LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 243 users in the forums

Packers CB Jarrett Bush: "They really didn't beat us."

Shop Find 49ers gear online
GB fell behind in points for 3+ minutes at Home all year...They were behind almost the entire game
Originally posted by jrg:

We didn't only beat them, we embarrassed them at their home opener.

We beat the s**t out of them and everyone of their fans watched it live with me at the game!!
I already let him hear about it on twitter...haha
Originally posted by toeshawn:
Beating themselves would have been dropping wide open touchdown passes and missing field goals. They got hit in the mouth and couldn't hit back

the only thing that I can agree with Bush is that there was a lot of blown coverages in their secondary. However, they got a lucky break when they got that return for a touchdown, even though it should've been called block in the back....
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
GB fell behind in points for 3+ minutes at Home all year...They were behind almost the entire game

They WERE behind the ENTIRE game.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:

We didn't only beat them, we embarrassed them at their home opener.

esto
He's obviously a no-name whiner who isn't big enough inside to give credit where it's due. It should've been 30-15, anyway. The PR was the result of the worst officials I've ever seen making the wrong call, then not recognizing there was a blatant block in the back on Dixon during the replay. Rodgers knows he was outplayed and he's got the class to congratulate Alex and the Niners on beating them. This other punk really doesn't deserve to be quoted, much less printed.
  • Jiks
They couldn't even run the ball on a 3 man front. He's kind of right, yet ohh so wrong.
The game really was not as close as the final score shows. So not sure how they beat themselves. During the game the 49ers lead 13-7 23-10 and 30-17. Refs blew the kick-of call and that's the only thing that made the game look even close. 49ers dominated this game on both sides of the ball. Packers in denial.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
He's obviously a no-name whiner who isn't big enough inside to give credit where it's due. It should've been 30-15, anyway. The PR was the result of the worst officials I've ever seen making the wrong call, then not recognizing there was a blatant block in the back on Dixon during the replay. Rodgers knows he was outplayed and he's got the class to congratulate Alex and the Niners on beating them. This other punk really doesn't deserve to be quoted, much less printed.

I'm going to try and defend the officials a little bit.

The first call where they threw the flag was down near where the returner turned the corner and went up field. An official thought that it was a block in the back, but they got together and correctly reversed the call, and the replay showed that it was clearly not.
However, later on, as the player was running up the sideline, Dixon was clearly blocked in the back. The officials missed it, which was clear after we get the benefit of watching the replay. Plays like that get missed all the time.

I just wanted to clear up the misunderstanding that they picked up the flag on the block on Dixon, instead, they correctly picked up the flag on another block.
I don't think the replay booth can throw a flag that was not thrown on the field first. That is why, even if they saw the block on Dixon, the replay officials had no authority to do anything about it.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Sep 10, 2012 at 4:55 PM ]

Who the f**k is Jarret Bush?!
@ BrianGo So what your saying is the officials blew and obvious block in the back call? They didn't see it so IMO they blew it.
[ Edited by 49erswillbeback on Sep 10, 2012 at 4:58 PM ]
Clay Matthews said the same thing when the Giants beat them last year. To be expected. Deep down they know they got served, and their defense is not good. Without Aaron Rodgers the Packers are a sub .500 team.
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Sep 10, 2012 at 5:04 PM ]
One analyst said that if the packers take that attitude, they are going to continue to have problems. Like alcoholic denying they are an alcy and refusing to get help, unitl they crash and burn.
Originally posted by 49erswillbeback:
@ BrianGo So what your saying is the officials blew and obvious block in the back call? They didn't see it so IMO they blew it.

Right. They missed the call. But I've seen those missed a hundred million times before. The regular officials miss those penalties all the time.
The fact that they incorrectly threw a flag on another block, picked it up, and then correctly confirmed the inadvertent flag on replay, made everything appear 100X more ugly than it actually was.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Sep 10, 2012 at 5:02 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone