There are 93 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Quotes from the other side...Detroit Lions edition

Dang that was fun to read. Many thanks, Stoney.
Gets way better in the second half

Omg ****ing stop them u idiots

How can people think our d line is dominant ?? Zero pressure

offense needs to step the **** up

This ****ing team is stupid wtf u doing

OMG we ran it on 3rd down...is that even legal

Man this 49ers d is tough...holy ****

would be impressed if we had CJ run a pattern further then 5 yards downfield

Stafford is the reason the 49ers are winning. If we just had average play out of him this game might be even...

when stafford does something good he looks like the biggest little kid the way he acts, and when he does bad, he acts the same. showing very little composure and that wasnt even a "tough" pass. just a simple screen and he ****in launched it as hard as possible right at calvins feet

We have to start plaing Lions football not 49ers football,enough with this conservative crap were just playing like the weaker team.

The reason Stafford stinks is because he is a momentum QB. When he gets going, he is impossible to stop. But with the playcall tonight (50% runs), he can't get any momentum considering he doesn't even throw two consecutive passes. Keep the ball in his hands, let him throw the ball, and watch what will happen. Forget the runs, and the Lions can come back and win this game...
^Yeah, that's why...lol

the 49ers are showing the lions how to run a screen

it's almost like harbaugh can hear me, and thinks i have a great idea

Alex Smith blows...if the 9ers had an average QB they would be unstoppable
which is different from what happened because the Lions sure stopped Alex.

i wish we had someone like aptrick willis lol

yep were ****ed

smh @ mayhew and swartz... wth are ya thinking, Got 40 wideouts and bums for depth at DB and LB

how come no matter who we play, their wrs always have separation and ours, even calvin, never does..

This is sad...they're just predictably running the ball & we still can't stop them

the only way we can beat the niners is if they beat them selfs

Youd think if we held them to 17 we would have the lead.

**** u akers

alex smith barely touched and hes bleeding ***** *****
OOOOOK cheap shot motherf**kers. Well they spend a good amount of time talking about what a b***h Alex is for getting an illegal forearm to the head while sliding, until he shuts them up once and for all with the final TD pass to Vernon.

I hate watching this

Stopped short. The ageless Jason Hanson to come on for a FG. Last active player from Tecmo Super Bowl for the GEN/SNES

The looks are going to be the same no matter what. They have such a strong front seven that they don't HAVE to do anything special on run defense. They're never going to stack 8 in the box.At some point, you're going to have to accept that running the ball generally is not going to work, and you need to try to play to your strengths.

One of my favorites
OMG we ran it on 3rd down...is that even legal

lol
Quote:
We need a miracle this 2nd half. I'm happy it's this close.

Quote:
I know Pee Wee teams with more f**king discipline.

Quote:
Quote:
The problem comes when the other team takes away those strengths. So far San Fran has done that. (goes back to not throwing the fade every time the Lions are in the red zone).

They need to stay with what they are doing and wait for the opportunity to play to their strength.

If they're waiting for the 49ers to drop in to defend the run, that clock is going to read 0:00 in the 4th quarter. The 49ers aren't going to do that. They don't have to.

San Francisco will be perfectly content with the Lions playing this game all game, because it's not going to beat them.

Quote:
I think we see why Avril isnt getting that multi year extension.....He's been piled driven about 3 times already

Quote:
How did San Fran get so physically dominant so quickly?

Quote:
Make a f**kING TACKLE; god dammit!

Quote:
Don't you guys get tired of being so negative and overreacting to every single play? Just curious.

^^^ I see this is something that is universal to all fan sites

Quote:
It's not the 49ers D. It's the Lions pathetic playcalling.

Quote:
I am sick of hearing and seeing the golden gate f**king bridge!!!

Quote:
9ERS KNOW OUR STRENGTH IS PASSING, SO THEY LOVE IT WHEN WE RUN !!!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Damn, the 49'ers have to be the best tackling team in the NFL.

Some Ravens would probably argue with that.

This D is better IMO

Quote:
Yeah, the 49ers are playing off the run. They aren't scared of it. They were playing pass the whole way.

If the 49ers play THAT much off, the Lions COULD hurt them with the running game.

Quote:
Dear Joique Bell. This isn't Wayne state. Please run upfield.

