There are 383 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Harbaughs 1%

I think this is what changed us from a mediocre team to a great team. Its all of the little things we do that puts so much presure on the other team. From deffering posession to the second half. Which is a big strategic advantage. Raising hell with the schedule makers staying over on the east coast on back to back road weeks. Fooling the officials which i promise we will see this weekend. He was easily able to fool the regular officials last year with motions and such . Using lots of starters on special teams. Harbaugh is the most forward thinking coach in the NFL since the great bill walsh. He plans for every situation. Remember when andy lee ran the football out of the back of the endzone to seal the game? Its impossible to plan for harbaugh because he doesnt see the game like other people. And this list could go on and on. We are gonna dominate this league!!
I'm pretty sure we won every game we deferred last year.
why 1%....?
1% better everyday is harbaughs mantra. Forgot to put it in the post
I was suprised all last season that other nfl coachs didnt seem to pick up on that.
Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:
1% better everyday is harbaughs mantra. Forgot to put it in the post

It's that 1% that makes all the difference.
I was suprised all last season that other nfl coachs didnt seem to pick up on that.

He's cultivated this meathead persona--Pete Carroll "what's YOUR deal," the handshake thing with Schwartz--and no one seems to care to look past that. He is utterly calculating and everyone think's he's a hothead. Pure Harbaugh.
So your saying Harbaugh is in a biker gang?

Or maybe we should send OWS to his house to protest.

On a serious note: Nice post.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Sep 7, 2012 at 9:26 PM ]
Ninermedic i agree. The funny thing is, is that he seems to do it so naturly. The guys a coldblooded killer. Im glad he's on our side.
Like Walsh, he understands that the players will put all the pressure in the world on themselves if they know competition is ongoing. He can be the good guy, fun guy, letting the pressure come from the players. The 1% deal is really smart in that he doesn't expect perfection...just constant growth in each player. I'm sure Willis, Gore and other vets feel just as much pressure to improve as the rookies do.

Best of all, he has been around football his entire life absorbing everything he sees. There probably not too many situations he has not seen, played, and coached.
Ninermedic i agree. The funny thing is, is that he seems to do it so naturly. The guys a coldblooded killer. Im glad he's on our side.

You just said it. He is a coldblooder killer,he was looking for another QB, when he had said that he had his QB already....good thing he's on our side......the only bad thing is I hope he forget the stupid idea of putting Kyle on PR....cause he will try to prove everyone wrong...stubbornness is a bi53h....ask singletary......
Originally posted by 49ercrusher:
You just said it. He is a coldblooder killer,he was looking for another QB, when he had said that he had his QB already....good thing he's on our side......the only bad thing is I hope he forget the stupid idea of putting Kyle on PR....cause he will try to prove everyone wrong...stubbornness is a bi53h....ask singletary......

It's not that he's trying to prove anything to anyone. If KW is returning punts it's because in practice and at camp he proved he was the best option after Teddy. Not to mention KW seems to have enough of a head on his shoulders to want to prove himself. This is Harbaugh knowing how to press a player's buttons to get the most out of his personnel.
occupy lambeau
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
occupy lambeau

Can we bring back the goal posts!?
  • carl
  • Veteran
This post is spot on.

Things I loved seeing last year was the Tight End going into motion and confusing defenses on 3rd and short. Obviously the NFL sent him a private message to stop it. lol

Another thing I loved was seeing Crabtree standing out away from the huddle on a field goal attempt (was it against St Louis?) and eventually catching a pass for a TD because nobody covered him.

I also love that he's putting defensive tackles in as lead blockers. With a league that's focusing more and more on the spread offense, defenses have to really dig deep into their active roster to defend against something that is essentially a modified goal line formation.