There are 161 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NFC West....Should we be worried?

Hate to say it...but last year could have been our best shot to win the SB. We had all the momentum and got the calls, but just didn't get it done in the Championship game. This season, it seems there are more teams we need to watch out for with one of them possibly in our division.
Still not worried, lol

Plenty of season left, and we haven't even played any of our division rivals yet. Let's see where we stand a little later in the year before we start talking about our impending doom.
Its a long season. Not worried besides we all play each other twice so anything can happen
Originally posted by Baldie:
Hate to say it...but last year could have been our best shot to win the SB. We had all the momentum and got the calls, but just didn't get it done in the Championship game. This season, it seems there are more teams we need to watch out for with one of them possibly in our division.

Not concerned last season after week 3 we had the same record. Things are still sorting themselves out across the league. Any conclusion you can make this early will likely not matter at the end of the season.

2011 superbowl champs NY Giants were 2-1 after week 3
2010 superbowl champs GB Packers were 2-1 after week 3

Just saying a little early.
Originally posted by Baldie:
Hate to say it...but last year could have been our best shot to win the SB. We had all the momentum and got the calls, but just didn't get it done in the Championship game. This season, it seems there are more teams we need to watch out for with one of them possibly in our division.

There's good teams EVERY YEAR. In order to be the best you are going to have to go through a gauntlet.
  • Apone
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,739
I don't understand why people are hitting the panic button. We weren't going to go 16-0 and we're still the team to beat in the West. I'd rather we get a wake up call early in the season then late. Dropping sure INT's, miss tackles, missed plays, bad on special team, and etc. Just wasn't our day; simple as that. This team will be fine. I had a feeling we would either lose to the Jets or the Vikings. It was the Vikings. Jets are going to get derailed, there is going to fire under this teams ass.
[ Edited by Apone on Sep 23, 2012 at 5:56 PM ]
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by Baldie:
Hate to say it...but last year could have been our best shot to win the SB. We had all the momentum and got the calls, but just didn't get it done in the Championship game. This season, it seems there are more teams we need to watch out for with one of them possibly in our division.

There's good teams EVERY YEAR. In order to be the best you are going to have to go through a gauntlet.

Exactly, they overcome; winning the NFC West won't be a joke this year, and whomever conquers the West (along with the entire supremely-dominant NFC) will be a worthy contender in the Superbowl to crush the AFC representative.

We're off to a legendary run.
Do we panic if we lose to the Jets next week and both Sea and AZ both get wins this weekend and next weekend? We get Buf and Giants at home which are gauranteed wins either.

I would be concerned.
The cards are at the top of the division so 'd be flat out lying if I said I wasn't worried even a little. The Cards are a tough physical team, so are the Seahawks. And now Jeff Fisher is the coach of the Rams they will start to become physical too....this is not good for the 49ers because the teams that have given us loses (under Harbaugh) are teams with physical defense, Ravens, Cards, Giants, Cowboys.

I'm worried about our O-Line in pass protection vs. the NFC West defenses........
Originally posted by Baldie:
Do we panic if we lose to the Jets next week and both Sea and AZ both get wins this weekend and next weekend? We get Buf and Giants at home which are gauranteed wins either.

I would be concerned.

The 49ers and Cards are probably gonna be one-up on eachother until we face-off on MNF, then our schedule gets a little more relaxed, and we start pulling ahead with the lead.
this season is already over

Cardinals won the division
Originally posted by verb1der:
The cards are at the top of the division so 'd be flat out lying if I said I wasn't worried even a little. The Cards are a tough physical team, so are the Seahawks. And now Jeff Fisher is the coach of the Rams they will start to become physical too....this is not good for the 49ers because the teams that have given us loses (under Harbaugh) are teams with physical defense, Ravens, Cards, Giants, Cowboys.


Totally agree. And other thing those teams have in common.....they have passing attacks with a legit run game. Something we could not counter attack today.
I think we play better when we are the underdog.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by Baldie:
Do we panic if we lose to the Jets next week and both Sea and AZ both get wins this weekend and next weekend? We get Buf and Giants at home which are gauranteed wins either.

I would be concerned.

The 49ers and Cards are probably gonna be one-up on eachother until we face-off on MNF, then our schedule gets a little more relaxed, and we start pulling ahead with the lead.

After today's game, I don't take any opponent for granted. This should be a real wake-up call to this team - and that includes the coaches. They have to bring their best every week. Every week you play "Green Bay" or "New England" - you have to prepare your team like they are playing the best the league has to offer. You can't come out flat. You can't come out mailing it in or you will lose.

I really hope they learned this. This game will come back to haunt.