There are 87 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Theyre sitting Willis in favor of Bowman

means nothing, it was the 6 DB package the niners were running. Bowmans skills just better fit that scheme. If the pack were a running team, willis would've never left the field.
Trade Willis now
  • 49ers
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 3,494
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by 49ers:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by 49ers:
Originally posted by deepniner:
Why is it so hard to admit that Willis hasnt been that dominant and game changing as in the past. And oh yeah, as a result, Bowman is playing better than him. We have to admit that he's not been dominant since the 2nd part of last season.

Thank you. The elephant in the room is that Bowman IS better than Willis. End of story.

Wow. I can't believe you guys watch the games. We asked Willis to cover more because he has blinding speed. This takes him AWAY from the line of scrimage. Which in turn takes him AWAY from stat producing plays. Why is this difficult for fans to understand?.... .....

Listen, SD, don't lump me with whatever fans you're trying to. I did not mention anything of the sort. I simply said Bowman is better than Willis, which is a fact to those that watch objectively. Never said anything negative.

Lol but it's not... Not only, by definition, is it an opinion, but it's certainly more than debatable.

You ever think that maybe opposing offenses are scheming against Willis and focusing on him when the offensive lineman get to the 2nd level? Maybe Bowman's success is a direct result of playing next to Willis? Maybe having Willis next to him allows him to roam free most of the time?

Willis does so much for this defense that doesn't even show up in the stat sheet, let alone the viewer's eyes. When offensive coordinators try to prepare for out team, the first two defenders they focus on are Justin Smith and Patrick Willis, followed closely by Bowman and Aldon Smith.

Both are fantastic, and it's silly that we're debating who's better because each are equally as important to this team. The only reason I'm arguing with you is because you walk in here saying that it's a foregone conclusion that Bowman is officially better than Willis. It seems like you're the one that's not watching objectively.

First of all, when is it a sin to be better than Willis? Is it illegal? Did I say Willis is bad? No. Simply put, one more time...no matter how much Willis is "loved", which I being a Niner fan also do as well, one cannot argue that going into last year and the present, Bowman is playing at a simply higher level than Willis. If you can't give another of our players credit for taking his game above anothers, then "that" is your opinion which I have nothing against because I understand you, too, are a Niner fan.
lol double post, trying to get my post count up
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Sep 9, 2012 at 9:19 PM ]
Originally posted by Apone:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
we won and willis and bowman are like bros. I'm cool wit it but it is gonna be pricey to keep bowman unless we sign him this offseason. we hit on that pick for sho tho

Franchise him. They remind of me BY and Stubby. Keep them together.
What about goldson, were thin at Saftey already. I like bowman but we can't tag both. Can't we Tender Bowman at the highest level to keep him, and match any contract offer he get's?
So I've decide to rewatch the game on my DVR. First thing I noticed is that on the very first GB drive the Niners go into a dime package on obvious passing downs and take out Willis leaving Bowman as the loan middle LB. Cox seems to take the place of Willis.

The second thing I've noticed is when Willis is in all the plays seem to be designed away from him. Whether its a pass or run, GB plays the other side of the field if possible.

Based on the way f*gio is using Willis, I think it will be very difficult for him to have good stats.

Edit: Now in the second series, Willis is in for Bowman in the dime.....interesting. Again, they dont even throw his way (so far).

Edit: Every run play GB does, they send a Lineman to the second level to hit Willis. Bowman roams free.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Sep 9, 2012 at 9:36 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ers:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by 49ers:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by 49ers:
Originally posted by deepniner:
Why is it so hard to admit that Willis hasnt been that dominant and game changing as in the past. And oh yeah, as a result, Bowman is playing better than him. We have to admit that he's not been dominant since the 2nd part of last season.

Thank you. The elephant in the room is that Bowman IS better than Willis. End of story.

Wow. I can't believe you guys watch the games. We asked Willis to cover more because he has blinding speed. This takes him AWAY from the line of scrimage. Which in turn takes him AWAY from stat producing plays. Why is this difficult for fans to understand?.... .....

