There are 68 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Anthony Davis (Photo on ESPN Power Ranking)

Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by susweel:
he gonna be better than Staley

I wouldn't be shocked to see them flop positions at some point . . . not this year or maybe even next. But sometime in the future.

Isn't Staley naturally a RT and Davis a LT? Or am I just living in an imaginary world?

Staley started his 49er career at RT opposite mister I.R. Jonas Jennings, but I believe he was a LT (converted from TE) in college.
Originally posted by susweel:
he gonna be better than Staley

I wouldn't be shocked to see them flop positions at some point . . . not this year or maybe even next. But sometime in the future.

Isn't Staley naturally a RT and Davis a LT? Or am I just living in an imaginary world?

Staley started his 49er career at RT opposite mister I.R. Jonas Jennings, but I believe he was a LT (converted from TE) in college.

Yeah. They might switch the two in a few years.
Anthony Davis doesn't have the speed to handle Clay Matthews. That's why we have Staley over there. If they race Davis can't even hold his jock strap. Davis is more of a RT mauler. Because he did good in the Packer game or whatever doesn't mean much. He wasn't lined up against Clay Matthews. Big difference. Who you line up against makes a difference. The true elites Staley faces every week. Davis gets the 2nd tier pass rushers. So you guys aren't comparing apples to apples.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Anthony Davis doesn't have the speed to handle Clay Matthews. That's why we have Staley over there. If they race Davis can't even hold his jock strap. Davis is more of a RT mauler. Because he did good in the Packer game or whatever doesn't mean much. He wasn't lined up against Clay Matthews. Big difference. Who you line up against makes a difference. The true elites Staley faces every week. Davis gets the 2nd tier pass rushers. So you guys aren't comparing apples to apples.

They may have rushed Mathews from the other side. I'll check and get back to you. unless anyone can recall?
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
I think we should draft another RT in the first round, move A.Davis to LT, and convert Staley to TE.

Let Walker walk (lulz) and run two TE sets all day with V.Davis and Staley.

Genius.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

They may have rushed Mathews from the other side. I'll check and get back to you. unless anyone can recall?

It doesn't matter. Totally irrelevant. The point is the #1 pass rusher MOST OF THE TIME lines up over the LT. And teams put their most athletic tackle on the left side.
I still haven't seen said picture lol
lazies...

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
lazies...

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
lazies...

lol Rodgers looking at the 49ers with an unmistakable look of fear.

It doesn't matter. Totally irrelevant. The point is the #1 pass rusher MOST OF THE TIME lines up over the LT. And teams put their most athletic tackle on the left side.

The teams with two speed rushers may give the niners some grief but I still believe they will figure out a way to win the day. Smith doesn't seem to mind being sacked!

They were both left tackles in college
  • GORO
  • Veteran

Anthony Davis shut out Matthews in his rookie year. He knew Matthews was going to use his trademark spin move and was ready for him that day. I saw Matthews overpower Staley rather than beat him with a quick first step in game 1.

It matters if you wanted to gauge how AD compares to elite pass rushers, which is what we were discussing. I'm sure AD and Mathews went a few rounds.
First off, Mario Williams used to be elite, havent seen much from him since he got paid. How many on here wanted to sell the house for him? Now he gets to be rich and spend 1/2 a year in Buffalo. Guess he'll earn that money one way or another.

2nd, love that photo, Alex looking like a leader, Aaron looking like a deer in the headlights.

3rd. I loved AD getting drafted, I think he is a great RT, seems to have the power for it and is getting better every game (Where is that "Is Anthony Davis a Bust" thread anyways?)

We have a great ol, and I hope to see them playing together for alot of years, sans Goodwin, he is on a short window. The longer a line stays together, the better they get.

Last, I wonder if AD calls Chilo once in awhile, just to you know.........hey man, what up, look how good I am and we are now that youre gone?