There are 85 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NFC West....Should we be worried?

Originally posted by TinyHandsBigHeart:
Honestly, I wish I wasn't, but I guess I'm not ready to just write off the other teams in our division. The teams in this division all have legitimate reasons to believe that they're the best team in the West (well, maybe not the Seahawks lol, but they're not bad either.) And our main reason that we believe we'll win it is based mostly on the fact that we did last year and not really on how we've played this year. Right now, the only teams beating NFC West teams are other NFC West teams and we haven't played any NFC West teams. Until we do, I wouldn't assume that we're going to win the division. We could easily go 3-3 or even 2-4 in this division.

And nobody should be shocked if the Rams end up winning the division. They're really good.

Also, to the people criticizing the Cards defense, keep in mind that they're missing Darnell Dockett right now. He's arguably their best defensive player and I think it has hurt them tremendously these last few games.

I don't think anyone is justifying it based solely on last year. Our team absolutely WORKED Green Bay (on the road), Detroit, and NY. Those teams looked like they didnt even belong on the same field. Minnesota beat us at our own game, so who knows if that will rear its head, but despite how bad the game went, we had a chance to pull it out. I think most people would agree our 4 games are stronger than any of the other divisional opponents.
How is it trolling to not assume we're going to win this division easily? You can say all of the other teams have just been lucky or benefited from flukes, and in some cases they have, but I believe these teams are pretty good and they've shown that.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
I don't think anyone is justifying it based solely on last year. Our team absolutely WORKED Green Bay (on the road), Detroit, and NY. Those teams looked like they didnt even belong on the same field. Minnesota beat us at our own game, so who knows if that will rear its head, but despite how bad the game went, we had a chance to pull it out. I think most people would agree our 4 games are stronger than any of the other divisional opponents.

I'd say, based on what the opposing teams have done this year, the Cardinals' wins over NE and Phi are stronger than our wins over Detroit and GB.
How is it trolling to not assume we're going to win this division easily? You can say all of the other teams have just been lucky or benefited from flukes, and in some cases they have, but I believe these teams are pretty good and they've shown that.

I don't think you are trolling by any means. I just believe that if our team continues playing the way it has, they SHOULD beat the rest of those teams more often than they beat us. I dont think we will win all 6 inner-division games like we have in the past, but our record will likely be the best.
I'd say, based on what the opposing teams have done this year, the Cardinals' wins over NE and Phi are stronger than our wins over Detroit and GB.

If it doesnt come out in the wash, it will come out in the rinse. The only way to tell is at the end of the season, but at this point, I don't agree. As far as which were bigger wins, that is completely subjective, so agree to disagree.
The Rams and Seahawks defensive lines are scary.
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
The Rams and Seahawks defensive lines are scary.

lulz

packers and tards o line suck ass
Our guys better not sleep on them, but they should be able to beat these teams.
we're gonna sweep the division
Originally posted by ads_2006:
lulz

packers and tards o line suck ass
Indeed. But Chris Long and Robert Quinn are no joke.

Big difference is we'll have a good running game unlike the Cards to slow down the Rams pass rush.
All the teams in our division have good to great defenses; it's the offenses that separate the top from the bottom. We're just more experienced (offensively) as a unit --- and therefore we have a distinct advantage on winning the West. If Flynn and Kolb had panned out on their respective teams, then Id be scared. Seattle is a tough venue to play in, and so is Arizona. The lack of adequate quarterbacking will be the downfall of each of those teams --- ironic considering we have Alex Smith.
New guy here, been a 49er fan since the Mooch years. I wouldn't say we should be worried but we better bring it against our division rivals. All of us have quality defenses but we have the best all around team. Whiz and Fish are good coaches as well. Fortunately none of our division rivals have quality offenses At this point I'd say the Cardinals are still the toughest opponent in our division even though they lost tonight. I like Ray Hortons 1 gap and overload blitzes. Peterson is a good enough corner to keep a good wideout in check for the most part. Peterson is a dangerous returner. They have a solid kicking game even though Feely missed one tonight. On the bright side they can't run the ball and Kolb isn't very accurate. Kolb usually gets it to his wideouts but he tends to throw it behind his receivers and doesn't lead them enough. His line is a mess but to Kolbs credit he has been clutch in a couple games and brought his team back to win this year.
Originally posted by WhoGotItBetterThenUs:
New guy here, been a 49er fan since the Mooch years. I wouldn't say we should be worried but we better bring it against our division rivals. All of us have quality defenses but we have the best all around team. Whiz and Fish are good coaches as well. Fortunately none of our division rivals have quality offenses At this point I'd say the Cardinals are still the toughest opponent in our division even though they lost tonight. I like Ray Hortons 1 gap and overload blitzes. Peterson is a good enough corner to keep a good wideout in check for the most part. Peterson is a dangerous returner. They have a solid kicking game even though Feely missed one tonight. On the bright side they can't run the ball and Kolb isn't very accurate. Kolb usually gets it to his wideouts but he tends to throw it behind his receivers and doesn't lead them enough. His line is a mess but to Kolbs credit he has been clutch in a couple games and brought his team back to win this year.

Welcome. Can't imagine where you got the username from.
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Buffalo Bills through 5 weeks last year: 4-1, finished 6-10
SD Chargers through 5 weeks last year 4-1, finished 8-8
Washington Redskins through 5 weeks last year 3-1 (because they had a bye), finished 5-11
Oakland Raiders through 6 weeks last year 4-2, finished 8-8
Cleveland Browns through first 3 weeks last year 2-1, finished 4-12

All these teams started hot and finished shi**y last year. This stuff happens every year and I guarantee you the Cardinals and Seahawks will fall off. They will have a mid-season meltdown. People are overreacting way too much about these teams. The seahawks are starting a rookie QB and defenses will catch up to him and the Cardinals have well...Kevin Kolb. Calm down people

I knew the Cards were a fluke and they will continue to lose. Kolb is just a bad QB and I saw through their victories week 2. They got hot but are unable to sustain. They will be 4-4 before you know it. Remember a week ago how everyone was high on the Seahawks too? Well the Rams beat them and the Cards back to back to prove they are the better team in the NFC West. This is how it should be, the Rams and 49ers fight for the division. This is how god intended it
[ Edited by ApatheticIAm on Oct 5, 2012 at 12:49 AM ]
After watching the cards-rams game in all of its gruesome ugliness, I am less concerned than I was. We have the best offense and defense in the west easily.