick. Damned Vikings!
Originally posted by NCommand:

That's surprising so far...they were always good at manufacturing a pass rush from multiple sets, looks, etc.

and you know what's funny about that oldman, is that our previous 2 seasons we had that money play where in the double TE Singleback formation I believe, and so VD runs a streak while Delanie attracts safety help so VD has single coverage

It was a golden play and I haven't seen it..
[ Edited by rEspEctdA49ers on Sep 25, 2012 at 10:10 AM ]
Marvin...excellent analysis. My son and I were amazed how the Vikes dictated the game...gotta hand it to them, they played very good ball throughout. It just shows that you have to be "up" for every opponent. I expect Harbaugh will have some pretty intense practices this week...and Fangio will reenergize his troops, big-time. FWIW, it's arguably better to lose a game like this early in the season as opposed to later. Good wake-up call, and I trust Coach will have his guys playing to win in NY.
Share 49ersWebzone