Quote:
Again... the 49ers are more than content to let the Lions play this game. They'll give Detroit FG attempts all day.

Quote:
Quote:
Is Stafford injured? Does he have a problem with his hand?

I dont know if he's injured but something doesn't look right with him, he seems rattled.

Quote:
Lions are playing right into the San Fran game plan

Very disappointed in the coaching calls tonight

Quote:
Quote:
What has happened to the TE in this game????

LBs are stud in underneath coverage. Never seen anything like them. Have to think e can get some plays downfield. It ain't over the middle.

Quote:
I don't mind the running game but the lack of ANY throws past 10 yards is killing me.

Nate and Titus are still playing, Pettingzoo is still playing.

Quote:
Nice 49er cheerleaders

Quote:
Quote:
I watched the packer game and the 49ers have had both of these teams playing conservative ball for two weeks in a row. Way too much respect to the SF dbs. They lead the league with 10 40 plus yard passes given up last year.

I disagree this is probably the best team in te nfl and we are playing smart. Keep running it. They won't give up stupid mistakes so wait for the big pass play.

Quote:
Let's hope the Zlions coaches are playing rope-a-dope

Quote:
The passing game definitely seems odd. For whatever reason they are not sending anyone deep.

Quote:
He comes a pick for the leos, I can feel it

Quote:
Hard to take a lot of deep shots when SF consistently playing 2 deep.

Quote:
why are we not torching these punks?? Where is Nate,Young & Pettingzoo!!!???

Quote:
Like I said, what are the odds of us scoring a touchdown?

Quote:
Our safeties suck ass.

Quote:
Gore tearing it up.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No massive shoulder injury to Matt. Wind is too obvious.

It's not bothering Alex Smith.

Quote:
How many passes has he thrown down field?

What's not bothering Alex Smith is the fact that the Lions can't cover anybody. There is no risk to throwing the ball because there isn't a d player anywhere near their receivers.

Sometime I think that you are a long time poster that has taken an alias and has come here to say stupid s**t and see how long it will take someone to go off on you

Quote:
Quote:
The passing game definitely seems odd. For whatever reason they are not sending anyone deep.

It's not that they aren't sending anyone deep. They are. But the 49ers have both safeties (and occasionally even a linebacker) setting down deep as well, trusting that their front seven can do the job up front.

So Linehan is saying, "Alright. We'll run the ball. We'll play short", trying to draw those deep players in.

In response... the 49ers are saying, "Okay. You do that. You're not going to beat us playing that game. We know it. You know it. So... we'll just stay back here, thank you very much."

Now the question is, when is Linehan going to say, "Alright. Here we come."

Quote:
We had the ball once and moved it like 40 yards. The problem is, San Fran can cover our WRs very easily. Send multiples at CJ, Titus and co. won't win their matchups leaving underneath routes that their LBs jam instantly.

This is a great secondary. Running the ball is the only thing we are having success with.

Quote:
Love watching the Niners. Everything the Lions should be. Great defense. Tough offensive line. Smart and accurate QB.

Quote:
Wendling shows why we are undermanned ... he breaks down behind the first down marker and allows the runner to punish him ... Had then been Golson or Whitner they would have attacked the ball carrier and kept them from getting the first.

It's about solid tackling, aggresiveness and having trust in your teammates to have your back.

Quote:
Quote:
Why is it our WRs are so easy to cover?

Because our secondary targets are not as good as their secondary cover guys.

Quote:
Request #1 of the night

Offense: DO SOMETHING - ANYTHING

Quote:
Two scores down. Right where we want them

Quote:
Smith might get 25 carries tonight. lol

Quote:
Nice to see the 2-3 yard run on first down hasn't left the playbook

Quote:
The 49ers are almost playing a prevent defense at this point. They are leaving anything inside 10 yards open, content with stopping the quick strike.

This is actually a bad move, in my opinion. Because there's a LOT of time left.

Quote:
Good challenge but whomever would have thought you would be challenging the spot of a sack back in the day.

Quote:
False start when ALL the Niners back off the pass rush...bad bad bad

Quote:
Kevin Smith tackled by a divot

Quote:
I've never seen a running back fall on his own like Kevin Smith does.

