There are 218 users in the forums

"Secondary is Awesome" Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Last night really showed how dominant our secondary is. For 3 quarters we were getting NO pass rush at all, but stafford was still checking down and looking panicked. When the pass rush and the secodary are clicking at the same time, we are unbeatable
^^ plus our pass rush was usually 3 or 4 guys against 5 -6 linemen. They were getting somewhat pressure with 2 guys vs 5 at times. lol
You especially heard my rant last week, and all of last year...my one big concern/complaint about how Fangio uses our secondary. I can't STAND when he plays his DB's 10-15 off WR's (or in the case of our S's, 25 yards deep); he gives the receivers a clean release off the LOS and forces the secondary to react and the outcome is typically large gains for wide open receivers...it's an even simpler pitch-catch when we blitz b/c the secondary continues to play so far off, the QB and WR has no issue completing a quick hot-read pass esp. on 3rd downs. Then we tighten up in the RZ.

I'm thoroughly convinced Fangio and the coaches/players come to this board. Last night Fangio trusted his secondary to play tight, physical up at the LOS, no clean releases and as a result, contested and defended more passes then I have ever seen in one game. Major props...etroit has a plethora of targets and we out-muscles every one AT THE LOS and throughout the play! Stellar job Fangio and even better execution!

I hope this becomes our blue print going forward!
Originally posted by NCommand:
You especially heard my rant last week, and all of last year...my one big concern/complaint about how Fangio uses our secondary. I can't STAND when he plays his DB's 10-15 off WR's (or in the case of our S's, 25 yards deep); he gives the receivers a clean release off the LOS and forces the secondary to react and the outcome is typically large gains for wide open receivers...it's an even simpler pitch-catch when we blitz b/c the secondary continues to play so far off, the QB and WR has no issue completing a quick hot-read pass esp. on 3rd downs. Then we tighten up in the RZ.

I'm thoroughly convinced Fangio and the coaches/players come to this board. Last night Fangio trusted his secondary to play tight, physical up at the LOS, no clean releases and as a result, contested and defended more passes then I have ever seen in one game. Major props...etroit has a plethora of targets and we out-muscles every one AT THE LOS and throughout the play! Stellar job Fangio and even better execution!

What? They played up on the line of scrimmage most of last season. What are you talking about? We played alot of zone against the packers I guess but last season was all man under press coverage.
Originally posted by NCommand:

This
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
I love the secondary. Culiver is going to be a beast of a CB

Did anyone see the PI against him for 34 yards? I didn't get a close look but didn't look like something that should be called. Anyways, the secondary has been a huge part of why we won these 2 games. They are all playing great.

that was a BAD CALL ......Culliver stayed with him, all the way down the sidelines and got his hands on the ball cleanly and broke that s**t up ....cant see how they considered that pass interfernce
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
I love the secondary. Culiver is going to be a beast of a CB

Did anyone see the PI against him for 34 yards? I didn't get a close look but didn't look like something that should be called. Anyways, the secondary has been a huge part of why we won these 2 games. They are all playing great.

that was a BAD CALL ......Culliver stayed with him, all the way down the sidelines and got his hands on the ball cleanly and broke that s**t up ....cant see how they considered that pass interfernce

Absolutely text book coverage!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Goldson. Pay the man!

IDGAF, Top 5 safety in the league.
Share 49ersWebzone