LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

Coaching Staff

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If you take a look at the last 19 games, the team is 15-4. They lost the 4 games (2 of them in OT) by a combined 18 points! That speaks volumes about exactly how good are coaches are at game planning, playing to their roster's strength, etc. You have to give Pats/Steelers their due but I don't think I'd trade in this staff for anyone's right now.
niners are going to lose greg roman at the end of the year. i can sense it already. fangio doesnt want to be a head coach it seems like though
schmons, that is why your HC has to be an OC. If you lose your OC, it doesn't matter In actuality, my guess is Coach H calls 90% of plays anyway...altho i don't know that for certain.
all hail coach harbaugh.
f**k cant lose Roman man...
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I dont care who they lose because Im confident Harbaugh will always hire the right person. The key to everything is Harbaugh and his determination to be the best.
Originally posted by schmons:
niners are going to lose greg roman at the end of the year. i can sense it already. fangio doesnt want to be a head coach it seems like though

Don't say that you will jinx us!!!!!!!

Yeah Billicheck might have the upper hand right now given his career and championships stacked against Harbaugh but given time he will go down as one of the greats and probably wins more superbowls than BB.
If we almost lost Roman to Penn St. (and I think maybe the Colts too?) after LAST year, we're almost certainly gonna lose him next year, that's just reality. Of course hope for the best, but gotta expect the worst. Though at least obviously Harbaugh is an offensive guy and so the offensive continuity/system/verbiage/philosophy will remain the same and I'm sure he'll bring in another young up & coming stud to run the offense (or promote Chryst).
Originally posted by lordfangio:
If we almost lost Roman to Penn St. (and I think maybe the Colts too?) after LAST year, we're almost certainly gonna lose him next year, that's just reality. Of course hope for the best, but gotta expect the worst. Though at least obviously Harbaugh is an offensive guy and so the offensive continuity/system/verbiage/philosophy will remain the same and I'm sure he'll bring in another young up & coming stud to run the offense (or promote Chryst).

Chryst would definitally be promoted to OC

if that happens you can expect a slight increase in QB stats a little less for RB wouldnt mind Cryst OC one bit (he was the one who called final series - or the catch 3 play) against the saints )
bigger names like Gruden would be called first...when people hear SF they think of the D

Originally posted by jreff22:
bigger names like Gruden would be called first...when people hear SF they think of the D

true

but people who saw our offfense thought it was the most effiecent offense of the nfl (this was before the ravens and MNF however)
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by jreff22:

true

but people who saw our offfense thought it was the most effiecent offense of the nfl (this was before the ravens and MNF however)
People want high flying circus acts that look great in fantasy leagues. Gruden even Billick would get the first nod. And you have to look at the team that has the opening...would he go to a divisional rival...a s**t hole like Buffalo or Cleveland? Unless a major opening like Philly, Dallas, or Chicago opened I cant see anything working great.
Didn't Harbaugh say he has people ready to step in if and when he leaves? He knows what he's doing.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Chryst would definitally be promoted to OC

if that happens you can expect a slight increase in QB stats a little less for RB wouldnt mind Cryst OC one bit (he was the one who called final series - or the catch 3 play) against the saints )

I definitely wouldn't say Chryst would definitely be promoted. I think there's a decent chance Andy Reid could be our OC
lol i think andy reid and gruden have too much ego to ever take an OC position again
Share 49ersWebzone