LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

49ers' O-line not impressed with Lions front four

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by kray28:
I'll be honest, I was not too impressed with our OL last night. Even Alex was a bit pissed with some of the screwups.

1. Botched shotgun snap by Goodwin.
2. Blocking screwup which frees up Suh for a clean shot at Smith.
3. A play later, Alex has microsecond to get rid of it before Suh is in his breadbasket.
4. 3rd and 1, and the line gets zero push and Gore gets stopped short.

So you are disappointed because you found 4 negative plays in a completely dominant performance? You are going to be pretty disappointed each week then because last time I checked there has never been an oline that blocks every play to perfection.
f**k detroit dude, staley got a bad rap last week when he had a broken nose and had to breath thru his mouth all game long. im happy for everyone on the line and i was happy to see anthony davis in the mix with everyone, we need enforcers like that who dont back down. and a huge shout out to big boone! dude has been lights out at guard.
Our O line has to play against the real best D line in football everyday in practice. so I'm not surprised that they are not impressed.

If the Niners ever do switch to a 4-3 front, the Niners will get Best Front 4 talk instead of just Best Front 7 talk IMO
Originally posted by bleeds9ersredandgold:
Our O line has to play against the real best D line in football everyday in practice. so I'm not surprised that they are not impressed.

If the Niners ever do switch to a 4-3 front, the Niners will get Best Front 4 talk instead of just Best Front 7 talk IMO

Good point.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Good point.

Won't it still be the best front 7? Smith-Smith-Soap-McDonald
Brooks-Willis-Bowman
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Good point.

Brooks-Willis-Bowman

Like Harbaugh said --iron sharpens iron. The O going against the best front 7 can really expedite their execution of plays because they know what it takes to be successful agains the best defensive personnel. And if you worry about our D having trouble going up against huge offensive line, they are doing that against the O-line. And who's good running the ball...

Not being able to run against our 6 in the box D, even though the other team has the number advantage -- just doesn't seemed fair.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 17, 2012 at 2:12 PM ]
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Brooks-Willis-Bowman

There was a time where I wouldn't have wanted Brooks as an OLB. Would sub him in at DE and kick Ray inside as Sopo comes out on more clear pass downs. But yeah, I think Brooks has really improved his quickness and awareness and now could better play either spot comfortably. (still better as a pure rusher though)
Really have to give the Oline some credit here. They played one helluva game in pass protection. They gave Smith time to hit his back foot just about every time on pass plays. Smith only got sacked because he held on to the ball and couldn't find open receivers on a few occasions. And a couple of those qb roll outs. But for most of the game Smith had time and receivers to throw the ball. Especially the last scoring drive. Between the line giving him time, Smith finding space to stand in the pocket, and open receivers. They converted all those critical 3rd downs. Fantastic play by the offense.

Look at the our last drive. If you don't think we are capable of a passing offense when needed you are wrong.

We have every right to bash their defensive line. This is the 2nd time we've ran all over them and this time the pass protection was solid thru out as well.

Watching the game the commentators made a comment about their coaching staff not liking Suh's play last year. Even they know that their D line is overrated.
One more thing the 49ers got to do to analysts. Prove them wrong about the Lions DLine destroying us. Although Staley and Davis may get talked to by Harbaugh, I think someone needed to say it, who better then the OLinemen who just put them in there place? I like how Alex Boone wouldnt comment because they guys like him now and he didnt want to make them angry lol.

Originally posted by boast:
AD f**king rules! that's all.

Yes Mr False Start has come a long ways.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Not much liking our players talking crap like that. Love the confidence, but to me, it looks like poor winners to be saying this after a win... deserved or not. I prefer the "let our actions speak for themselves on the field" approach.

+1
I would say Staley should play well for a few games before he chats it up. He got beaten big time by the Packers. Besides the obvious sacks, he had a few false starts that the refs missed calling. It was obvious that he was over matched.
[ Edited by VoteObama2012 on Sep 18, 2012 at 9:25 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone