There are 123 users in the forums

After the victory against Green Bay, are we Super Bowl favorites?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

After the victory against Green Bay, are we Super Bowl favorites?

After that virtuoso performance at Cheesehead Stadium, are we the perennial favorites to go to New Orleans and win the championship?
we beat the giants in the regular season too dude. playoffs are a whole different animal but this team looks way better than last years. alex completed 75 % of his passes and 75% of them were to WRs, that is huge! i think we shoulda been superbowl favorites before the season started but this confirms that we are foreal
We can beat anybody. But we are also capable of being beaten since the offense is not that explosive and still struggles on 3rd downs. All the games last season and this year (just 1 so far) are nail bitters down to the end. We don't blow many teams out. We can definitely lose too as we found out vs. the Giants. If things don't all go right in all aspects of the game. That being said the offense seems improved. The D is super stout. The special teams may be special again. The coach is one of the best in the league. We are one of the contendors.
To early to tell. I wanna see our offense go against a team with a good defense, until then will we know.

We wont see a team like that till Oct. 14th against the GMen IMO. Should be a great revenge game.
[ Edited by Bleed49ers4Life on Sep 10, 2012 at 6:22 AM ]
packers
patriots
ravens
49ers

those are the 4 elite teams i nfl that are capable of beating any team in nfl

(broncos and cowboys may be in that category but after 1 nfl game too early to say)

those are 4 SB favorites also giants if they get in playoffs they always step it up there
waaaaaay early for this
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Its only week 1
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
packers
patriots
ravens
49ers

(broncos and cowboys may be in that category but after 1 nfl game too early to say)

those are 4 SB favorites also giants if they get in playoffs they always step it up there

i put houston on that list too.
we should've been SuperBowl favorites going into this season...this win shouldn't mean anything more.

The way we lost that Championship Game...wow. And with the way the Patriots were one dimensional, we would've most likely beat them as well.

so because of that we should've been the favorites, let alone how we added players that would improve the team...didn't really lose anyone. Heck, win by subtraction with Chilo leaving.

I was too lazy to drive to Vegas Saturday, but I should've. I believe we were 9-1 or 10-1 to win it all. Now, I'm sure those odds are going to be different with everyone outside of SF jumping on the bandwagon.
packers
patriots
ravens
49ers

The team I fear most is actually the Ravens.

packers
patriots
ravens
49ers

Houston needs to be on that list.
Originally posted by BayArea:
packers
patriots
ravens
49ers

Houston needs to be on that list.

They struggled 3.5 Qtrs against the dolphins
They are my favorites to win the Super Bowl but they were before the season started ( strong defense and more weapons on offense.. 2nd year under Harbaugh and deeper in the play-book). As far as the medias opinion on the 49ers? Who really gives a **it! ? Not me!
it's only one game, but it's one helluva game. For me, the teams to beat in the nfc are the niners, pack, and saints.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
They struggled 3.5 Qtrs against the dolphins

24-3 at half, 27-10 going into the 4th. No struggles whatsoever.
Share 49ersWebzone