There are 203 users in the forums

NFC West....Should we be worried?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think the 49ers defense can rattle Kolb. Kolb's playing way better than expectations, but Kolb can still be the same old Kolb. Like throwing a pick inside the redzone... hell, inside the 2 yard line. Arizona's Defense is for real, but I think we can win that battle because they are way aggressive. I still think we'll be the favorites in our game. We'll see though.

On to take on the Bills! And our boys will be home for three weeks!
It took overtime at home to beat the Dolphins with a rookie qb who threw for 400 yards on your D.

Not impressed with Az at all.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I'm starting to get really concerned about the Cardinals. That defense is for real. But their schedule is tougher down the stretch.

Oh that defense that made Tannehill look like a pro bowler and made an average WR in Hartline look like Jerry Rice. Yes you are right. That defense is for real...

They were very real in a lot of their games. You can't look at 1 game. Look at us in Minnesota. Are we just 1 game? Or more than that?

Our body of work runs over more than just 1 game. It's been over a year.
The Niners are definitely the best team in the division, but I'd be very surprised if we went 6-0 against our division this year. The Seahawks and Cardinals have some swagger this year and will be dangerous, even St Louis has the potential to surprise if they stay healthy (just ask the Seahawks).
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
I bet by the end of the season the NFC West will go like this:

San Francisco
St. Louis
Arizona
Seattle

I don't think St Louis is a bad team and they will be the ones pressuring us eventually. They have a good coach and better QB than the Cards and Seattle. Book it!

I'm going to keep quoting this because i'm not really a predictions guy, but I have a strong feeling this is how it will turn out. St Louis exposed Russell Wilson (3 picks) like I said would happen and Arizona is skating by for now. Everybody talks about how good Kolb was at the end of that Miami game, but the dude almost lost it for them several times. The one play that stands out was the pick in the end zone. The guy is a terrible QB and that defense is masking it (don't twist this into an Alex comment haters). But Kolb really is not that good and him and the Cardinals will have a collapse soon.
I bet by the end of the season the NFC West will go like this:

San Francisco
St. Louis
Arizona
Seattle

I don't think St Louis is a bad team and they will be the ones pressuring us eventually. They have a good coach and better QB than the Cards and Seattle. Book it!

I'm going to keep quoting this because i'm not really a predictions guy, but I have a strong feeling this is how it will turn out. St Louis exposed Russell Wilson (3 picks) like I said would happen and Arizona is skating by for now. Everybody talks about how good Kolb was at the end of that Miami game, but the dude almost lost it for them several times. The one play that stands out was the pick in the end zone. The guy is a terrible QB and that defense is masking it (don't twist this into an Alex comment haters). But Kolb really is not that good and him and the Cardinals will have a collapse soon.

Not to mention their first half schedule. It's much more of a cakewalk than their second half. 4-0 is a great start for them, but like most here, I'm still a skeptic. If they can keep winning, I might change my mind.
Just read this stat: six fumbles in the MIA-ARZ game. ARZ recovered all six. The Cardinals live on the edge in so many ways that the law of averages suggest they will turn that corner and have some luck go against them eventually.
Originally posted by captveg:
Just read this stat: six fumbles in the MIA-ARZ game. ARZ recovered all six. The Cardinals live on the edge in so many ways that the law of averages suggest they will turn that corner and have some luck go against them eventually.

that was us last year and we rode it all year till the NFCCG... i think we can beat them and break their spirits tho, im not worried about the cardinals
cards are going 7-0 until they face us on monday night football!!!
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

that was us last year and we rode it all year till the NFCCG... i think we can beat them and break their spirits tho, im not worried about the cardinals

Regardless if they are 7-0 or not, its going to be a tough game. Remember we lost there last year. Its also a primetime game so the lights will be shining.

Originally posted by Baldie:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Regardless if they are 7-0 or not, its going to be a tough game. Remember we lost there last year. Its also a primetime game so the lights will be shining.
Kolb and Fitz can suck a dick
Originally posted by jreff22:

This.
In answer to the question, heck yeah I am worried about the west. Rams got hugely better with Jeff fisher, a guy who can really coach. AZ got better, altho besides Whisenhunt, I don't know why. Kolb goes from bench to red hot but I doubt he is the real deal. Rest of the team is pretty good tho. SEA got better with a third rd Qb who beat out their Packer QB backup that they gave up a fortune for...and then they went and beat the Pack...with a bullschidt call, but nonetheless, they were in the position to win. Give 'em a lot of credit for that. So yeah, I am worried about the NFC west which is kicking azz and taking names elsewhere in NFL. Do I think we are better than we are? No. But any given Sunday.... Also, it is tough to win in SEA, and I think it possible we lose one, maybe two games in NFC west. Heck , we lost to Vikes and they played red hot , just for us. They aren't that good against other teams, but they still are good. They got on a hot streak and we were cold. We lost. It happens. So yeah, I am worried about the West.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by jreff22:

This.

That
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Are we allowed to admit that Adrian Wilson is the worst starting safety in the NFL yet? Or do we have to continue under the delusion that this is still 2006?
Share 49ersWebzone