There are 345 users in the forums

Who would you trade next years First Round Pick for ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
A franchise QB.

but..but..we have Alix Smyth
I hate anything that has to do with the NY GMen, but if we had a 1st round pick to burn i would give it up for Jason Pierre Paul. Justin Smith will be a beast for a few more years, we will be in need of a younger but Battle Tested player that creates havoc on the DLine.
Originally posted by Bleed49ers4Life:
I hate anything that has to do with the NY GMen, but if we had a 1st round pick to burn i would give it up for Jason Pierre Paul. Justin Smith will be a beast for a few more years, we will be in need of a younger but Battle Tested player that creates havoc on the DLine.

How about we just wait until his (JPP's) contract runs up and he signs with us. By that time he'll want to play for Harbaugh, like every other player in the league.
Tebow
Originally posted by Bleed49ers4Life:

I had a similar thought, but I was thinking Watt would be a good one.
[ Edited by OKC49erFan on Sep 21, 2012 at 8:18 AM ]
In the spirit of the thread, I'd want Leodis Mckelvin. Good return skills and an upgrade at slot coverage. Or as already mentioned a FS. Though I think Eric Berry is worth a lot more than the 32nd pick in next years draft.

That said, I think we'll go the other direction if we do any dealing. Offload some depth to move up to the middle of the round and grab a guy like Eric Reid to replace Goldson after we franchise him again.
Originally posted by 9erguy:
How about we just wait until his (JPP's) contract runs up and he signs with us. By that time he'll want to play for Harbaugh, like every other player in the league.

I hear ya. But Paul's contract doesn't end till 2015, but who know's if we'll even have the cash to compete in a Bidding war. Justin Smith's contract ends in 2014, Bowman's end's 2014, Iupati 2015, Hunter 2015, Alex Smith 2015, Aldon Smith 2015, Crabtree 2015 just to name a few. So yea, i dont think we will have the money in that year.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
I had a similar thought, but I was thinking Watt would be a good one.

Yup! Watt is a good choice too.
Originally posted by Igotta:
In the spirit of the thread, I'd want Leodis Mckelvin. Good return skills and an upgrade at slot coverage. Or as already mentioned a FS. Though I think Eric Berry is worth a lot more than the 32nd pick in next years draft.

That said, I think we'll go the other direction if we do any dealing. Offload some depth to move up to the middle of the round and grab a guy like Eric Reid to replace Goldson after we franchise him again.

McKelvin isnt worth more than a 3rd-4th round pick.
eric mack,center cleveland browns

or even a 4th or a 5th rounder to try and acquire a young, talented "3-4 OLB", a linebacker that can provide some pass rush

that would be a smart move IMO if Baalke coud find a taker , trading away a future mid round pick for some immediate help at OLB right now, that would be a nice score, the trade wouldnt put any of the current starters out, or create a log jam, it would make us deeper and even more powerful on defense

just thinking out loud , I guess since our team is playing like the old days, I am full of nostalgia and kind of expecting a Eddie D type of move, he was one owner that liked to keep the fans happy
[ Edited by NeeJ49er on Sep 21, 2012 at 9:08 AM ]
Originally posted by hofer36:
eric mack,center cleveland browns

Alex Mack. But yeah another good choice. We could really use an upgrade at center and Mack is one of the best.
A franchise QB.

Aaron Rodgers!
It has to be a YAC heavy wide reciever. Percy Harvin would be the best fit. Probably wouldn't even need to give up a 1st rounder for him. We throw a lot of check downs, and when we are successful it is getting our guys into space and letting them earn more yards. We don't need a deep threat. Thats not our style. We don't need a possession guy, and another TE is a meh situation. Give me a versatile slot threat like Harvin, who can come out of the backfield, and do a lot of different thing along with the KR and PR ability and we are scary on offense.
A franchise QB.

Why would we need two? Our line isn't that bad.
Share 49ersWebzone