Listen, SD, don't lump me with whatever fans you're trying to. I did not mention anything of the sort. I simply said Bowman is better than Willis, which is a fact to those that watch objectively. Never said anything negative.

Lol but it's not... Not only, by definition, is it an opinion, but it's certainly more than debatable.

You ever think that maybe opposing offenses are scheming against Willis and focusing on him when the offensive lineman get to the 2nd level? Maybe Bowman's success is a direct result of playing next to Willis? Maybe having Willis next to him allows him to roam free most of the time?

Willis does so much for this defense that doesn't even show up in the stat sheet, let alone the viewer's eyes. When offensive coordinators try to prepare for out team, the first two defenders they focus on are Justin Smith and Patrick Willis, followed closely by Bowman and Aldon Smith.

Both are fantastic, and it's silly that we're debating who's better because each are equally as important to this team. The only reason I'm arguing with you is because you walk in here saying that it's a foregone conclusion that Bowman is officially better than Willis. It seems like you're the one that's not watching objectively.

First of all, when is it a sin to be better than Willis? Is it illegal? Did I say Willis is bad? No. Simply put, one more time...no matter how much Willis is "loved", which I being a Niner fan also do as well, one cannot argue that going into last year and the present, Bowman is playing at a simply higher level than Willis. If you can't give another of our players credit for taking his game above anothers, then "that" is your opinion which I have nothing against because I understand you, too, are a Niner fan.

You have to excuse him. He gets a little emotional about his favorit players.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
So I've decide to rewatch the game on my DVR. First thing I noticed is that on the very first GB drive the Niners go into a dime package on obvious passing downs and take out Willis leaving Bowman as the loan middle LB. Cox seems to take the place of Willis.

The second thing I've noticed is when Willis is in all the plays seem to be designed away from him. Whether its a pass or run, GB plays the other side of the field if possible.

Based on the way f*gio is using Willis, I think it will be very difficult for him to have good stats.

That's exactly what I'm trying to say... Willis is going to do a lot of things for this defense that won't show up in the stat sheet.

Just because Bowman is going to take all the glory doesn't mean he's the better linebacker. I honestly don't think Bowman would be considered a top-2 inside linebacker if he wasn't playing directly next to the best in the business.

And damn straight I get a little emotional about my favorite players. I'm a fan.
[ Edited by OregonDuckNiner on Sep 9, 2012 at 9:27 PM ]
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Maybe we should trade Willis to Seattle for Wilson.


I know you're joking but in your heart you really want this lol
double post
[ Edited by pelos21 on Sep 9, 2012 at 9:28 PM ]
Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Maybe we should trade Willis to Seattle for Wilson.


I know you're joking but in your heart you really want this lol

Well since you said it twice, maybe...
f**king Niner Talk.
  • DRnSFw
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 48,046
Adam Schlefter is reporting that Patrick Willis is unhappy with his role on the 49ers defense during the dime package an is seeking a trade
Originally posted by 49ers:
First of all, when is it a sin to be better than Willis? Is it illegal? Did I say Willis is bad? No. Simply put, one more time...no matter how much Willis is "loved", which I being a Niner fan also do as well, one cannot argue that going into last year and the present, Bowman is playing at a simply higher level than Willis. If you can't give another of our players credit for taking his game above anothers, then "that" is your opinion which I have nothing against because I understand you, too, are a Niner fan.

That's the thing: it's not bad or illegal to say that he's better, but you can't say it's a fact cause it's not. Just like saying Calvin Johnson is better than Larry Fitzgerald. It's all opinions, not facts.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I believe that Bowman's success is a direct result to playing next to Willis. Yes, Bowman is playing better than Willis right now, but I don't think he plays at this high of a level without Willis. Why is that? I mentioned all of that in my previous post. Opposing offenses focus on making sure that Willis doesn't beat them, which certainly permits Bowman to roam the field and make big plays like he did today.

But really, we have the two best inside linebackers in the NFL. This is splitting hairs. I just think it's way too early for Willis to be passing the torch. He is still the face of this defense.
F- you Niner Talk.