There are 60 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS MINNESOTA VIKINGS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 3)

Originally posted by oldman9er:
why yall care what Sus thinks anyway? did we not know and expect him to say these things today?

i dont understand why they hang on every word he says lol we all know he hates alex, nothing new...
In the end a lot of bad things on O and D and coaching lead to this loss. While the Vikings executed almost perfectly. That is a good thing in itself the fact that even with how bad the team played they were still in it up till the last 4 minutes or so.

What worries me is that we were given so many chances to come back and squandered them all. How we were able to get all those first downs in a row after the half and then the TD yet couldn't get anything after that is beyond me.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by taney71:
How about Philly or thlions game? There were a bunch of comme from behind games last year.
not to mention his very very good play in the first two games this year against good teams( i hate giving the lions credit like that).. yes yes,, alex s**t the bed as taney said but come one, there were alot of people who did it, I think the most thing i am mad about was lack of effort by players and coaches,,, it was like watching a sing team
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
why yall care what Sus thinks anyway? did we not know and expect him to say these things today?

i dont understand why they hang on every word he says lol we all know he hates alex, nothing new...
pain must be something we enjoy
Once tape comes out on Smith, teams will have a great game plan on stopping him.

Nobody on this webzone can tell me that it is not easy to have a great game plan to stop Alex Smith from beating you. it is as easy as apple pie to stop Alex Smith.

And many will say, "its one game, chill." of course it is, but is Alex a 'step on your throat qb'? hell no, he's not and he will never be. He is SOOOO LIMITED ITS NOTEVEN FUNNY.

Just as a side note: after we lost, I'm scanning the channels, turn to the Texans game, just in time to see Matt Fnn Shaub wind up and throw a freaking bomb to some receiver who nobody even knows for a td down the middle of the field.f**k man, we couldn't even beat Minnesotas safeties, FML
Lol at all this..
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Once tape comes out on Smith, teams will have a great game plan on stopping him.

Nobody on this webzone can tell me that it is not easy to have a great game plan to stop Alex Smith from beating you. it is as easy as apple pie to stop Alex Smith.

And many will say, "its one game, chill." of course it is, but is Alex a 'step on your throat qb'? hell no, he's not and he will never be. He is SOOOO LIMITED ITS NOTEVEN FUNNY.

Just as a side note: after we lost, I'm scanning the channels, turn to the Texans game, just in time to see Matt Fnn Shaub wind up and throw a freaking bomb to some receiver who nobody even knows for a td down the middle of the field.f**k man, we couldn't even beat Minnesotas safeties, FML

You realize Alex doesn't call the plays right?
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:
Lol at all this..

lol seriously
talk about overreaction over one game
The sky is falling!!! The sky is falling!!!!!

He's not a rookie who's played 3 games. This is his 8th year I think there's plenty of tape for teams to go through.

I came onto this forum and especially this thread to expect overreaction and I wasn't disappointed. Nobody had a great game today, no need to put everyone on a skewer. Go out and beat the Jets next week. Would be happy with a 3-1 start in the first quarter of the season and I think everyone would've signed up for that.

Chill.

There is no tape. Our passing game is mostly off of playaction run plays. Almost all of the good plays are off the fake. The other passing plays are contingent up on receivers, pass protection and read progression when we go spread. And on those, Smith is susceptible to pass rush and good coverage to move the ball as an offense like any other qb. It's up to our guys on offense and Smith to step up and make the plays. There's really no magic to our offense, if they execute it's good, when they don't, it's bad. Same with the other team's defense. If they can disrupt, take away guys that Smith is comfortable with, force him to find someone else in limited time in the pocket, they will be good for the most part.

It's still early so the offense right now as a whole can't respond to those area that the defense is forcing them to do quick enough or well enough. Just has to go through the process of getting better.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 23, 2012 at 4:44 PM ]
Originally posted by jreff22:

You realize Alex doesn't call the plays right?

Yeah, I realize that. What qb does? Does Shaub? Does Ryan? He does have the ball in his hands every play and he could not carry this team through adversity. The worst dagger of this game was Gores fumble, but holy f**k, you can't get within two scores to the Vikings, even with their starting safety out. And the playmakers on our side for disposal,

It's bad when you can count all of Smith's good audibles in his CAREER on six fingers. Calling it how I see it.
Harbaugh should be fired.

Damn, someone should have told that to all of the teams we beat last year, plus the two we've beaten this year
Originally posted by dcsham:
Harbaugh should be fired.

No but I wouldn't mind seeing Roman go.