There are 99 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Anthony Davis (Photo on ESPN Power Ranking)

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by susweel:
he gonna be better than Staley

I wouldn't be shocked to see them flop positions at some point . . . not this year or maybe even next. But sometime in the future.

true dat

yah and this is the first year that he had a complete off season.
Davis will be a top 10 tackle in this LG when its all said and done.

He was a 20 YO rookie, and that huge.
JUST WAIT TILL HE LEARNS HOW TO PLAY WITH HIS MAN BODY!
Originally posted by 99problems:
Davis will be a top 10 tackle in this LG when its all said and done.

He was a 20 YO rookie, and that huge.
JUST WAIT TILL HE LEARNS HOW TO PLAY WITH HIS MAN BODY!

Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Getting better in pass pro, but still scary. Good run blocker.. love the nasty he can bring... wish for him to bring it every play though. Odd that PFF has him so high on pass pro and yet so low on run blocking.

I'm liking him more and more, but not at all ready to say he's good or special in pass pro.
It's safe to say some still jumped the gun on him saying he needed to move to guard last season. He was(he's still not) no where near his ceiling as a tackle his first two seasons in the league.

The lockout wiping out the entire offseason before Anthony's second season kind of slowed down his development more than some people will admit. This past offseason was really his first first full offseason in the Niners strength and conditioning program followed by OTA's and Mini camp and you can see improvement because of it.

Pretty good point. The only counter that would be that when AD generally gets beat, it's not from a lack of knowing who to block.. it's just getting beat 1-vs-1 on speed or a power move inside. With time, the instincts will get better on dealing with these things as well... so GO AD !!! Glad to see the improvement!
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Solid player, he and Boone block out the sun.

I was skeptical of Boone and Davis at the beggining of the year until I saw Boone through Suh accross the Lions backfield. I love to be wrong when I think there are serious issues which turn out to be our strength.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Pretty good point. The only counter that would be that when AD generally gets beat, it's not from a lack of knowing who to block.. it's just getting beat 1-vs-1 on speed or a power move inside. With time, the instincts will get better on dealing with these things as well... so GO AD !!! Glad to see the improvement!
Agreed. His biggest test will be against Chris Long. The guy he generally struggles with the most.
I think he and Iupati are our best linemen. Id like to see him at LT sometime.
Not saying I am a sports genius(in which I am) but I felt all this line needed was time to gel themselves. They have always been changing assignments as well every off season. Staley, Iupati, and Davis all three first round picks. G, was iffy but thankfully Boone has lived up to his college potential. And Goodwin, he's a pro-bowl center. Maybe not the best center in the league but he's been "efficient".

The more time these guys have to gel the better they are going to be. Not to mention it seems we have some talent brewing in Looney and Kilgore for the future as well.

Someone also pointed out somewhere along the line, that the difference between the line last year and what were seeing this year is that we are attacking. It seemed last year we were sort of taking a step back and waiting for them to come to us. Now we are taking it to them.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Sep 21, 2012 at 10:37 AM ]
He is the best olineman on the team, quite frankly.
I wouldn't be shocked to see them flop positions at some point . . . not this year or maybe even next. But sometime in the future.

Ive said since he was drafted that him and staley should swap. IMO Staley is good, but overrated here. Both would probally be more natural in there positions if they swapped em IMO.
these posts tick me off lol. The picture on ESPN's power poll of bla blah blah blah blah...

Link? Picture? lol I cant find anything, I have no idea what your talking about.

I think we would be just as likely to see Staley become a cap causualty and have Davis and Boone man the edge while Looney takes the middle....
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I think we would be just as likely to see Staley become a cap causualty and have Davis and Boone man the edge while Looney takes the middle....

Doubt the 49ers would cut a pro bowl left tackle in his prime this shortly after signing him to an extension. This is most likely the exact line we will all be watching for at least the next 2 seasons
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

I could see that happening.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
I could see that happening.

Not anytime soon. Staley's only making 2.8 and 3.4 mil the next two seasons.