There are 158 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS MINNESOTA VIKINGS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 3)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Blame goes to everyone:

Alex Smith - looked indecisive and held onto the ball too long.

O-line - just could not give Smith the time he needed at times.

Defense - horrible tackling, secondary looked lost out there too, I'd actually give a lot of the blame to the secondary.

Coaching - Seem like a horrible game plan from the start, we totally shied away from our identity, power running with an aggressive defense.
Originally posted by lamontb:
I really what to know why Alex never throws a fade to a wr in the redzone. Instead we get these wack rollouts with limited options. You watch all these other games and they make it look so simple.

i wonder this too. but the passes to VD say alex has the ability.
Originally posted by lamontb:
The fg attempt was easily the right call.

the one going into halftime, yes. the one after half is debateable.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Blame goes to everyone:

Defense - horrible tackling, secondary looked lost out there too, I'd actually give a lot of the blame to the secondary.

Coaching - Seem like a horrible game plan from the start, we totally shied away from our identity, power running with an aggressive defense.

I would give most if not all of the blame to the secondary. Seriously how did Ponder find somebody wide open on EVERY 3rd down. Frustrating they couldn't cover anybody to save their lives, especially on 3rd down. As soon as our pass rush looked like they were going to get him bam he find another wide open receiver.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Blame goes to everyone:

i really put it on the defense,, they needed to stop them right away and not let them get ahead to feed the crowd, well they got steamrolled, the crowd fed off that and it went downhill from there
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BayArea:
Blame goes to everyone:

I would give most if not all of the blame to the secondary. Seriously how did Ponder find somebody wide open on EVERY 3rd down. Frustrating they couldn't cover anybody to save their lives, especially on 3rd down. As soon as our pass rush looked like they were going to get him bam he find another wide open receiver.
some people think its illegal to rip the defense and the coaches but in this case, they really deserve it in my opinion. does that mean I hate our defense and I hate our coaches? no. plenty of blame but i really think if they would have come out and did what they usually do we could have taken control early.
Originally posted by BayArea:
Blame goes to everyone:

Rewatch the game and watch Tarell Brown. You could practically see the fumes coming off of him he was getting burnt so bad. All Freaking Game.
Crabtree is right. They need to match the defense. Right now the offense's not getting it done. Hopefully they learned after this loss, that the defense will in some games lean on the offense. And the offense has to be accountable when that happens.
Like somebody else said in another thread, we were seriously beat at 'our own' game. -Seems that teams with the capability to match our talent in 'playing-style'/muscle are the only ones capable of taking us down. -Same way the Ravens & Giants did, they were both able to match our personnel, and danced, toe-to-toe.

-This does not bode well, as this is becoming the 'masking-personality' of our entire division. -Whomever has the talent to out-muscle us can take us, thankfully there really isn't a lot of teams like that beyond the NFC West, and the Giants (who we might never face if we make it to the postseason).
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Randy Moss is 6 foot freaking 5 inches and yet our elite QB manages to over throw him twice and once he was wide open for a Td.

Unf**kingbelievable

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Crabtree is right. They need to match the defense. Right now the offense's not getting it done. Hopefully they learned after this loss, that the defense will in some games lean on the offense. And the offense has to be accountable when that happens.

the offense matched the defense today

that is for sure
This loss may be even better than a expected vicotry! I do expect a rebound against the jets. A humbling here and there is nice.
Originally posted by ads_2006:

the offense matched the defense today

that is for sure

You beat me to it.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by susweel:
Randy Moss is 6 foot freaking 5 inches and yet our elite QB manages to over throw him twice and once he was wide open for a Td.

Unf**kingbelievable

True it was a little over thrown, but two passes don't make a game sus. And those two passes weren't the reason the vikes scored 24 points. No way, this loss falls pretty much on the secondary. Every freakin pass Ponder threw I nodded my head cause I knew it was gonna be a completion.

not enough crabtree and gore in the first half i thought
Share 49ersWebzone