There are 106 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Anthony Davis (Photo on ESPN Power Ranking)

The photo of our team I think is interesting. It shows A. Davis prominently. Is he starting to be viewed as an elite player? Or is it just random photo. Many of us, myself included, thought Mike was going to be the best lineman from that class, but maybe not. Thoughts on the photo.
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
The photo of our team I think is interesting. It shows A. Davis prominently. Is he starting to be viewed as an elite player? Or is it just random photo. Many of us, myself included, thought Mike was going to be the best lineman from that class, but maybe not. Thoughts on the photo.

Link?
  • Bodhi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 68
"San Francisco 49ers: Offensive tackle Anthony Davis is tied for the lead in Pass Blocking Efficiency for tackles at 98.9% after allowing just one hurry in two games. It is a significant improvement after finishing in the bottom half of the league in 2011."


https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/09/20/32-observations-week-2/

That said, 2 games isn't much of a sample size and I think by the end of the season Davis will be just above average
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 16,020
Originally posted by Bodhi:
"San Francisco 49ers: Offensive tackle Anthony Davis is tied for the lead in Pass Blocking Efficiency for tackles at 98.9% after allowing just one hurry in two games. It is a significant improvement after finishing in the bottom half of the league in 2011."


https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/09/20/32-observations-week-2/

That said, 2 games isn't much of a sample size and I think by the end of the season Davis will be just above average

Anthony Davis is far better than average. He improved greatly over the course of last year. He's a very young and talented player.
Dude was solid last year. Now it's time to dominate.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by Bodhi:
"San Francisco 49ers: Offensive tackle Anthony Davis is tied for the lead in Pass Blocking Efficiency for tackles at 98.9% after allowing just one hurry in two games. It is a significant improvement after finishing in the bottom half of the league in 2011."


https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/09/20/32-observations-week-2/

That said, 2 games isn't much of a sample size and I think by the end of the season Davis will be just above average

Anthony Davis is far better than average. He improved greatly over the course of last year. He's a very young and talented player.
This. We played GB and Detroit, both teams with a real pass rush.....Very excited to see him become the player they picked him to be.
Solid player, he and Boone block out the sun.
Davis was drive blocking people 10 yards off the ball and burying them into the ground. It was awesome!
Getting better in pass pro, but still scary. Good run blocker.. love the nasty he can bring... wish for him to bring it every play though. Odd that PFF has him so high on pass pro and yet so low on run blocking.

I'm liking him more and more, but not at all ready to say he's good or special in pass pro.
"...tied for the lead in Pass Blocking Efficiency for tackles at 98.9%..."


[ Edited by ninertico on Sep 21, 2012 at 9:45 AM ]
he gonna be better than Staley
Cohn says so many silly little things just to get hits... reminds me of someone here but I can't remember who...
Originally posted by susweel:
he gonna be better than Staley

I wouldn't be shocked to see them flop positions at some point . . . not this year or maybe even next. But sometime in the future.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by susweel:
he gonna be better than Staley

I wouldn't be shocked to see them flop positions at some point . . . not this year or maybe even next. But sometime in the future.

true dat
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Getting better in pass pro, but still scary. Good run blocker.. love the nasty he can bring... wish for him to bring it every play though. Odd that PFF has him so high on pass pro and yet so low on run blocking.

I'm liking him more and more, but not at all ready to say he's good or special in pass pro.
It's safe to say some still jumped the gun on him saying he needed to move to guard last season. He was(he's still not) no where near his ceiling as a tackle his first two seasons in the league.

The lockout wiping out the entire offseason before Anthony's second season kind of slowed down his development more than some people will admit. This past offseason was really his first first full offseason in the Niners strength and conditioning program followed by OTA's and Mini camp and you can see improvement because of it.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home