There are 63 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Finally Time to Blame HARBAUGH !

I'm more worried about all these stupid "bullying" allegations, and that Harbaugh coaxed the refs into giving us an extra challenge (cause SS Nazi Gen. Goodell has forbidden the use of bullying for 'leverage' with the incompetent garbage refs).
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Sep 23, 2012 at 3:50 PM ]
Originally posted by Baldie:
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Fire Harbaugh. (Joking)

Everybody has a bad game. I'm a little concerned about some of the calls Roman made, though. Fangio sucked today, too.

The vikes beat us at our own game plan.....run out the clock so the other team doesn't get a chance and play D. When teams do that against us, we'll be in alot of trouble.

Agreed, and this is why the team needs to adjust accordingly to different styles of play. Against a team like GB, where you know Rodgers is dangerous and can score at will, it makes sense to hold the ball and play methodically. Suffocate the opponent into submission by virtue of bleeding the clock.

But against a team like Minnesota, you cant always rely on a slow methodical kill, especially when said team is playing the same game. Today the Vikings used our gameplan against us. They bled the clock out, and forced the team to "open" up offensively, something we're not accustomed to. All of a sudden, it looked like our offense was a chicken with its head cut off -- no deep passes, dinks and dunks and runs with clock running out.

Poor coaching all around, IMO.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,119
up untill today the giants playoff game was the worst one they have coached but this one takes the cake. i hope they learn from it cuz when you lose and do not learn its a double negative. i think it is ok to get on the coaches and not have to be worried about being called a non fan
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I'm more worried about all these stupid "bullying" allegations, and that Harbaugh coaxed the refs into giving us an extra challenge (cause SS Nazi Gen. Goodell has forbidden the use of bullying for 'leverage' with the incompetent garbage refs).

Wait, is this a real thing? Did Goodell actually make that a rule?

The guy really is trash.
Good thing this was only the 2nd game of the season because according to you our real season wouldn't start until week 2 because we didn't stand a chance against GB.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Good thing this was only the 2nd game of the season because according to you our real season wouldn't start until week 2 because we didn't stand a chance against GB.

actually its our 3rd game, but thanks for playing.
Originally posted by mella8:
I was very disappointed in Harbaugh today. I think he actually bought into this team's current success primarily by playing conservative, and that plain sucks. One of the reasons why Harbaugh is credited with the turnaround last year is bc of his ability to improvise and take chances. It was this fiery unpredictable personality that made a cellar dwellar into a contender.

Today, on 2 drives where he shouldve and couldve gone for it on 4th and 1 (both drives we were moving the chains easily), he opted to kick (1 was blocked). On several drives, he decided NOT to take advantage of a weak Vikings secondary deep. On several passing plays, we could easily see the defense giving Moss a 15 yard cushion --- only to have either Moss not get a throw OR have him on the sidelines the very next play.



And it kinda makes sense. Last week, we marched down the field in 4 plays (opening drive) and scored on Detroit. After that, we went into conservaball mode, killing the clock and letting Det hang around. I think Harbaugh has detracted from his style of coaching and has bought into the conservaball approach this team has been relying on these past few weeks. It's the same approach that Singletary used, except he was adamant on pounding the ball, whereas Harbaugh has allowed Smith to make low risk passes.

I hope he gets back to what made this team successful to begin with.

Think your Packers are going to beat the Seahawks monday?

Yeah, GTFO.
I was most upset with the gameplan from Fangio. It wasn't aggressive at all against Ponder who just wanted to dink and dunk.
Originally posted by BayArea:
Think your Packers are going to beat the Seahawks monday?

Yeah, GTFO.

This!
Originally posted by BayArea:
Think your Packers are going to beat the Seahawks monday?

Yeah, GTFO.
lol
Originally posted by BayArea:
Originally posted by mella8:
I was very disappointed in Harbaugh today. I think he actually bought into this team's current success primarily by playing conservative, and that plain sucks. One of the reasons why Harbaugh is credited with the turnaround last year is bc of his ability to improvise and take chances. It was this fiery unpredictable personality that made a cellar dwellar into a contender.

Today, on 2 drives where he shouldve and couldve gone for it on 4th and 1 (both drives we were moving the chains easily), he opted to kick (1 was blocked). On several drives, he decided NOT to take advantage of a weak Vikings secondary deep. On several passing plays, we could easily see the defense giving Moss a 15 yard cushion --- only to have either Moss not get a throw OR have him on the sidelines the very next play.



And it kinda makes sense. Last week, we marched down the field in 4 plays (opening drive) and scored on Detroit. After that, we went into conservaball mode, killing the clock and letting Det hang around. I think Harbaugh has detracted from his style of coaching and has bought into the conservaball approach this team has been relying on these past few weeks. It's the same approach that Singletary used, except he was adamant on pounding the ball, whereas Harbaugh has allowed Smith to make low risk passes.

I hope he gets back to what made this team successful to begin with.

Think your Packers are going to beat the Seahawks monday?

Yeah, GTFO.

Internet tough guys. Big talk when you're hiding behind a computer screen. Usually with small pricks in real life, though.
Originally posted by SFrush:
I was most upset with the gameplan from Fangio. It wasn't aggressive at all against Ponder who just wanted to dink and dunk.

And Ponder clearly couldn't do anything when pressured heavy with the blitz and we saw that in the end. Too little too late. I just didn't like the gameplan at all. I thought we should've tried instantly for a killer strike after each of the big returns.
i knew this conservative sh*t was going to catch up to us. i seen this coming even in our 2 wins. We MUST open up the offense.
Well, you grow through failure.

If big changes are indeed necessary, better now than later
Was watching the highlights from the Texans - Broncos game. Texans playing a similar style game like us. Pound hard, then set up for PA pass. I know its not necessarily a WCO type style, but when you have a punishing run game and the defense bites, you gotta air it out. Schaub did a great job of letting hs receivers make plays. Harbaugh has got to implement this in our gameplan; and then talk to Alex about taking some shots deep.