There are 137 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Theyre sitting Willis in favor of Bowman

Originally posted by Afrikan:
Bowman should sign the first contract we offer him...we are not going to let him get away, we'll franchise him for back to back years like we are most likely going to be doing to Goldson.

besides, I don't think the average for top MLBs is going to cost us much.

Lauranitus just got extended for 5 yrs 38M I think. It will have to be to the 40's for Bowman. Hope they can get something done.

I think everyone needs to chill. You can only have 11 on the field at a time and when they're bringing 4 & 5 WRs at a time LBs come off the field. I'm 100% confident its a sub so they both stay fresh. 60 minute game today, full speed all day.
Originally posted by deepniner:
Why is it so hard to admit that Willis hasnt been that dominant and game changing as in the past. And oh yeah, as a result, Bowman is playing better than him. We have to admit that he's not been dominant since the 2nd part of last season.

This. Most people here last year defended Willis' low tackle stat due to him in coverage more and now some are saying Bowman is better in coverage. Admit it, Bowman is playing better than Willis right now.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Yeah but he's not on Willis' level yet. I've never seen a LB make so many plays on pass defense as Willis.

I mean I love Bowman and he's definitely a top-5 MLB in the NFL right now, but Willis was not on the bench in favor of Bowman because of the pass defense. It must've been for another reason.

Dude, Bowman is arguably already a top-5 defensive player in the game (1st team all pro, DPOY votes) so calling him a top-5 ILB is an insult. Is there any ILB in the league not on the Niners that you would take over Bowman? No chance!
Originally posted by lordfangio:
Yeah but he's not on Willis' level yet. I've never seen a LB make so many plays on pass defense as Willis.

I mean I love Bowman and he's definitely a top-5 MLB in the NFL right now, but Willis was not on the bench in favor of Bowman because of the pass defense. It must've been for another reason.

Dude, Bowman is arguably already a top-5 defensive player in the game (1st team all pro, DPOY votes) so calling him a top-5 ILB is an insult. Is there any ILB in the league not on the Niners that you would take over Bowman? No chance!

You just contradicted yourself in that statement...

And you're arguing something completely different. All I'm saying is that Willis is still a superior LB in coverage.
omg we won
  • GORO
  • Veteran
it's a team sport. I didnot like Aldon and Justin Smith on the sideline when we were in the redzone, but if they can take our two best pass rushers out then they can take Willis out, it about the team.
There is no favoritism on this team. Whatever it takes to the win the game this team will do. If I were starting a team I would take Willis over Bowman, but there are things that each do better than the other. They are both all pros, nothing is insulting to the other. Btw, Willis is the godfather to Bowman's kids ffs.
Originally posted by Chief:
Originally posted by FlayvaMeister:
Originally posted by Chief:
Bowman > Willis

3 Times BETTER ?

Not sure what happened there and I am not 100% serious.. But, both LB's are great and the coaches know when to play which one. It worked, Bowman caught a game changing INT.

WOOT!

Go Niners!

Just Messin' ... feeling REAL good right about now.
Will be sleeping like a baby tonight ;D

That, and seeing what Peyton can do in this game.
[ Edited by FlayvaMeister on Sep 9, 2012 at 7:24 PM ]
You can bet one thing Bowman's agent was doing this
You just contradicted yourself in that statement...

And you're arguing something completely different. All I'm saying is that Willis is still a superior LB in coverage.

It's an insult because calling him top-5 implies he could be the 3rd, 4th, or 5th best when he's CLEARLY the 2nd best, just like u wouldnt refer to a guy like calvin johnson as a top-5 WR, that would be insulting...no and I know youre arguing something else, I just had to call you out on that
[ Edited by lordfangio on Sep 9, 2012 at 7:57 PM ]
Originally posted by lamontb:

Originally posted by qwestlove94:
Originally posted by lamontb:

lol lock him up now!
  • 49ers
  • Veteran
Originally posted by deepniner:
Why is it so hard to admit that Willis hasnt been that dominant and game changing as in the past. And oh yeah, as a result, Bowman is playing better than him. We have to admit that he's not been dominant since the 2nd part of last season.

Thank you. The elephant in the room is that Bowman IS better than Willis. End of story.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
i think its because bowman is faster

Yeah because Bowman (4.7) is better than Willis (4.49 - combine) for speed....
Interestingly, all the highlights I've seen on the Networks shows GB only throwing at Bowman and not Willis. I dont remember that to be true, but I look forward to going back to the tape...