Quote:
Im ashamed to be a fan of such a sucky piece of s**t team.

Quote:
Theres the f**king K. Smith we have seen in the past. How many times have we seen him stumble and fall in the open?

Quote:
Have the 9ers had a flag on offense yet?

Quote:
Would love to have a guy like Gore on our team.

Quote:
This is why the Lions needed to open it up sooner. The 49ers are eating up the clock, and the Lions won't have time.

Quote:
Must be nice to have a RB who can make a guy miss and then turn up field.

Leshoure can't get here quick enough.

Quote:
Wish the Leo's had a RB like that

Quote:
Piss poor tackling and Stafford having a terrible game is the story of this game

Quote:
Takes the whole team to bring his ass down.

Our RB gets tackles by grass

Quote:
Oh, wow. I thought Smith was faking. He's bleeding though.

Quote:
Smith is having a really good game with the audibles

Quote:
3rd and long again. Anyone have confidence we can make a big tackle?

Quote:
We need a stop now.

Quote:
well, was a good game

Quote:
And... they don't.

Quote:
Three 3rd and longs. Three fails.

Quote:
Nope. f**k this game. That is 3 horrific attempts at tackling.

Quote:
Quote:
Stafford might show up next week.

Terrible first two weeks

Quote:
f**k this defense. Can't stop a 3rd down to save themselves. Poor tackling.

Quote:
Notice how they complete underneath routes and do not get hit immediatley.

Our back 7 is atrocious right now.

Quote:
Now watch. Stafford will go 5-5 on this drive and they'll score in a minute and 20 seconds.

Quote:
Wind, best D in the League, West Coast, grass field...... Loud stadium.... Everything in this game catered to SFs strengths.

Quote:
Smith didn't seem to have much problem. The conditions are no excuse.

San Francisco's secondary is that good.

Detroit's is that porous; and why Mayhew did next to NOTHING to address it this off-season is a question that fans have the right to ask.

End of story.

Quote:
Vernon makes the Lions LBs look like keystone cops

Quote:
Quote:
Staff deserves a break here. These were not the conditions for a QB to make plays.

I agree.

Outside of the fact that SF is a phenomenal defensive team. The gameplan never gave the offense a chance.

Quote:
He is just dinking against a s**t secondary. Matt is dinking too and his guys are getting blasted on impact. Noone is throwing downfield.

Quote:
That is b******t. Smith is not making great throws. He is managing.

Quote:
Quote:
San Fran's secondary isn't tat good. It's easily the weakest part of the D

How many open WRs have you seen?

Quote:
Quote:
You are making funny excuses for another pathetic Stafford performance

"Harbaugh called him names before the game, No fair!"

These are legit excuses, not really funny. Are you saying there is no wind? Are you saying Alex Smith is chucking deep balls all day? Are you seeing wide open WRs that Staff is just missing?

I am seeing one team tackle Wrs riight away, and another team moving the ball via the missed tackles and gut runs,

Quote:
Smith is managing because he has open receivers.

Stafford is not because he doesn't.

It really is that simple.

Quote:
Holy s**t - A PASSING td!

Quote:
If this ends up being the final score, the Lions will have lost to the 49ers by as much as the Packers did.

^^^ Well, if that makes you feel better

Quote:
Lost the same way too. This SF D does not get beat deep. Rodgers didn't throw downfield either

Quote:
Don't be so hard on Linehan.

Smith had 16 carries for 53 yards. Look at the production!

Quote:
I guess I might as well stay for th Handshake

Quote:

And that lack of a bounce is the perfect ending. Everything went SFs way.

Glad this snooze of a contest is over. SF is very physical. Outmanned us

Quote:
Final score doesn't indicate how much the Lions coaches and players were dominated.

Quote:
Quote:
We could've won the game if we didn't waste so much time running the ball.

We could have, but we didn't. On to next week!

Quote:
Quote:
The Lions have a gimme game next week. They better destroy Tennessee.

much like last year i am guessing the offense disappears for at least 2 games after losing to SF. so no games are gimmie games

Quote:
Well, they made Rodgers look pedestrian last week. Stafford was just the next victim.

Quote:
If Rodgers and Staff can't beat them deep, then maybe Cap'n Blue just needs to tip her cap to SF. QBs will have some below average days against them

Quote:
Quote:
Running the ball in and of itself wasn't the problem so much as having a pretty meager rush offense even in the best of times.

