There are 91 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Airing It Out -- Pros/Cons

Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

At some point we have to start attacking, especially against non blitzing teams that can rush 4 and drop back more into coverage.

Imo, I think producing long clock eating, methodical TD drives, are far more important than quick-strike big plays for TDs.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind big plays every so often though!

Yeah seriously.
Originally posted by jesserdumas2:
I firmly believe that if Harbaugh could win every game by 10 points or less he would. That is, unless he's playing Pete Carroll.

To me it seems like he wants just enough cushion to be assured of victory and then he will put the clamps down on the opponent by playing great defense and keep-away with the ball with an almost diabolical line of play calling.

If you're winning with 7's and 8's showing on the table, no need to advertise that ace in the hole.
Its all apart of JH's diabolical mental attack of other teams, leaving them mentally scarred after playing a game that they "could" have won with one more posession when really we were in control the whole time. Allthough a blowout is humiliating to any team, nothing hurts more then teasing the other team with victory then pulling it away once its just within there reach. JH is an evil genius
The niners have never been about airing it out even in the walsh days, so why start now. It was all about YAC.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by jesserdumas2:
I firmly believe that if Harbaugh could win every game by 10 points or less he would. That is, unless he's playing Pete Carroll.

To me it seems like he wants just enough cushion to be assured of victory and then he will put the clamps down on the opponent by playing great defense and keep-away with the ball with an almost diabolical line of play calling.

If you're winning with 7's and 8's showing on the table, no need to advertise that ace in the hole.
Its all apart of JH's diabolical mental attack of other teams, leaving them mentally scarred after playing a game that they "could" have won with one more posession when really we were in control the whole time. Allthough a blowout is humiliating to any team, nothing hurts more then teasing the other team with victory then pulling it away once its just within there reach. JH is an evil genius

I guarantee you there is a whole new element to this offense Harbaugh is keeping hidden that you will only see if god forbid his team falls behind. More of his mastery of the game they think they got him then bam the unexpected out of left field.
SF, where WRs come to retire
We take what we are given. I like the steady drives, wears the opponents D down.
Crabtree is tied at 13 for number of receptions--13. Davis has 8, Manningham 7 and Moss 5. Not bad for having played two of the better teams in the NFL.
Originally posted by English:
We take what we are given. I like the steady drives, wears the opponents D down.

we have the 2nd most yards per drive in teh nfl and the 3rd most points per drive in nfl

you can argue 2 weeks in we have the best offense in nfl
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
makes zero sense to stray away from the game plan. just cuz we upgraded our wide outs did not mean we were going to be air coryell era 1976 cardinals with mel gray and terry metcalf. we have a very good forumula going for us now, no need to tamper with it
We played 2 of the top offenses in the league the last 2 weeks. We did a darn good job of keeping the ball on long, decent, balanced drives. We don't throw like Detroit and GB. It also gave our defense time to recover from running around with those guys. We don't have the same weapons that they have and most of all we do have a running game that they don't .
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 23, 2012 at 7:45 AM ]
Yea I would like to see them push the ball down field more, nut I don't want the run vs. pass ratio change. Take a shot to Moss deep
Originally posted by lordfangio:
We don't need to practice it in games, if Smith shows he can do it in practice vs. OUR defense, then there's no reason to not have confidence that he won't be able to do it when we really need it

You talking about practice, practice?
they need to try some s**t down field if they wanna have a chance in this damn game