There are 81 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

fox nfl sunday

Originally posted by BayArea:
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Originally posted by mella8:
The Niners are the most COMPLETE team in football; probably the deepest as well. Too early to say, however. I think we were a better team than GB, but I also think they underestimated us and were shellshocked in the process.

Looking around the league, Id say Baltimore, NE, GB, and SF are the teams to beat right now....

Serious question: Why are the Texans left off this list more often than not? Am I 'out of this world' in thinking that they are the biggest hurdle between us and the Lombardi??????????????

I dont worry at all with any other team than what they have.

I am constantly thinking this same thing although I would say the biggest hurdle between us and the big win is the Ravens. You seen the Ravens play this year? f**k that team looks scary.

I seen them. And I agree. I forgot about their "new look" offense, and really dont want to judge who they are just yet. But they would pose a bigger threat to us than New England IMO, because I think NE is limited with offensive playmakers.

And the thing with the Texans is that they do have injury concerns, which bodes well for us. But other than that, their Oline and Dline--where you earn your keep in this league--is top notch.
The Niners are the most COMPLETE team in football; probably the deepest as well. Too early to say, however. I think we were a better team than GB, but I also think they underestimated us and were shellshocked in the process.

Looking around the league, Id say Baltimore, NE, GB, and SF are the teams to beat right now....

Serious question: Why are the Texans left off this list more often than not? Am I 'out of this world' in thinking that they are the biggest hurdle between us and the Lombardi??????????????

I am constantly thinking this same thing although I would say the biggest hurdle between us and the big win is the Ravens. You seen the Ravens play this year? f**k that team looks scary.

I seen them. And I agree. I forgot about their "new look" offense, and really dont want to judge who they are just yet. But they would pose a bigger threat to us than New England IMO, because I think NE is limited with offensive playmakers.

And the thing with the Texans is that they do have injury concerns, which bodes well for us. But other than that, their Oline and Dline--where you earn your keep in this league--is top notch.

Yeah if I had to guess the AFC champions will be either the Ravens, the Texans, the Pats, or maybe the Broncos. The Ravens and Texans being the toughest challenge I would think. Like you said it is hard to put a gauge on teams this early but the Ravens loss today doesn't sway my opinion of them a whole lot. The still look very solid.
jimmy johnson still hates us, thats cool, we hate you too you boner pill sellin old douche
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by 16to87:
Bill Walsh hated the term "niner faithfull" he thought it sounded like we hoped we could win instead of expecting to win

49er Fearless!

49ers Thug Life
Originally posted by niners94:
Bill Walsh hated the term "niner faithfull" he thought it sounded like we hoped we could win instead of expecting to win

49er Fearless!

49ers Thug Life

49ers will f**k you up
Yeah if I had to guess the AFC champions will be either the Ravens, the Texans, the Pats, or maybe the Broncos. The Ravens and Texans being the toughest challenge I would think. Like you said it is hard to put a gauge on teams this early but the Ravens loss today doesn't sway my opinion of them a whole lot. The still look very solid.

I would add Pittsburgh. You just can never overlook the Steelers.
Originally posted by taney71:

Forgot about them, yeah they should be in the mix, they are kind of inconsistent but like you said they can't be ruled out.

Forgot about them, yeah they should be in the mix, they are kind of inconsistent but like you said they can't be ruled out.

If you're going to have to tiers of AFC playoff teams Pittsburgh would be the second tier. I think the ravens and Texans are in the class by themselves since they are closest to be overall balance on offense and defense. the patriots are way too one sided which means to me at least they are in the second tier if not and a third tier.

If you're going to have to tiers of AFC playoff teams Pittsburgh would be the second tier. I think the ravens and Texans are in the class by themselves since they are closest to be overall balance on offense and defense. the patriots are way too one sided which means to me at least they are in the second tier if not and a third tier.

I agree although I might have the Patriots be knocking on the door of the 1st tier simply because of how prolific they can be when in sync. They didn't have much of a defense or run game last year but their defense looks improved this year making them slightly more balanced. They are still pretty one dimensional on offense though which ins't a huge downside since that one dimension is a pretty good dimension.

Might need to see them play a little more to really evaluate them though.

Yeah I agree the Texans are a powerhouse as well. I think they get lost in the AFC shuffle when you have teams with proven trackrecords eg NE, PITTS, BALT. I still think in the playoffs the Pats and Ravens would edge them out, but yeah they're def scary good.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by niners94:

49er Fearless!

49ers Thug Life

49ers will f**k you up

Niner-Lifer
Who cares, they tell us the 49ers suck every week and they prove them wrong.
I enjoy the team being in that position.
Right now it's looking like us (49ers) and the Texans maybe the only complete teams in the league. This is based off play from last year and now through the first two weeks. I would also put Philly in here if they string together a few more wins, and Atlanta if they can slow down Manning and the no huddle.
Denver also they have two elite pass rushers and two solid corners, I cant speak on the rest of the defense but I know Von and Elvis give them a fighting chance every week on d if they play.
Originally posted by NYS49er:
micheal strahan thinks the 9ers are the best team in football while jim johnson says not so fast personally i think johnsons a blow hole whats your thoughts

49er nation faithful up

JJ thinks Lee from Cowgirls is the best ILB in the league, that says enough about him.