San Francisco had the defense to dare Detroit to beat them on the ground, and Detroit couldn't do it.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

We have a winner!

Quote:
Heres what I think happened....

SF played both safeties anywhere from 15-25 yards off the los to take away any deep ball....WIllis can cover Pettigrew one on one and their corners can handle both Burleson and Young 1 on 1....Also their other LB is one of the best cover LBs in the league so its really tough to do much against them.....The reason why Linehan ran so much was to try and draw the safeties up...it didnt work.....ANytime your safeties don't have to be a major player in stopping the running game its a major win.
Can somebody unpin this thread. It's going to get lost up on top of the forum. Let it roll on the bottom for a couple days, please.
How did San Fran get so physically dominant so quickly?

Harbaugh

Im ashamed to be a fan of such a sucky piece of s**t team.

"Two scores down. Right where we want them."

"Nice to see the 2-3 yard run on first down hasn't left the playbook"

"Kevin Smith tackled by a divot"

LOL
Quote:
I am sick of hearing and seeing the golden gate f**king bridge!!!

Quote:
I guess I might as well stay for the Handshake

Quote:
Vernon makes the Lions LBs look like keystone cops

Quote:
I've never seen a running back fall on his own like Kevin Smith does.

ouch..my stomach...
The absolute best thread I've read on WZ. MAD PROPS, Stoney!
Good job Stoney and ninermedic. It's funny because when they think nobody is looking a bunch of them are actually telling it how it is. Yet before the game most were delusional as hell.

Here are some game threads if you want to check them out.
http://www.detroitlions.com/fan-zone/messageboards.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a97575316-73b9-4a9f-aa4d-76aa99e28e21Forum%3ad50410b4-78ad-40d3-a6aa-8fdda828193fDiscussion%3a862d396b-15c9-45d6-83cb-38dcfac8ef82

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=93&f=1801&t=9359756
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 17, 2012 at 10:42 PM ]
This is Suh embarrassing

honestly this 49ers team is beastly.

Wow we suck.

Maybe Linehan will copy the 49ers at halftime and learn how to call some plays to keep the opponent off balance.

No pass rush, guys wide open.. Embarrassed Avril is making 10 mill this year..

Where's Noodle arm at, this is ridiculous.. Make the dayum throow. Too easy and you can't put in on target.

I wish our guys would be smarter.....I heard that whistle and they kept pushing..just stop damn it.

Funny...the 9ers needed better receivers and during the offseason they got Moss and ManninghamWe needed better DBs and we...got 3 guys cut by other teams that are getting roasted...

Gunther must be so old that he forgets the 49ers run the same f%^&*#$ running play every f^&*%$#@ time they run the ball

we can RUN on them if we dont use shotgun draws

Titus is a f**king idiot.....seriously....

my fellow lion's brethren. we are setting their defense up, just wait

I seriously cannot stand KVB!...you stupid old dumba55!

Pathetic KVB Can't bring down a QB without tugging on the facemask? A QB?

Is this a real NFL defense?

Niners are gonna blow it open.Detroit deserves to lose. MORONS.

Avril getting rag-dolled on EVERY play.WORTHLESS.

We are,getting manhandled. Simply embarrassing.

Akers apparently didn't get the memo that he is required to bounce the attempt off the upright.

SF tackling is awesome, ours sucks.

All our D is grab at players. It's like not a single one of them knows how to break down and get in good position to tackle.It's not like they haven't been shown how to do it... ya know... by that OTHER team on the field.

SOOOO PISSED WTF JOEY HARRINGTON????

This is looking like the Rod Marinelli defense days. Bend but don't break... unless they force you to break.

Our Dline is SOOO overrated.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 17, 2012 at 11:14 PM ]
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Isnt this just a rehash of the Musings thread? Interesting read, but i feel that the musings thread deserves a pin over this thread. its been around way longer
Originally posted by THEB:
Isnt this just a rehash of the Musings thread? Interesting read, but i feel that the musings thread deserves a pin over this thread. its been around way longer

Agreed. This thread should be unpinned, as it's only here for a week or so. The musings thread should be pinned because it's long term.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home