There are 128 users in the forums

Who would you trade next years First Round Pick for ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This is purely a hypothetical question .....I know we are strong in every area of the team , there are no leaks anywhere on the roster , sure we might need some depth at Tackle and OLB , but I can confidently say we are solid as a rock (insert Ashford & Simpson pun)

but lets say, we want to acquire a player that will give us a MAJOR edge in every game we play the rest of this season , either it be on offense or defense, a player that would cause serious nightmares for Coordinators, a player we can trade for with next years 1st round pick, who would that player be ??

remember , this is a hypothetical question, not a serious question and merely intended to spark some fun discussion , no flamethrowers please
Donald Penn and I would move him to RG.
Mine would be the guy we are playing on Sunday ....Percy Harvin

he could be our KR ....and he would definitely find some work as a slot receiver, and some exotic packages out of the backfield

Harbaugh could really open up the offense with Harvin on the field with Davis Gore, Crabtree and Moss

Just a dream
Aaron Hernandez.

that would be deadly with the "toys"we have now.
A first and second rounder to New Orleans for Jimmy Graham.
Larry Fitzgerald
  • fryet
  • Veteran
None of the above. Draft pick players are cheaper than vets. We can't afford to pay another high profile player. I would rather get one high pick draft player than a vet.
Originally posted by fryet:
None of the above. Draft pick players are cheaper than vets. We can't afford to pay another high profile player. I would rather get one high pick draft player than a vet.

Somebody didn't read the OP.
Well, since it's gonna be the very last pick in the first round, that'll limit our reach...

Bring in someone for depth, like OLB. Or FS since Goldson is a risk to bolt in the offseason. I hate to say anything good about the Seahawks ever (and I know they wouldn't trade him...probably...unless there was a 4'7 QB to be taken in the first round...) but isn't Earl Thomas a beast?
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Mine would be the guy we are playing on Sunday ....Percy Harvin

he could be our KR ....and he would definitely find some work as a slot receiver, and some exotic packages out of the backfield

Harbaugh could really open up the offense with Harvin on the field with Davis Gore, Crabtree and Moss

Just a dream

Good choice he'd also be our #2 WR at worst. The dude's a stud.

Player trades don't happen in the NFL. The high draft picks are like new cars, they lose most of their value after a few games. How many top players are signed with compensation being #1 picks - Zero. Smart teams wait for the feeding frenzy to end, several players cash in and then you can get someone like Dashon Goldson cheap. A GM that knows talent is worth his weight in gold.
Originally posted by ninermedic:
Well, since it's gonna be the very last pick in the first round, that'll limit our reach...

Bring in someone for depth, like OLB. Or FS since Goldson is a risk to bolt in the offseason. I hate to say anything good about the Seahawks ever (and I know they wouldn't trade him...probably...unless there was a 4'7 QB to be taken in the first round...) but isn't Earl Thomas a beast?

Earl Thomas is awesome. A good young safety would be the best way to go if we were trading a first round pick. Eric Berry would be another good choice.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
A franchise QB.
Originally posted by susweel:
A franchise QB.

I have no idea how to answer this question considering It's far too early to know who will be available.
[ Edited by SFrush on Sep 21, 2012 at 8:11 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone