There are 54 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers' O-line not impressed with Lions front four

LINK

Joe Staley asked if he thinks Detroit defensive line is overrated.

"Extremely," he said. "I've never been impressed by the Detroit Lions' defensive line."

Thoughts from Anthony Davis

It's not really an I'm-going-to-line-up-and-kick-your-(butt) kind of D-line. But people always say stuff like that. They're good at post-play stuff. They're good at getting away with nudging you at the end of a play, stuff like that."

"They think highly of themselves. I heard they said they were the best D-line in the league or something. I feel that's disrespectful to other good defensive lines."

[ Edited by Youngb on Sep 17, 2012 at 12:42 AM ]
i love anthony davis lol. f**k detroit
LOLOL Anthony Davis is probably public enemy #1 in Detroit. f**king love it.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i love anthony davis lol. f**k detroit

this
  • Garcia
  • Veteran

i dont necessarily like this.

No need to motivate other teams with useless trash talk.
Really have to give the Oline some credit here. They played one helluva game in pass protection. They gave Smith time to hit his back foot just about every time on pass plays. Smith only got sacked because he held on to the ball and couldn't find open receivers on a few occasions. And a couple of those qb roll outs. But for most of the game Smith had time and receivers to throw the ball. Especially the last scoring drive. Between the line giving him time, Smith finding space to stand in the pocket, and open receivers. They converted all those critical 3rd downs. Fantastic play by the offense.

Look at the our last drive. If you don't think we are capable of a passing offense when needed you are wrong.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 17, 2012 at 7:57 AM ]
Not much liking our players talking crap like that. Love the confidence, but to me, it looks like poor winners to be saying this after a win... deserved or not. I prefer the "let our actions speak for themselves on the field" approach.
Love it! Its also all true! For a line that talks about being amongst the best in the league they should figure out how to stop the run before calling themselves dominant. That line has NEVER been able to stop the run and really isn't all that impressive at pass rushing. They get good push up the middle because of Suh but teams just use that against them. Let him penetrate and run it right behind him. And enough with the all red contacts!! Vandenbotch isn't frightening anyone!
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Love it! Its also all true! For a line that talks about being amongst the best in the league they should figure out how to stop the run before calling themselves dominant. That line has NEVER been able to stop the run and really isn't all that impressive at pass rushing. They get good push up the middle because of Suh but teams just use that against them. Let him penetrate and run it right behind him. And enough with the all red contacts!! Vandenbotch isn't frightening anyone!

Agreed. I thought they were overrated going into the game. Our Oline proved that last night. They still couldn't stop the different variation on the 'wham' run plays from a year ago. They made a point of stopping our runs in the last scoring drive but couldn't pressure Smith enough to stop the 3rd down bleeding conversions.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 17, 2012 at 8:11 AM ]
Basically called them cheap shot artists.
Lol love Anthony Davis
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Garcia:

i dont necessarily like this.

No need to motivate other teams with useless trash talk.
no trash talk,, they are just stating what most of us already know and the rest of the nlf is just finding out. detroit is a mrage, a 500 team at best, they lack intangibles to take that next step, they are bullies. they are a one trick pony and that will only take you to a few towns.
WHo was that that was with VD and blocked the guy all the way to the sideline? That was probably one of my top plays tbh. If I'm not mistaken the guy(lions) got up and retaliated, ohh yeah he pushed our players head to the ground. Ref was right there, how are these multiple cheap shots not getting called? And it's not like it's anything new, it's been going on for a while now.

Or the guy that tackled AD by the back of his helmet, right in front of a ref.
Frankly, our OLine owned their DLine last night.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Im not sure who is more overrated.. Suh or Stafford?