LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 383 users in the forums

Theyre sitting Willis in favor of Bowman

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Shaj:
How do you guys know Willis is not hurt? Harbaugh is pretty secretive about this stuff.

He isn't. Nothing came out about this after the game and Willis was coming in and out of the game. It was situation substitutes.
Bowman is better in coverage...willis played in the last two defensive series I believe
I cant lie, this makes me sad. I love Willis. I hate to think the coaching staff likes Bowman better....
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I cant lie, this makes me sad. I love Willis. I hate to think the coaching staff likes Bowman better....

I think in coverage they favor Bowman more. And that is okay. Bowman is a stud. Like I said before, this is a great problem to have.
My two cents....before they sowed Willis on the sideline, there was a play where he was closing on someone towards the sideline and to me he just looked a little slower than normal...usually a missile...i dunno...just my opinion...big win though!

What a stupid post
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

What a stupid post

Lol this
IMO - strictly a game SCHEMING maneuver ...
From what I seen...Willis' job for this game was to cover Finley and spy on Rodgers....and I believe by the 4th qtr they subbed Cox for Willis to play coverage because Packers were one dimensional...and it worked.
Willis Had his Hands on his hips

Originally posted by monsterzero789:

What a stupid post

Lol this

Why is that stupid.....? You dont have favorite players? Obviously, I want whats best for the team, but it bums me out "best" doesn't inlcude Willis in dime package. Dont be bitter about my Smith posts Sin....
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

What a stupid post

Lol this

Why is that stupid.....? You dont have favorite players? Obviously, I want whats best for the team, but it bums me out "best" doesn't inlcude Willis in dime package. Dont be bitter about my Smith posts Sin....

No those are just as stupid as these are.
Honestly this shouldn't even be a thread.

How long before we see threads about Gore being washed up, and Hunter being the franchise back, or Keap coming in because we are phasing out Smith? Why sometimes does it seem like a win isn't good enough around here?
No those are just as stupid as these are.

You're as see through as Saran wrap, homie.
Originally posted by weezie49er:
My two cents....before they sowed Willis on the sideline, there was a play where he was closing on someone towards the sideline and to me he just looked a little slower than normal...usually a missile...i dunno...just my opinion...big win though!

Yeah, it was Finley I believe. He looked a bit slower and like he had a hard time tackling him. As if he couldn't wrap his arms around him.... almost like he had a cast on but Finley did stiff arm him a tiny bit. Willis just won't make as much of an impact when he's covering their star players and not in the box racking up tackles. Teams aren't going to try and pound the ball on us... it will hurt Willis' stats. It's easy being that Derek Smith type who racks up a ton of tackles because they are on a bad defense who gets run on all game long and jumps on piles. Big difference between that and being an all around LB.

Edit: but I wouldn't read anything into it... it's just depends on the situation.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 9, 2012 at 6:52 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone